Unpopular Opinion Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Kiryu2012
Keizer

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post by Kiryu2012 »

KillCrites wrote:JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is one of the most outright ugly anime/manga I've ever laid my eyes upon.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Well, it's the only place where you can see a South American Aztec vampire-god awakening and brutally murdering German nazis, while Arabian music plays in the background :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Somewhat relevant to the Infinity War discussion - I'm definitely feeling superhero fatigue, and have been for a few years now. I haven't really felt a strong desire to see a superhero movie since Guardians of The Galaxy, I guess. I've seen a good deal of the MCU regardless (usually with others), but still.
Last edited by G2000 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

G2000 wrote:Somewhat relevant to the Infinity War discussion - I'm definitely feeling superhero fatigue, and have been for a few years now. I haven't really felt a strong desire to see a superhero movie since Guardians of The Galaxy, I guess. I've seen them regardless (usually with others), but still.
Yup, same. It's why I'm so surprised by how excited I actually am for this new Joker project. It's the first superhero project in years I've actively been excited for.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Maritonic wrote:
G2000 wrote:Somewhat relevant to the Infinity War discussion - I'm definitely feeling superhero fatigue, and have been for a few years now. I haven't really felt a strong desire to see a superhero movie since Guardians of The Galaxy, I guess. I've seen them regardless (usually with others), but still.
Yup, same. It's why I'm so surprised by how excited I actually am for this new Joker project. It's the first superhero project in years I've actively been excited for.
I'm not particularly. This is the third new Joker in six years. Maybe Pheonix will do a good job, but I don't know. Jared Leto gets praise for his performance as the Joker in Suicide Squad despite limited screentime, but I found it an inferior impression of Ledger's Joker dressed up as a Soundcloud rapper.

I've heard Venom was okay, sort of want to see that.
Last edited by G2000 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I don't think this is unpopular per say, but it is definitely the 'less cool' opinion.

The English opening to Digimon is better than the Japanese. Like, the Japanese is still good, but those opening notes of the English theme are just too badass.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Oh, man- I just finished having the animated Spider-man theme running through my head, and now you've stuck Digimon there! :)

Gi-gi-mon, Digital Monster, Digimon are the cham-pions...!
Last edited by Zarm on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Zarm wrote:Oh, man- I just finished having the animated Spider-man theme running through my head, and now you've stuck Digimon there! :)

Gi-gi-mon, Digital Monster, Digimon are the cham-pions...!
I am the bringer of catchy nostalgia.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

That show makes me way too emotional, and I don't know why. Like, there's something about having these pre-destined best friends in another world that is... way more affecting than a kids show ought to be, for me.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Zarm wrote:That show makes me way too emotional, and I don't know why. Like, there's something about having these pre-destined best friends in another world that is... way more affecting than a kids show ought to be, for me.
I'm totally with you. Digimon Adventure was more emotionally complex than most kids shows, frankly. I'd recommend watching Billiam's videos on the Digimon series, he does a great job of unpacking what made them relatively sophisticated.

Added in 14 days 2 hours 54 minutes 33 seconds:
I really don't freaking get Post Malone.

MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Post by MrGoji1999 »

I think Christian Bale´s Batman voice is nowhere near as bad as some people are making it to be. In fact, I actually kind of like it.
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I'm starting to lose interest in Disney/Pixar movies or almost any animated movies for that matter. All they just keep doing nowadays since Wreck-It Ralph have been pulling off the same formulas over and over again especially with the Twist Villain and Pre-Climax arguments which ruins the enjoyment and tension of the movies having seen those tropes so many times, I know what to expect especially the latter where they'll see the error of their ways, get back together, apologizes and joins once more to achieve said goal. So tense amIriteorwut!? :roll:

Like...Is it really that hard to not do something new for once like not having those? That's all I ask. Disney and other animated movie companies can easily pull it off but they're just being lazy.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I think Ed, Edd, and Eddy is complete garbage.

