What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
User avatar
goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby goji89 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:50 pm

G2000 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Used to have a very redneck family living next to me who would let their garbage pile up on the fence we share.

Image
Didn't realize this was you and your dad


Bravo! Bravo!........ :lol:

I mean.......5 stars.
Image
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

User avatar
Fish Cakes
Interpol Agent
Posts: 593
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:28 am
Location: Vague SF Bay Area

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby Fish Cakes » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:53 pm

I'm a confrontational person I guess. But only in my head and online. Sorry I misjudged, GojiDog, and thanks for explaining. I misspoke I suppose.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

User avatar
Beast Blood
Samurai
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:21 pm
Location: The Great North
Contact:

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby Beast Blood » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:21 am

People that make zero effort to be a bit quieter when I'm trying to sleep at seven in the morning. Every single day off I have gets ruined because I can't rest or relax with 30909304930 people talking loudly just in front of my door.
Image

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2385
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby tyrantgoji » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:28 am

Beast Blood wrote:People that make zero effort to be a bit quieter when I'm trying to sleep at seven in the morning. Every single day off I have gets ruined because I can't rest or relax with 30909304930 people talking loudly just in front of my door.


Doesn't really bother me because i wake up at 5 to 6 in the morning everyday,even when i go to bed at 1 or so in the morning. Guess i'm just used to it.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10270
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:41 am

tyrantgoji wrote:
Beast Blood wrote:People that make zero effort to be a bit quieter when I'm trying to sleep at seven in the morning. Every single day off I have gets ruined because I can't rest or relax with 30909304930 people talking loudly just in front of my door.


Doesn't really bother me because i wake up at 5 to 6 in the morning everyday,even when i go to bed at 1 or so in the morning. Guess i'm just used to it.


Wait till you get older. Ugh.
Image

User avatar
eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11247
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby eabaker » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:18 am

Beast Blood wrote:People that make zero effort to be a bit quieter when I'm trying to sleep at seven in the morning. Every single day off I have gets ruined because I can't rest or relax with 30909304930 people talking loudly just in front of my door.


There's a pervasive attitude that people who go to sleep and wake up early must have their rest protected at all costs, for it is sacrosanct, and that people with any other sleep schedule are worthless and in fact should be tormented into conformity.
Last edited by eabaker on Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10270
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:24 am

eabaker wrote:
Beast Blood wrote:People that make zero effort to be a bit quieter when I'm trying to sleep at seven in the morning. Every single day off I have gets ruined because I can't rest or relax with 30909304930 people talking loudly just in front of my door.


There's a pervasive attitude that people who go to sleep and wake up early must have their rest protected at all costs, for it is sacrosanct, and that people with any other sleep schedule are worthless and in fact should be tormented into a conformity.


Dude what the actual skreeonk? He just said he needs his sleep to function at work.
Image

User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4758
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby G2000 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:47 am

Living Corpse wrote:Dude what the actual skreeonk? He just said he needs his sleep to function at work.


I think eabaker's actually agreeing with Beast Blood here, unless I'm misunderstanding something. He's basically lamenting that "regular" sleep schedules are treated as inviolable while someone who has to sleep odd hours (people who work swing or graveyard shifts, for instance) don't get the same respect
Last edited by G2000 on Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11247
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby eabaker » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:35 pm

Living Corpse wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Beast Blood wrote:People that make zero effort to be a bit quieter when I'm trying to sleep at seven in the morning. Every single day off I have gets ruined because I can't rest or relax with 30909304930 people talking loudly just in front of my door.


There's a pervasive attitude that people who go to sleep and wake up early must have their rest protected at all costs, for it is sacrosanct, and that people with any other sleep schedule are worthless and in fact should be tormented into conformity.


Dude what the actual skreeonk? He just said he needs his sleep to function at work.


And I said that people should let him get that sleep. That his need to sleep should be respected.

What the skreeonk are you snapping at me for?

Added in 46 seconds:
G2000 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Dude what the actual skreeonk? He just said he needs his sleep to function at work.


I think eabaker's actually agreeing with Beast Blood here, unless I'm misunderstanding something. He's basically lamenting that "regular" sleep schedules are treated as inviolable while someone who has to sleep odd hours (people who work swing or graveyard shifts, for instance) don't get the same respect


Thank you. :)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6545
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:05 pm

Sort of unrelated, but same general concept about conformity, but there was this period when I was in college where my only day off was Tuesday. I worked weekends and had classes on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday Friday. As a result, I’d go to some neighborhood bars, on Monday night. I found out some from people I was friends with in the area, that a lot of people were talking gossiping poop/judging me for going out drinking on Monday, as opposed to Friday or Saturday or some poop.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10270
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:04 am

eabaker wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
eabaker wrote:
There's a pervasive attitude that people who go to sleep and wake up early must have their rest protected at all costs, for it is sacrosanct, and that people with any other sleep schedule are worthless and in fact should be tormented into conformity.


