What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by MandaSaurus »

I attended a Trivia Contest at my local HEB Supermarket's BBQ Restaurant last night. The subject was Star Wars. I didn't just win, I CRUSHED the competition. My final score was 34, the nearest runner-up had 18. At the half-way break, the Rogue Brewery guy( they co-sponsored the event )bought beers for the 3 leading groups, so my wife and I had Rogue Dead Guy Bock and Batsquatch Pale Ale. Both are excellent. Won a $30 HEB gift card, a couple of Batsquatch T-Shirts, a couple of Dead Guy shot glasses, pair of Dead Guy socks, and "Winner's Certificates" courtesy of HEB & Rogue Brewery. My wife( wisely )let me answer all the questions. :huge:

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Tried a caijun restaurant that's literally 2 miles from me, and it was incredible. Absolutely fantastically delicious. I had a pirogue poboy with fried shrimp, topped with a thick etouffee sauce, then I got a small bowl of shrimp etouffee at the side. It really brought me to like a euphoric food high. Boosted my low morale for sure.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

I volunteered all day! Fed the homeless for one of my places' Thanksgiving Potluck things. Got some food for myself too. Lots of compliments on my dress, great day. I haven't worked that hard in a long time and it feels really nice to come home exhausted.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I got to second base with my girlfriend. And grinded my pokemon team all the way up to the mid 40s!
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Found irrefutable proof that a piece of my childhood I wasn't 100% sure even existed was very much real. Nobody else in my family seemed to remember it but me. Now I can rest knowing I hadn't dreamed it.

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

AVClub ran a piece on a movie I was post-production supervisor for!

https://film.avclub.com/director-mark-l ... 1839949620
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Just Plain Dan
G-Force Personnel

Post by Just Plain Dan »

Got a photo with and autograph from Tsutomu Kitagawa; not every day I can say that I met Godzilla lol

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Just Plain Dan wrote:Got a photo with and autograph from Tsutomu Kitagawa; not every day I can say that I met Godzilla lol
*Jealousy intesifies*

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Just Plain Dan wrote:Got a photo with and autograph from Tsutomu Kitagawa; not every day I can say that I met Godzilla lol
Nice, If you don’t mind me asking, where was this at?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

My fan film stop motion I completed earlier this year, for some reason, has been picked for a festival viewing for this event in Europe.
https://www.theoverkill.nl/films/godzil ... emix-2019/

And it seems legit to add after looking them up:
https://www.theoverkill.nl/program/
https://m.facebook.com/TheOverkillFesti ... l&mt_nav=0

So yeah, that has given me some unexpected joy. Pretty chuffed.

Just Plain Dan
G-Force Personnel

Post by Just Plain Dan »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Nice, If you don’t mind me asking, where was this at?
It was @ Galaxy Con, a convention here in Louisville

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I got to second base with my girlfriend. And grinded my pokemon team all the way up to the mid 40s!
Bruh, don't brag about that kind of thing online. It's meaningless to us and is a private thing between you and the gyms you're gonna sweep.

(Seriously though, please don't broadcast like that maybe? What if your girlfriend read that here?)

Anyway, I have a date on the 3rd. Been chatting with a guy from Grindr who has really good energy to him. Did not expect any dates from that site, have mostly just been trolling chasers.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Fish Cakes wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I got to second base with my girlfriend. And grinded my pokemon team all the way up to the mid 40s!
Bruh, don't brag about that kind of thing online. It's meaningless to us and is a private thing between you and the gyms you're gonna sweep.

(Seriously though, please don't broadcast like that maybe? What if your girlfriend read that here?)

Anyway, I have a date on the 3rd. Been chatting with a guy from Grindr who has really good energy to him. Did not expect any dates from that site, have mostly just been trolling chasers.
She'd be fine with it lol. She openly discusses me on her discord channel and pinterest. When sparks fly, i want to vent. Even if it's to a bunch of strangers online.

Congrats on your date. That's awesome!
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Congrats brosky!
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:She'd be fine with it lol. She openly discusses me on her discord channel and pinterest. When sparks fly, i want to vent. Even if it's to a bunch of strangers online.

Awww, that's hella cute! I'm so happy for you both! ^_^

Thanks, you've always been really kind to me here, even when I'm not being the most well-behaved member. I appreciate that for real.
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Fish Cakes wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:She'd be fine with it lol. She openly discusses me on her discord channel and pinterest. When sparks fly, i want to vent. Even if it's to a bunch of strangers online.

Awww, that's hella cute! I'm so happy for you both! ^_^

Thanks, you've always been really kind to me here, even when I'm not being the most well-behaved member. I appreciate that for real.
Hey, don't sweat it. We're friends. If you want to talk about kindness, you reached out during a very dark point in my life and had a positive real life impact.

I'm psyched for you on the 2nd tho! Really hoping that positive energy translates exactly the same face to face. Kind of funny to actually meet someone when you're trolling on an app :P

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Fish Cakes wrote:

Yeah it’s absolutely sickening to brag about grinding your Pokémon up to their mid 40’s.

Going on a date with a girl for the third time to Shoenskyo on Wednesday.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

After my two month requested ban. I have come back and hopefully better.

All I can say is despite my setbacks notably being repetitive and being a noob at times that hopefully this time I can start over with all of you. Reset button, forget about yesterday and move onto tomorrow.

I have nothing to prove to be better just try to be myself nothing more.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:After my two month requested ban. I have come back and hopefully better.

All I can say is despite my setbacks notably being repetitive and being a noob at times that hopefully this time I can start over with all of you. Reset butter, forget about yesterday and move onto tomorrow.

I have nothing to prove to be better just try to be myself nothing more.
Welcome back....... has it been two months already?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Can you reset butter? Seems unhealthy. I mean, once the stuff expires, that really should just be the end of it...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio