What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Godzilla Night just ended, I have a lot of very interesting stories to share over the next few days. The crazy thing is that it’s 5:30 am japan time, and tomorrow at 10 another large Godzilla event will begin at Hibya square. I don’t have a clue what I’m going to do, but I’m gonna try to go to the next Godzilla event and stay awake as long as I can. I just need to find a place to charge my phone and internet.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Halloween was lame for me because I’m no longer in nyc and there’s no crazy parties.

Anyways, GFes is today and tomorrow. Tonight there’s going to be three Godzilla films playing, one of them including GMK. The director of GMK and some actors will be there. Tomorrow, at the Godzilla store, there’s going to be a bunch of special Godzilla merch for sale, include a red eyes “retro” variant of G54, and some other neat stuff.
Oh. I thought you meant your GF's for a sec. I didnt G-Fest was going on. Thought that was in summer time. Weird...

Think there will be any girls there?
It’s not an American g festival. It’s a different thing all entirely. There’s cute girls all over Tokyo ;)

In all seriousness, I do want to meet some Japanese Godzilla fans and have fun tonight. This is my big chance. I also intend if possible, to record some stuff, and try to talk to some of the directors and actors, or at the very least get photos.

HOLY poop THIS IS CRAZY

Like absolutely packed, and the director was right there.

Holy poop I’m gonna get to take a photo with Shunsuke Kaneko and poop.

Can confirm female Godzilla otakus exist. They carry around cute plushes.

Holy crap got this cool Destroyah thing.

There’s also heavy Gabara push.

Oh my god I’m gonna have so much poop to brag about tomorrow.

I have some great figures I won in a lottery, and the interview with Kaneko was awesome.

I now am a proud owner of a Godzilla Memorial Plaque, An ANEB figure, and two of the broken statues from GMK. I also got some great photos of some cosplayers, and everything is awesome.

Seeing GMK on a big screen, with no subtitles, was fantastic. That film is easily up there in my books with 54 and Shin.
I want to do a big write up about this for the main site.

I just got an awesome photo with the guy who plays M11. He’s awesome and now a big inspiration.

Mothra 3 time baby. Nothing cooler then watching Mothra 3 with a theater full of adults at 12:40 am :)
I need to go to Japan and court one of those otakus. What i would give to have a SO who likes Godzilla
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote: Oh. I thought you meant your GF's for a sec. I didnt G-Fest was going on. Thought that was in summer time. Weird...

Think there will be any girls there?
It’s not an American g festival. It’s a different thing all entirely. There’s cute girls all over Tokyo ;)

In all seriousness, I do want to meet some Japanese Godzilla fans and have fun tonight. This is my big chance. I also intend if possible, to record some stuff, and try to talk to some of the directors and actors, or at the very least get photos.

HOLY poop THIS IS CRAZY

Like absolutely packed, and the director was right there.

Holy poop I’m gonna get to take a photo with Shunsuke Kaneko and poop.

Can confirm female Godzilla otakus exist. They carry around cute plushes.

Holy crap got this cool Destroyah thing.

There’s also heavy Gabara push.

Oh my god I’m gonna have so much poop to brag about tomorrow.

I have some great figures I won in a lottery, and the interview with Kaneko was awesome.

I now am a proud owner of a Godzilla Memorial Plaque, An ANEB figure, and two of the broken statues from GMK. I also got some great photos of some cosplayers, and everything is awesome.

Seeing GMK on a big screen, with no subtitles, was fantastic. That film is easily up there in my books with 54 and Shin.
I want to do a big write up about this for the main site.

I just got an awesome photo with the guy who plays M11. He’s awesome and now a big inspiration.

Mothra 3 time baby. Nothing cooler then watching Mothra 3 with a theater full of adults at 12:40 am :)
I need to go to Japan and court one of those otakus. What i would give to have a SO who likes Godzilla
A lot of them were with their boyfriends. To be honest, it felt like s lot of couples were doing it as a date. And like, I hate to disappoint, but the majority of the fandom was older people, though there were a bunch of young Japanese men. I didn’t want to annoy anyone or bug anyone that was just there to have a good time.

Anyways, I’m at a cafe charging my phone. Round two will begin tomorrow 10:00-17:00, although to be brutally honest I’m not sure how much I can take. There’s going to be some big opening ceremony, with Akira Takarada and some other big Godzilla actors. Around 3 there’s gonna be a Chibi Godzilla stage show. I wonder if I can take one for the team, and get all this filmed and show everyone. I might honestly get too tired.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

^Ha, weebs.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Fish Cakes wrote:^Ha, weebs.
Says the person with an anime avatar :lol:

Damn, it’s only 7am. Three more hours till the next event and stuff begins. I can hold out, but I already know how much of pure hell this will be.

2 more hours, at least in about an hour I can get on the train to Hibya. I got some nice photos of ikeburo in the early morning before it gets crazy with people. Crazy how many people are up and about on a Sunday morning though.

I met a really cool couple, older one, Noucha and her boyfriend, didn’t catch his name. Their favorite Godzilla monster after Godzilla is Gigan. I had a really good talk about their favorite movies, and apparently they really liked G14. They were talking about how they really admired Gareth edwards, and also saw clear influence from Banno(apparently they met Banno a long time ago).

Anyways I’m off to Hibya. I can finally take a statue with that nice big Shin statue.

In line for the Special edition Godzilla figures.

Younger people here, lots of kids as well. I’m assuming it’s necause it’s not for an all night rxillanmarathon.

9:22 update: All the casual fans out here :P
I’m joking, but it’s a nice change of pace compared to last nights crowd.