Dude what the actual skreeonk? He just said he needs his sleep to function at work.


And I said that people should let him get that sleep. That his need to sleep should be respected.

What the skreeonk are you snapping at me for?


Ah, I misunderstood. Apologies.
Image

User avatar
Godzilla21
Keizer
Posts: 8111
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby Godzilla21 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:45 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Sort of unrelated, but same general concept about conformity, but there was this period when I was in college where my only day off was Tuesday. I worked weekends and had classes on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday Friday. As a result, I’d go to some neighborhood bars, on Monday night. I found out some from people I was friends with in the area, that a lot of people were talking gossiping poop/judging me for going out drinking on Monday, as opposed to Friday or Saturday or some poop.


Those are some weird friends. I'd never judge someone for drinking the only day they could based on their schedule
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11247
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby eabaker » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:33 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Sort of unrelated, but same general concept about conformity, but there was this period when I was in college where my only day off was Tuesday. I worked weekends and had classes on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday Friday. As a result, I’d go to some neighborhood bars, on Monday night. I found out some from people I was friends with in the area, that a lot of people were talking gossiping poop/judging me for going out drinking on Monday, as opposed to Friday or Saturday or some poop.


Ah, yes, because as we all know, drinking naturally evolved in humans based on our hard-wired impulse to become intoxicated specifically on days associated with Venus and Saturn. Drinking on a day named for the moon?! Clearly aberrant, perhaps even sociopathic behavior.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10270
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:36 pm

Me: Watched the Cinema Snob review a movie where a guy kidnaps 3 women who were gonna have an abortion and holds them captive for months till they give birth.

Mom: Well that isn't so bad. I can understand the reason.

I'm not posting this here cause it got on my nerves. Her reaction gave me the creeps, and I can't find the what scared the skreeonk out of you topic.
Image

User avatar
JAGzilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 6898
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby JAGzilla » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:39 am

Living Corpse wrote:Me: Watched the Cinema Snob review a movie where a guy kidnaps 3 women who were gonna have an abortion and holds them captive for months till they give birth.

Mom: Well that isn't so bad. I can understand the reason.

I'm not posting this here cause it got on my nerves. Her reaction gave me the creeps, and I can't find the what scared the skreeonk out of you topic.


Well... messed up though his method may have been, the guy ultimately saved three lives. He did a bad thing for a good reason, you know? I lean toward the pro-choice side of the debate and I can't even fault this too much.

User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4758
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby G2000 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:56 am

This can only end well
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5597
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:24 am

He essentially Rorschach'd 3 women.

You may hate him for it, and it may absolutely be terrible, but he did it for a greater good.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2385
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:50 am

JAGzilla wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Me: Watched the Cinema Snob review a movie where a guy kidnaps 3 women who were gonna have an abortion and holds them captive for months till they give birth.

Mom: Well that isn't so bad. I can understand the reason.

I'm not posting this here cause it got on my nerves. Her reaction gave me the creeps, and I can't find the what scared the skreeonk out of you topic.


Well... messed up though his method may have been, the guy ultimately saved three lives. He did a bad thing for a good reason, you know? I lean toward the pro-choice side of the debate and I can't even fault this too much.


I disagree with this so,so,so,so,so,so,so,so,so VERY much. Okay i get it though,i understand that you feel everyone should have a chance at life but..no. I don't understand that psycho's motivation. People should at least be able to understand that if someone they know is pregnant but can't take care of the baby,they can always abort it. It's terrible to think about an unborn infant being pretty much cut to bits but sometimes it just has to happen. Especially in more..um,messed up situations (rape,especially for the underaged). That man had no right to do what he did and should be thrown in jail and the mom is almost near psychopathic.

User avatar
eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11247
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby eabaker » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:06 am

G2000 wrote:This can only end well


I mean, at least it's diverting to try to figure out which commenters do and do not process that LC was posting about a fictional character.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2385
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:22 am

eabaker wrote:
G2000 wrote:This can only end well


I mean, at least it's diverting to try to figure out which commenters do and do not process that LC was posting about a fictional character.


Yeah well at least that's tru-HEY!


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests