Unpopular Opinion Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:
goji89 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Having just finished the main story, I can now say with confidence that Marvel's Spider-Man by Insomniac Games is a better Spider-Man movie then all the existing live action movies.

Yes, even the Raimi Trilogy.

just by a little bit but still
Raimi trilogy sucked and Pizza time memes suck.......Noodles.

I have my throne.
"I'm gonna throw some dirt in your eye."
such an achievement. Your parents must be very proud.

RIP Evan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Inspired by a post in the G2 thread that will probably net me some ire from the mods for the dastardly act of being off-topic, I think the best video game movie is still Mortal Kombat because of how close in tone it is to the source material. The original game is a wacky kung fu ninja movie parody and the movie is exactly the type of film the game is making fun of. It just works perfectly.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I was rewatching Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon recently, and I guess it's safe to say the OG MK games/movie are 90% inspired by that film?

I'm cool with it, 2 of my favorite things, Bruce Lee and MK.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

One pertaining to 'The Abyss': I don't think Lis was worth the effort in reconciling/getting back together with. Why I feel that way, I'd rather not go into.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

I might get yelled at by fans of the Batman Rocksteady Arkham Trilogy games for saying this but I actually think that Batman Arkham Origins does some things in terms of gameplay and or characters better ,

Some examples:

Better boss fights
We finally get to take on Killer Croc and Deathstroke in hand to hand fights
Better crime scene investigations (You can review the video monitor to review the evidence to find clues)
Anytime the GCPD announces a 'Crime in Progress' you have the option to stop crimes
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Friday the Thirteenth (2009) is one of the best films in the franchise.

A smart hunter, (as a boy who grew up by himself in the woods should be), still disfigured, hates people because they killed his Mother and he watched it happen, he's efficient with Bear traps, bow and arrows, Axe lunging, this guy is no one to mess with.

I've heard complaints that he looked "homeless"... One, that is completely false the dude looked like a badass huntsman. Two, even if he does look homeless, HE IS HOMELESS, HE'S JASON VOORHEES, NOT JASON VERSACE.

Another complaint people have is Jason running, now idk about you guys, but a 7 foot giant bulked out dude in tattered clothes, a hockey mask and a machete chasing me with the goal to kill, in the middle of the woods would freak me the skreeonk out more than a slow walking tubby dude in a button up and kitchen gloves.

Remember, this is pre-zombie Jason, so technically this is still a mix of Films 2-3 where he's still a human, not the unkillable zombie he is in the rest of the franchise, I would've loved to see this rebooted continuity continue on with a massive monstrous zombie Jason that remembered bits and pieces of his hunter skills.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri May 24, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

_JNavs_ wrote:Another complaint people have is Jason running
People complain about Jason running? But Jason ran in the earlier films. He's not Michael Myers...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

eabaker wrote:
People complain about Jason running? But Jason ran in the earlier films. He's not Michael Myers...
People tend to believe that he has some sort've "teleporting" thing in the classic films. Since he just "appears" when the plot called for it.

The fan game that came out a while back didn't help when they made that one of his main ways of transportation lol.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

_JNavs_ wrote:
eabaker wrote:
People tend to believe that he has some sort've "teleporting" thing in the classic films. Since he just "appears" when the plot called for it.
I don't know what people you're interacting with who believe this, but I would strongly encourage you to permanently stop interacting with them.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

eabaker wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
eabaker wrote:
I don't know what people you're interacting with who believe this, but I would strongly encourage you to permanently stop interacting with them.
:lol: I fully agree with you, Jason's just a human at the end of the day. But sadly I think it's a bit more widespread than that, none of my friends watch watch Horror flicks. I've come to that conclusion based on horror reviewers in general. It may just be the general consensus I think.

Another example of this being using in popular media is in MKX, where Jason has a misty teleporting move.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri May 24, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

IMO none of Stephen King's movie adaptions should get new movies given how much the new Pet Sematary wasn't that good. To begin with that was only made to cash in on Its success and worst thing about that was changing it to Ellie dying instead of Gabe which it was in the original novel and 1989 film. Movie I felt was trying too hard to be as successful as the new It was but failed miserably.

As Jud would say.

Sometimes dead is better.

Plus knowing movies today if they remake Cujo they'll most likely rely on CGI using an CGI dog rather then a real one. Mark my words. :roll:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed May 29, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:IMO none of Stephen King's movie adaptions should get new movies given how much the new Pet Sematary wasn't that good. To begin with that was only made to cash in on Its success and worst thing about that was changing it to Ellie dying instead of Gabe which it was in the original novel and 1989 film. Movie I felt was trying too hard to be as successful as the new It was but failed miserably.

As Jud would say.

Sometimes dead is better.

Plus knowing movies today if they remake Cujo they'll most likely rely on CGI using an CGI dog rather then a real one. Mark my words. :roll:
There's a C.U.J.O. in the works... lmao.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

_JNavs_ wrote:There's a C.U.J.O. in the works... lmao.
Hurrah then expect to see an CGI dog rather then a real one showing such lazy effort!
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed May 29, 2019 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Hurrah then expect to see an CGI dog rather then a real one showing such lazy effort!
If they change the Saint Bernard into some other dog I don't even want it.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

_JNavs_ wrote:If they change the Saint Bernard into some other dog I don't even want it.
LMAO I actually wouldn't be surprised if they did that in order to make said dog more fierce and scary to say like a rottweiler or pitbull. Sounds like something they would do. :lol:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:If they change the Saint Bernard into some other dog I don't even want it.
LMAO I actually wouldn't be surprised if they did that in order to make said dog more fierce and scary to say like a rottweiler or pitbull. Sounds like something they would do. :lol:
I think there's even a synopsis out there

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Who, exactly, is being "lazy" there? The production crew, who have to shoot every set-up multiple times in order to provide the compositing team with all the elements they need? The CG character designers, modelers, animators, and compositors?

Know what's less likely to happen with a CG dog? Actually injuring an animal on set.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

eabaker wrote:Know what's less likely to happen with a CG dog? Actually injuring an animal on set.
Damn. That's actually a fair point there. I apparently overlooked that factor.

Then again though there's been plenty of movies starring dogs that didn't get hurt no? The original Cujo for one I recall hasn't but again your point still stands out on the less likelihood of an injury not occurring for them so you still stand correct.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed May 29, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I don't think you understand how hard it is to film with a live trained animal.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I don't think an entire film should be done with a live dog. We've come far enough to where the brutal scenes can be almost perfectly substituted with a mix of practical and CGI effects.

It's what I hoped would've happened with Gage in Sematary, but alas...