What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by eabaker »

This was actually Friday. As I was walking from work to my car, I passed a yard where a bunch of kids were playing. I heard one yell, "Okay, now I'm Godzilla! I'm Godzilla!" Then another kid just shouted, "MOTHRA!"

Truly heartwarming.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Realizing that, now that it's screened at the 48 Hour Film festival, I can post our entry for this year! Please enjoy Sonic - written, shot and edited in under 48 hours:

https://vimeo.com/283360644

But, seriously, Vimeo embeds still aren't working on TK? What's the deal?
Last edited by eabaker on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

A new and improved copy of the current 'G-Fan' issue arrived today. The previous one I got had a couple of pages half inked out, and as an apology for that, J.D. Lees included a poster featuring a still of Gamera and the ship from 'Gamera vs. Viras' in the new copy.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Moving to Vancouver today. Been getting ready for the last two months or so and it’s been a little hectic, but today it’s nothing but me, the highway, music and the scenery. 8-)

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Moving to Vancouver today. Been getting ready for the last two months or so and it’s been a little hectic, but today it’s nothing but me, the highway, music and the scenery. 8-)
Congrats my man!!!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Moving to Vancouver today. Been getting ready for the last two months or so and it’s been a little hectic, but today it’s nothing but me, the highway, music and the scenery. 8-)
Drive safe!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Thanks guys! I made it to Kamloops today and I’m staying the night in an Airbnb, which is saving me a ton of money over a motel (and also I feel will be safer with my car, which is currently loaded up with my entire life). Arriving in Vancouver tomorrow! Drive was great, except for the forest fire smoke.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Venom trailer got under my mom's skin.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Kamloops
You just made that up.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

eabaker wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:Kamloops
You just made that up.
:lol: It’s a city of 90,000 people, just north of the city of Kelowna, which is in the Okanagan Valley, also home to the resort town of Penticton and the mythical Ogopogo.

These are all real things. Except Ogopogo... probably.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Encountered this comment on Av Club, re: the difference between Honest Trailers and Cinema Sins:
Honest Trailers are lighthearted takedowns of popular films in trailer form that rely heavily on awareness of common tropes and pop-culture trivia. Your mileage may vary on whether they make you laugh or not.

CinemaSins are vidoes made by painfully unfunny cretins who have no understanding of film, narrative convention, why people watch movies, humour, or the concept of joy.

Hope this helps!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

eabaker wrote:Encountered this comment on Av Club, re: the difference between Honest Trailers and Cinema Sins:
Honest Trailers are lighthearted takedowns of popular films in trailer form that rely heavily on awareness of common tropes and pop-culture trivia. Your mileage may vary on whether they make you laugh or not.

CinemaSins are vidoes made by painfully unfunny cretins who have no understanding of film, narrative convention, why people watch movies, humour, or the concept of joy.

Hope this helps!
Spot. On.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

PHRHD
Samurai

Post by PHRHD »

Finished pretty much all my work for the day... 30 minutes in to my 9-hour day. On top of that, it's a 3-day weekend, as I'm driving my wife out to California for some wedding responsibilities she has with a friend of hers. That basically means I get to traverse to Little Tokyo and Robot-4-Less, and eat Jack in the Box all weekend.
Check out my Godzilla Fan Forum! Click the Banner Below! :D

Win a NECA Shin Godzilla Action Figure on Monarch Sciences!

Resized Image

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

PHRHD wrote:Finished pretty much all my work for the day... 30 minutes in to my 9-hour day. On top of that, it's a 3-day weekend, as I'm driving my wife out to California for some wedding responsibilities she has with a friend of hers. That basically means I get to traverse to Little Tokyo and Robot-4-Less, and eat Jack in the Box all weekend.
I'll wave if I see you!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Gonna be gone until Sunday tomorrow seeing my mom in Niagara Falls.

PHRHD
Samurai

Post by PHRHD »

eabaker wrote:
PHRHD wrote:Finished pretty much all my work for the day... 30 minutes in to my 9-hour day. On top of that, it's a 3-day weekend, as I'm driving my wife out to California for some wedding responsibilities she has with a friend of hers. That basically means I get to traverse to Little Tokyo and Robot-4-Less, and eat Jack in the Box all weekend.
I'll wave if I see you!
Yeah! Whereabouts in LA are you? I used to live there, while I went to school. Lived on the corner of Wilshire and Vermont in Koreatown. :D

Resized Image

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

PHRHD wrote:
eabaker wrote:
I'll wave if I see you!
Yeah! Whereabouts in LA are you? I used to live there, while I went to school. Lived on the corner of Wilshire and Vermont in Koreatown. :D
I live in Sherman Oaks, but I work fairly near K-town - just off of Venice and Hoover.

PHRHD
Samurai

Post by PHRHD »

eabaker wrote:
PHRHD wrote:
eabaker wrote:
I'll wave if I see you!
I live in Sherman Oaks, but I work fairly near K-town - just off of Venice and Hoover.
Oh ok, cool! We shall surely wave if we see each other. :P

Resized Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I miss Jack-in-the-Box (having moved to the east coast)...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Post by MrGoji1999 »

Man, after watching that, it made me wish Samuel L. Jackson was the voice of Venom in this film. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by MrGoji1999 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.