What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
User avatar
Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent
Posts: 593
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:28 am
Location: Vague SF Bay Area

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby Fish Cakes » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:56 pm

Just made use of the blocking feature on this site for the first time. Supporting forced pregnancy is skreeonking disgusting.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10270
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby Living Corpse » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:21 pm

JAGzilla wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Me: Watched the Cinema Snob review a movie where a guy kidnaps 3 women who were gonna have an abortion and holds them captive for months till they give birth.

Mom: Well that isn't so bad. I can understand the reason.

I'm not posting this here cause it got on my nerves. Her reaction gave me the creeps, and I can't find the what scared the skreeonk out of you topic.


Well... messed up though his method may have been, the guy ultimately saved three lives. He did a bad thing for a good reason, you know? I lean toward the pro-choice side of the debate and I can't even fault this too much.


That's like one step away from raping women and holding them captive till they give birth to babies conceived by rape.
Image

User avatar
NSZ
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4349
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:30 pm
Location: Remnant

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby NSZ » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:44 pm

I didn't think it was possible for pro-lifers to make themselves come off as extremely creepy and untrustworthy. Lo and behold, I'm proven wrong.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."
Image

User avatar
eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11249
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby eabaker » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:42 pm

NSZ wrote:I didn't think it was possible for pro-lifers to make themselves come off as extremely creepy and untrustworthy. Lo and behold, I'm proven wrong.


A lot of pro-lifers come off as extremely creepy and untrustworthy.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6545
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:49 pm

Holy poop.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5599
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:56 pm

I think if a woman wants to get an abortion due to unfortunate circumstances she should be free to.

However I also think the man has a say in the matter since its his kid/creation as well. (Assuming it's not one of those creepy rape/forced cases)
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
M.U.T.O.
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3570
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Fighting Godzilla in the GeoFront
Contact:

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby M.U.T.O. » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:00 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:I think if a woman wants to get an abortion due to unfortunate circumstances she should be free to.

However I also think the man has a say in the matter since its his kid/creation as well. (Assuming he wants em)

"Assuming the man is present, or is decidedly not a rapist", I take it, were the words left out there.
Last edited by M.U.T.O. on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Artist. Writer. Creator.

KaijuX wrote:Bagan is infused with Bagan and Ghidorah Cells

Derzerb wrote:
M.U.T.O. wrote:At this point, I have to ask. Have we devolved into absolute unbridled psychological diarrhea?

I blame Shinji Ikari for this.

Tokumei wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5599
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:01 pm

M.U.T.O. wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I think if a woman wants to get an abortion due to unfortunate circumstances she should be free to.

However I also think the man has a say in the matter since its his kid/creation as well. (Assuming he wants em)

Assuming the man is present, or is decidedly not a rapist, of course.

Yeah definitely, re-edited my post.

As long as the dude isn't some rapist or something.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan
Posts: 5842
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:43 am
Location: AWACS Long Caster
Contact:

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:11 pm

NSZ wrote:I didn't think it was possible for pro-lifers to make themselves come off as extremely creepy and untrustworthy.

I did.
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.


#Pro-Choice

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2392
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:14 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:I think if a woman wants to get an abortion due to unfortunate circumstances she should be free to.

However I also think the man has a say in the matter since its his kid/creation as well. (Assuming it's not one of those creepy rape/forced cases)


This is true,both parents should have a say in the matter in something like this (unless like you said it was rape),but by kidnapping them? That's still pretty messed up.

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5599
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:22 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I think if a woman wants to get an abortion due to unfortunate circumstances she should be free to.

However I also think the man has a say in the matter since its his kid/creation as well. (Assuming it's not one of those creepy rape/forced cases)


This is true,both parents should have a say in the matter in something like this (unless like you said it was rape),but by kidnapping them? That's still pretty messed up.

Definitely, both parents should decide.

The kidnap part is definitely a crime though lol, not touching that one.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6545
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:55 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I think if a woman wants to get an abortion due to unfortunate circumstances she should be free to.

However I also think the man has a say in the matter since its his kid/creation as well. (Assuming it's not one of those creepy rape/forced cases)


This is true,both parents should have a say in the matter in something like this (unless like you said it was rape),but by kidnapping them? That's still pretty messed up.

Definitely, both parents should decide.

But the woman is the one whose body is effected and giving birth.

