Unpopular Opinion Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post by KaijuCanuck »

eabaker wrote:
Zarm wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:OT: Star Trek Generations and Star Trek Nemesis... are good movies.
You... are a monster. :)
BURN THE WITCH!!!
Okay, but Insurrection is garbage, and First Contact is the best TNG movie. I’m mainstream on those at least, and on all the TOS movies - please, I hate fire!!!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Zarm wrote:
You... are a monster. :)
BURN THE WITCH!!!
Okay, but Insurrection is garbage, and First Contact is the best TNG movie. I’m mainstream on those at least, and on all the TOS movies - please, I hate fire!!!
I wonder if there's anyone in the world who doesn't think First Contact is the best TNG movie.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

eabaker wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
eabaker wrote:
BURN THE WITCH!!!
I wonder if there's anyone in the world who doesn't think First Contact is the best TNG movie.
Me! I don't!
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Maritonic wrote:
eabaker wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
Me! I don't!
Really? What do you think is the best TNG movie?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Maritonic wrote:
eabaker wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
Me! I don't!
Reinforcements, hooray! Let me guess - you also like Nemesis?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Generations.

Then again I really dislike TNG so I'm not the best judge.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Maritonic wrote:Generations.

Then again I really dislike TNG so I'm not the best judge.
He likes Generations... but he really dislikes TNG...

...you need all the help you can get, KC, they’re going to burn you...

I’ll take it!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Why Generations? I mean, I agree that I'd take it over Nemesis, it was my first Trek film in the theater, indirectly led me to TMP, and we're probably (coincidentally) watching it tonight...

But why that one, in particular?
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I find Star Trek................

BORING!!!!

*strips naked* Come on Motha fuckers ...you wanna go, come on break out the coconut oil lets settle this with greek wrestling.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

KaijuCanuck wrote: Star Trek Generations and Star Trek Nemesis... are good movies.
Generations, yes. Nemesis on the other hand.....

I don't know because I haven't seen it yet.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

i actually like the Mega Shark movies, there big guilty pleasure's.

..... i'm dead aren't i?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

tyrantgoji wrote:i actually like the Mega Shark movies, there big guilty pleasure's.

..... i'm dead aren't i?
Hey man I'm a sucker for SyFy originals for being so bad they're good. I take great pleasure in the Sharknado movies.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:i actually like the Mega Shark movies, there big guilty pleasure's.

..... i'm dead aren't i?
Hey man I'm a sucker for SyFy originals for being so bad they're good. I take great pleasure in the Sharknado movies.
i take huge relief in the fact i'm not the only one! :huge:
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Aquaman I honestly thought suck. Where this praise the movie is getting I do not know but I knew after the trainwreck that was Justice there was no more hope for the DCEU. At this rate Shazam sure ain't getting my money.

Wonder Woman as it still stands is the best DCEU movie and only one that exists in my head as its own standalone film and even then I think that movie is okay at best.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Zarm wrote:Why Generations? I mean, I agree that I'd take it over Nemesis, it was my first Trek film in the theater, indirectly led me to TMP, and we're probably (coincidentally) watching it tonight...

But why that one, in particular?
Oh hey just seeing this.

Because I mean. I really, really, R E A L LY don't like TNG. And I adore everything about the original series and it's characters. So naturally my favorite TNG films would be the one that includes the characters that I adore.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's perfect. But I really didn't like any of the other TNG films. Something about that cast, I really don't know man. It's like drinking sour milk for me. It just doesn't sit well.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

The best character in Pirates of the Caribbean is Commodore Norington. Just a regular dude, perhaps a little uptight, trying to do his job and be an honourable man.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

KaijuCanuck wrote:The best character in Pirates of the Caribbean is Commodore Norington. Just a regular dude, perhaps a little uptight, trying to do his job and be an honourable man.
Darn right. And he gets screwed over in so many ways; it's quite sad. But at least he gets a good end, in filmic terms. (Even if it ain't that great for him.)

I used to figure I was likely to be him, in the end; I'm glad that I managed to get the girl, after all.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I actually liked RoboCop 3. Definitely not as good as the other two but to me it was at most a timewaster.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

King Kong Lives is the best kaiju fil-sorry, I thought this was the popular opinion thread! :lol:
Last edited by KingKong2005 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

KingKong2005 wrote:King Kong Lives is the best kaiju fil-sorry, I thought this was the popular opinion thread! :lol:
Don't feel bad man. King Kong Lives is a guilty pleasure of mine. Lots of silly dumb fun is what I'd describe that movie plus its got an unique premise taking the What-If scenario of if King Kong survived his fall from the tower.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.