It's ugly, obnoxious, loud, crude, and mean spirited. It's every negative stereotype about children's cartoons rolled into one steaming package of shit.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I'm starting to lose interest in Disney/Pixar movies or almost any animated movies for that matter. All they just keep doing nowadays since Wreck-It Ralph have been pulling off the same formulas over and over again especially with the Twist Villain and Pre-Climax arguments which ruins the enjoyment and tension of the movies having seen those tropes so many times, I know what to expect especially the latter where they'll see the error of their ways, get back together, apologizes and joins once more to achieve said goal. So tense amIriteorwut!? :roll:

Like...Is it really that hard to not do something new for once like not having those? That's all I ask. Disney and other animated movie companies can easily pull it off but they're just being lazy.
Ugh, I know right?
I remember when I was on the Frozen bandwagon and I thought it was the next Lion King like everyone else, but now I look back it and all the other movies trying so hard to mimic it and I just think, "Maybe this wasn't as nuanced and special as I thought it was." And between all the live-action craze and the whole Lasseter fiasco, I've just about lost all faith in their movie deparments. The only thing I have left to like about them is their older movies (save for Incredibles 2, which I haven't seen yet but have absolute faith in) and their TV animation which has been doing some consistently great stuff (e.g. Star vs the Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls, Big City Greens, etc.).
Other than that, this is precisely why I made the jump to Studio Ghibli and beyond.

Added in 1 minute 20 seconds:
And speaking of anime, I'm starting to think that Gen Urobochi is overrated. And I'm not just saying that because I didn't like the Anime Trilogy!
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Titanoterror98 wrote:(save for Incredibles 2, which I haven't seen yet but have absolute faith in)
I should warn ya that they yet again pulls off the skreeonking Twist Villain once more. -_-

Charles F. Muntz
Lotso
King Candy/Turbo
Hans
Robert Callaghan
Bellwether
Erensto

Jesus Christ Disney/Pixar just stop...Whatever happened to villains from the get go like Scar, Frollo, Jafar, etc.? At this point its just predictable that nowadays can be seen coming a mile away and not tense/suspenseful nor not see it coming.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:(save for Incredibles 2, which I haven't seen yet but have absolute faith in)
I should warn ya that they yet again pulls off the skreeonking Twist Villain once more. -_-

Charles F. Muntz
Lotso
King Candy/Turbo
Hans
Robert Callaghan
Bellwether
Erensto

Jesus Christ Disney/Pixar just stop...Whatever happened to villains from the get go like Scar, Frollo, Jafar, etc.? At this point its just predictable that nowadays can be seen coming a mile away and not tense/suspenseful nor not see it coming.
I mean, I guess it's technically a twist villain. I don't think there's anyone in the audience that doesn't know from within 30 seconds of the character's introduction that they're going to turn out to BE a villain... ;)

Maranatha!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Zarm wrote:I mean, I guess it's technically a twist villain. I don't think there's anyone in the audience that doesn't know from within 30 seconds of the character's introduction that they're going to turn out to BE a villain... ;)
Maybe but its still to that point one of them is gonna turn out to be the Twist Villain and I'll be all "Yep I saw it coming... :roll:"

And for some the moment Miguel was thinking Ernesto was his great grandfather I instantly knew Hector had to actually be his actual great-grandfather.

And though not Disney/Pixar I'm personally expecting the Light Fury to be on it with the villain only to turn on him in the end to side with Hiccup and Toothless. I don't know I just got a gut feeling...
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Ahhhh... I haven't seen Coco yet. So...

Maranatha!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Zarm wrote:Ahhhh... I haven't seen Coco yet. So...
Spoiler:
Miguel our protagonist thinks Ernesto a famous singer and idol is his great-grandfather and goes to the afterlife to find him to get his blessing in music, turns out Hector was his actual great grandfather that made the songs and Ernesto was a fraud who poisoned Hector and stole his songs leading to people to believe he wrote them. He gets exposed in the end and gets shunned.
Where have I seen this whole idol/fraud thing before? Oh right Charles F. Muntz.

Anyways I think I'm gonna do what TitanoTerror did and move onto Studio Ghibli and such. Sounds like they don't seem to pull off such obvious and predictable tropes.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

Charles F. Muntz
Lotso
King Candy/Turbo
Hans
Robert Callaghan
Bellwether
Erensto

*sigh* Of course they did...
I wish I could defend some of these choices, but at this point it's just G-rated shock value. It's at the point where it's getting--dare I say--Shyamalanian!
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)