10:10: waiting in line. Tfw when the 8 year old in front of you is watching Godzilla Raids again on his smartphone. There is hope for the future. Also met a really awesome dad and his son. The kid loves Shin Gojira and his dad is putting up with his newfound obsession.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

An eight year old watching GRA... that just about brings a tear to my eye. This kid must be dedicated.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

JAGzilla wrote:An eight year old watching GRA... that just about brings a tear to my eye. This kid must be dedicated.
No it’s just japan where the Godzilla fans are crazy.
Jesus Christ the Godzilla otakus are insane. Literally people carrying around Mothra figures and doing flash mobs of Godzilla figures!

Everyone is carrying around super rare vinyls, placing them down on the street, and forming like gigantic hordes of Godzilla figures, I’m not kidding.

Added in 31 minutes 31 seconds:
I have been up for 36 hours, I want to die.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I stayed up long enough to be the first one here to wish Godzilla a happy birthday! :huge:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

tyrantgoji wrote:I stayed up long enough to be the first one here to wish Godzilla a happy birthday! :huge:
I hate to break it to you mate but I was in a theater filled with Godzilla fans, the cast and director of GMK when we all wished Godzilla a happy birthday in japan time.
Also legit this is scary, large Godzilla crowds forming cause of figures. Legit one person placed a Godzilla figure on the floor and a massive flashmob of Godzilla figures forms.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:I stayed up long enough to be the first one here to wish Godzilla a happy birthday! :huge:
I hate to break it to you mate but I was in a theater filled with Godzilla fans, the cast and director of GMK when we all wished Godzilla a happy birthday in japan time.
Also legit this is scary, large Godzilla crowds forming cause of figures. Legit one person placed a Godzilla figure on the floor and a massive flashmob of Godzilla figures forms.
Yeah,but i was up here in the States,you can't take that away from me! :P

Also,Jesus Christ did you walk into some kinda cult! :shock:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

also there’s some weird ongoing shin event, that seems like an AR. game over the next few months. They were giving out fake newspapers talking about Shin. There’s also some crossover with Godzilla and some big tit anime cellphone game I think.

Added in 16 minutes 56 seconds:
Also there’s a short film with kamatakun being found alone by a girl in Tokyo and her raising it
I’m gonna record it

Added in 2 minutes 48 seconds:
For lunch I’m gonna get an Angurius highball and this good inspired by Ebirah

Added in 44 minutes 4 seconds:
I opened a Pandora’s box I wish I could close

Added in 13 minutes 8 seconds:
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:also there’s some weird ongoing shin event, that seems like an AR. game over the next few months. They were giving out fake newspapers talking about Shin. There’s also some crossover with Godzilla and some big tit anime cellphone game I think.

Added in 16 minutes 56 seconds:
Also there’s a short film with kamatakun being found alone by a girl in Tokyo and her raising it
I’m gonna record it

Added in 2 minutes 48 seconds:
For lunch I’m gonna get an Angurius highball and this good inspired by Ebirah

Added in 44 minutes 4 seconds:

Added in 13 minutes 8 seconds:
So uh..what happened with this box?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

It’s breaking into the Japanese fanbase and wanting out lol. Western fanbase welcome me back please.

Anyways it’s going to start raining and I’m really tired.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:It’s breaking into the Japanese fanbase and wanting out lol. Western fanbase welcome me back please.
..Sir your not telling us the problem.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

tyrantgoji wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:It’s breaking into the Japanese fanbase and wanting out lol. Western fanbase welcome me back please.
..Sir your not telling us the problem.
Overall I had a fantastic weekend, I intend to elaborate on it. All jokes aside, everything was pretty awesome and I met a bunch of cool people. The Japanese fandom is...interesting. There’s a lot of stuff they do, like take off tags and put figures on the floor, that would drive a lot of western fans nuts. I’m just mentally exhausted because I’ve been up for almost 48 hours and I’m waiting for a train home. That’s partially why I’ve been rambling for the past few posts

I just also feel exhausted because I had the best Godzilla weekend a fan could have, and it makes me question what more there is to be excited about beyond the new films. I kinda just did something that I always dreamed of. I suppose the only thing now is to just get my japsnrsengood enough so I can translate more.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:crossover with Godzilla and some big tit anime cellphone game I think.
Finally, Godzilla and big anime tiddies can join forces like those cultural titans should. Proud of Japan.

Also, tell me more. With pics preferably.
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Fish Cakes wrote:Finally, Godzilla and big anime tiddies can join forces like those cultural titans should. Proud of Japan.

Ask and you shall receive: https://symphogear.bushimo.jp/nonstop

Art style's nice.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GigaBowserG wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:Finally, Godzilla and big anime tiddies can join forces like those cultural titans should. Proud of Japan.

Ask and you shall receive: https://symphogear.bushimo.jp/nonstop

Art style's nice.
Yeah that’s it. It was funny because I never heard it prior, and suddenly I heard a ton of screaming in excitement from everyone around me.

Anyways, here’s some lower quality photos, that sort of show the weirdness of everything that was going on yesterday:

Legit Some people were carrying around massive bags full of modified figures. If someone started putting them down everyone followed. I saw actually a custom Muto Prime figure that was really impressive.

This is to promote food:

I have some really nice photos of M11 and all the all night film stuff. I’m finally back at my apartment and I’ll write up something really cohesive tomorrow or the day after. Honestly I had a fantastic time, but it was a bit overwhelming. There’s also some stuff I didn’t mention at all.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

The Daikaiju genre and Godzilla are 65 today. I guess that's something.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

There are Godzilla Kaiju Girls now. It begins.