What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Just watched a video calling out a reptile related channel on YouTube. I enjoy reptiles, but I've never kept them. I prefer mammals. I imagine some of you guys might have some snakes or lizards of your own or have in the past. But, the guy who made the video is a reptile keeper. He's calling out this other channel for some sadistic practices and attitudes and is upset about how it reflects on the community of reptile keepers and enthusiasts. Not just feeding the reptiles, but reveling in the killing of other animals. That kind of behavior is so fucking disgusting to me and watching the video and hearing about some of the shit relating to the creator of the channel really put me in a bad mood.

Here's a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiMb4GCvMuM

I'm curious to hear thoughts from anyone here who might have reptiles if you have the time to check out the video.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

That channel is absolutely vile. There's still so much stigma about reptile owners that even The Reptile Channel alone can do irreversible damage to to the reputation of any reptile keeper.

We have a common snapping turtle, which carries its own stigma, but we very rarely live-feed it. And even then, we don't enjoy the suffering of the animals in his tank. (To be fair, it's hard to suffer in the jaws of a snapping turtle if you're small enough to fit in his mouth.) But I digress.

I'm in a few turtle-keeping groups on Facebook, and every one of them has a rule about live-feeding: don't post it. Some turtles will only live-feed, like the mata-mata turtle, but the owners aren't insane sadists.

But yeah, some people are just sick. This makes me angry.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

The Reptile Channel's just a vore fetish channel struggling to present itself as something professional. I also heard that some of the reptiles that channel features are sick and suffering. It's all just disgusting.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

MorgansTShirt
Samurai

Post by MorgansTShirt »

Moved out of the house for a couple months and intend to move far away soon as I can. Dad still feels he can lecture me and demand things from me like I was his little child.

What I'm leading up to is I hate it when older people use their age as a badge to insist they're wiser and more knowledgeable than all young people. My dad says he likes to tell people "how the world really is." I tell him it's arrogant and narrow-minded for anyone to assume they know how the world "really" is. He counters in his usual I'm-an-adult-you're-a-naive-child tone and says "not really, because I've actually experienced things."

This same man claims, based on his experience, that all women are greedy thieves, all black people are naturally more animalistic than white people, and that white people are most likely the descendents of god-like aliens from another planet, and built the pyramids. Doesn't help his case that he verbally abuses his wife, my mom, and makes her cry whenever she asks him to just communicate with her, which he refuses to do because he says communication is a sissy girly thing.

Oh, and for two weeks he was obsessed with searching for a nameless stranger who briefly yelled at him on the road, and discussing how he intends to beat him to a bloody pulp, even saying, with all seriousness, that he might beat the guy to death.

If he is wise, if that is what true wisdom is, then I must be living in Wonderland.
Last edited by MorgansTShirt on Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:57 am, edited 6 times in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

MorgansTShirt wrote:Moved out of the house for a couple months and intend to move far away soon as I can. Dad still feels he can lecture me and demand things from me like I was his little child.

What I'm leading up to is I hate it when older people use their age as a badge to insist they're wiser and more knowledgeable than all young people. My dad says he likes to tell people "how the world really is." I tell him it's arrogant and narrow-minded for anyone to assume they know how the world "really" is. He counters in his usual I'm-an-adult-you're-a-naive-child tone and says "not really, because I've actually experienced things."

This same man claims, based on his experience, that all women are greedy thieves, all black people are naturally more animalistic than white people, and that white people are most likely the descendents of god-like aliens from another planet, and built the pyramids. Doesn't help his case that he verbally abuses his wife, my mom, and makes her cry whenever she asks him to just communicate with her, which he refuses to do because he says communication is a sissy girly thing.

Oh, and for two weeks he was obsessed with searching for a nameless stranger who briefly yelled at him on the road, and discussing how he intends to beat him to a bloody pulp, even saying, with all seriousness, that he might beat the guy to death.

If he is wise, if that is what true wisdom is, then I must be living in Wonderland.
This definitely goes beyond the realm of "gets on your nerves."
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

MorgansTShirt
Samurai

Post by MorgansTShirt »

So much, it does. During my high school years I was crying like a little sh it in my room because he was a demanding know-it-all, and I thought there was something horribly wrong with me for not being like him. And then, of course, he'd berate me for crying at all, and would only tell me to shut up during a period when I was contemplating suicide. I probably would have killed myself if I stayed in that house any longer than I did.

And what a hypocrite he was. I just remembered how throughout my childhood he kept telling me that age had nothing to do with wisdom. But now that I'm an adult beyond his control, he's telling me that he knows the world better than I do and that old people like him are all so much wiser and knowledgeable than petulant young people like me.