I don't get why anyone in this hypothetical scenario would even want to have a child with a woman that clearly doesn't want to have a baby. Like if I ever have a child, of course it would be with someone that feels the same and wants to be a parent. It's crazy that this is an actual argument.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5599
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:26 pm

Meh, not really an argument, just a discussion.

It's the womans body yes. But it's the man who gets her pregnant, therefore he deserves some say in the matter. (Once again not condoning the forced stuff, just regular everyday couples). It's also their responsibility before hand to decide how they're going to approach that next step. If they use protection, then neither of them want kids, but if they mess around without it? They end up playing Russian Roulette and are forced into these kinds of discussions.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2392
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:30 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
This is true,both parents should have a say in the matter in something like this (unless like you said it was rape),but by kidnapping them? That's still pretty messed up.

Definitely, both parents should decide.

But the woman is the one whose body is effected and giving birth.

I don't get why anyone in this hypothetical scenario would even want to have a child with a woman that clearly doesn't want to have a baby. Like if I ever have a child, of course it would be with someone that feels the same and wants to be a parent. It's crazy that this is an actual argument.


I..don't remember this part coming up. Who wants to have a child with a woman who doesn't want any? I don't!

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6545
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:35 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Definitely, both parents should decide.

But the woman is the one whose body is effected and giving birth.

I don't get why anyone in this hypothetical scenario would even want to have a child with a woman that clearly doesn't want to have a baby. Like if I ever have a child, of course it would be with someone that feels the same and wants to be a parent. It's crazy that this is an actual argument.


I..don't remember this part coming up. Who wants to have a child with a woman who doesn't want any? I don't!

The point I'm trying to make, is that many people make anti-abortion arguments based on the framework of what the guy wants in that scenario. I'm pointing out that the majority of people, including general people who are anti-abortion, would agree with my sentiment. In other words, people are arguing hypothetically for a scenario that rarely does not exist, and is still insanely creepy and wrong should it.

If people have moral obligations against abortions, and think it's life, that's fine, for themselves, and I respect that reasoning. However, we also don't apply a blanket statement and make laws based on what some people may believe.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
JAGzilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 6901
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby JAGzilla » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:37 pm

Am I the one Fish Cakes blocked? Just like that, no debate, zero to sixty in no time flat? Over a fictional scenario? I could just as easily scream that slaughtering babies is skreeonking disgusting and block her.

And Living Corpse... back up and read what you said. Jesus. I haven't seen the movie in question so I don't know exactly how the initial story played out, but it seems like there is a BIG goddamn step in between those, and either way the LIVES OF BABIES are on the table here. It isn't 100% about the mothers, and don't forget that. Again, this is coming from someone who is pro-choice.

User avatar
NSZ
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4349
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:30 pm
Location: Remnant

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby NSZ » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:39 pm

Holy skreeonk dude, put the shovel down and stop digging yourself deeper.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."
Image

User avatar
M.U.T.O.
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3570
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:13 pm
Location: Fighting Godzilla in the GeoFront
Contact:

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby M.U.T.O. » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:46 pm

JAGzilla wrote:the LIVES OF BABIES are on the table here. It isn't 100% about the mothers, and don't forget that.

Sure, disregard that the mother was kidnapped and forced to give birth against her will. Are women just fetus incubators, or are they also people whose opinions and wants and needs matter too -- like the babies you claim to defend? You're really not helping your case. Sorry, man.
Last edited by M.U.T.O. on Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artist. Writer. Creator.

KaijuX wrote:Bagan is infused with Bagan and Ghidorah Cells

Derzerb wrote:
M.U.T.O. wrote:At this point, I have to ask. Have we devolved into absolute unbridled psychological diarrhea?

I blame Shinji Ikari for this.

Tokumei wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:

User avatar
Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 5160
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: Hope I'm not interrupting!
Contact:

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:50 pm

Okay, let's stop this discussion right here and now. This is definitely NOT the place to erupt into this kind of argument, so I will ask ONLY ONCE that we move on and leave this be. Otherwise, warnings will be handed out. Take this to the PM's, please. PLEASE.
You dare try to challenge me? Then we shall see how you fare against a true Archangel!

Image

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.


GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

User avatar
Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent
Posts: 593
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:28 am
Location: Vague SF Bay Area

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby Fish Cakes » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:27 am

Halloween is only once a year. :c
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: master_of_monsters and 9 guests