Fuck him. Fuck his guts. I don't care if I'm supposed to be a proper young man who's in perfect control of his emotions. Fuck him. My dad doesn't have any fucking control of his emotions anyway, except when a calm, snarky attitude gives him this higher ground when he makes other people cry or angry. This guy ruined his own vacation by spending an entire afternoon searching for a guy who made a passing comment to him, and then punched him in the face and ran away into the crowd. Then he told me this story like I was supposed to be so proud of my fucking punch-happy father, so proud that he punched a total stranger in the face!
Last edited by MorgansTShirt on Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

It's not my place to say anything regarding this, Morgan, but I personally believe you should just cut your father out from your life and perhaps even disown him. That sort of toxic, abusive behavior is not okay for anyone to deal with. I'm glad you're moving out, because you shouldn't have to deal with that.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

MorgansTShirt wrote:I don't care if I'm supposed to be a proper young man who's in perfect control of his emotions.
Fuck that. Feel what you feel. Control only how you treat yourself and others.

When people grow up with awful an awful parent, mostly one of two things can happen: they can grow up as mirror images of that parent, or they can reject that example and try to be better people. And it sounds like you're being a better person.

Take pride in that. Moving beyond what you've been inundated with your whole life is a real accomplishment.

My grandfather treated people horribly. It could have turned my father into a monster, or broken him completely, but instead he did his best to never be that kind of father to me. I don't have words for how grateful I am for the example my father set through his compassion and his willingness - even when it was agonizing for him - to admit his emotions. Eventually, he learned to forgive his own father, to see that it was all part of a cycle that he was finally able to break. But to get there, he needed to basically cut his father out of his adult life.

None of it is easy, but do what you need to do to be your very best, man.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

MorgansTShirt wrote:**snip**
I wish you the best of luck, and congrats on basically standing your own ground with moving out.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Why do people on social media talk about medium close-ups so much? And why are all their examples from modern superhero movies?

Some people literally say that there were no medium close-ups before 2008. It's like, dude, there have been medium close-ups in movies since the silent era. And equivalent compositions existed in portraiture way before cinema even existed.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

MorgansTShirt wrote:-snip-
Based on what you said, all of your feelings are completely justified. I think sometimes the healthiest thing to do is actually leave the situation entirely. While I get along with my parents very well, in my former life I was surrounded by toxic people, that thought they knew what was best for me. I got out of that situation, and am now very content and don’t regret any of my choices.

While I can’t soeak for you, maybe by leaving, in some ways he’ll change for the better, and perhaps, while this might be idealistic, you can work things out, or at least he can try to mend his wrongs. But, for now the healthiest thing seems to be to leave.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MorgansTShirt
Samurai

Post by MorgansTShirt »

Gosh, I wasn't expecting these responses. Well... Thanks a lot, guys... I wish you all good lives too.

Naturally parents and children aren't going to have perfect relationships, but the really oppressive parents who smother rather than impart good will and care get on my nerves.
Last edited by MorgansTShirt on Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigGrayGecko
Yojimbo

Post by BigGrayGecko »

I have recently learned that Russia is going to "isolate" itself from the Internet, which will result in the limitations of access to many foreign websites. As I live in Russia, I really hope that Toho Kingdom will not be prohibited in my country, but if it will, I will really miss this place and so, the possibilty of this event disturbs me very much.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

BigGrayGecko wrote:I have recently learned that Russia is going to "isolate" itself from the Internet, which will result in the limitations of access to many foreign websites. As I live in Russia, I really hope that Toho Kingdom will not be prohibited in my country, but if it will, I will really miss this place and so, the possibilty of this event disturbs me very much.
That's been out for a few months now. Aren't you guys supposed to have some big test sometime this year where your government attempts to have the country run purely on domestic intranet for a little while?
Last edited by G2000 on Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Brie Larson gets on all my nerves.
BigGrayGecko wrote:I have recently learned that Russia is going to "isolate" itself from the Internet, which will result in the limitations of access to many foreign websites. As I live in Russia, I really hope that Toho Kingdom will not be prohibited in my country, but if it will, I will really miss this place and so, the possibilty of this event disturbs me very much.
That would suck if they actually go through with it and just leave it on after the test. I have Russian friends myself, so it would suck to just get cut off from them.
Last edited by Darth Kiryu on Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

BigGrayGecko
Yojimbo

Post by BigGrayGecko »

G2000 wrote:
That's been out for a few months now. Aren't you guys supposed to have some big test sometime this year where your government attempts to have the country run purely on domestic intranet for a little while?
Well, supposedly, the test will take place this year in November.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

People who stick spoilery gifs from KotM trailers in their signatures get on my nerves. Usually people who post really frequently too.

My Foe list is more like my 'Temporarily blocked until the movie is released' list now.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

All the more reason to just disable signatures.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Unwanted thoughts have a way of becoming all-consuming, to the point I can hardly think of anything else. It's ridiculous but it aggravates me that I can't just turn it off, and whenever I think I've shaken them they come right back
UltramanGoji wrote:All the more reason to just disable signatures.
Seeing how they took up half the page that's what I've wound up doing
I can't criticize too much though, I used to have a huge signature back in the day
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Why do American distributors feel the need to ruin title cards like this?

Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa: