What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
goji89
Sazer

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla21 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:38 am
goji89 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:58 am I'm glad people are getting vaccinated but to me it's just a placebo put in place to ease the people. I'm not on a conspiracy trip or nothing because I hope people get vaccinated but it just seems it's a placebo at the moment. People have died after getting it, not insinuating anything here just be careful with what you put into your bodies some may not take it and ithers will feel nothing.
Yes I'm not in any hurry to get it. But I will at some point probably after May. I have a relative (who's a healthy 34 year old) lie and say she was a teacher so she could get the vaccine early. Thought that was kind of messed up to jump ahead of a bunch of people who are either old or have pre-existing that need it first.
Everybody wanting this shot just want peace of mind. "Some'" don't care they just want it, and once they have it they can sleep better knowing they got it. There are 3 versions of this shot. Two where you have to get two shots and another where it's only one. .... So yeah. People again "some" people believe after getting their shots it'll disappear and not worry, but at this point it's too early to tell. Again I hope everyone gets it to err on the side of caution. I've had it and my family has too luckily we didn't experience anything as some have reported. Just lost of taste and smell. After having it personally to me it's not that different from a flu, but again this is me, others experience a worst experience and even death so yeah.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

goji89 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:58 am I'm glad people are getting vaccinated but to me it's just a placebo put in place to ease the people. I'm not on a conspiracy trip or nothing because I hope people get vaccinated but it just seems it's a placebo at the moment. People have died after getting it, not insinuating anything here just be careful with what you put into your bodies some may not take it and ithers will feel nothing.
Yes I'm not in any hurry to get it. But I will at some point probably after May. I have a relative (who's a healthy 34 year old) lie and say she was a teacher so she could get the vaccine early. Thought that was kind of messed up to jump ahead of a bunch of people who are either old or have pre-existing that need it first.
Shots are being administered at such a rate that "line cutting" is basically a non-issue.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:53 am
Shots are being administered at such a rate that "line cutting" is basically a non-issue.
This was back in late January/early February though when the shot administration wasn't ramped up to what it is now. If it was today I'd say ya, no big deal. But back then I thought it was a little selfish of her.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Japan's vaccine situation is fucking stupid so all of you better be happy with your shots ;)
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:28 pm Japan's vaccine situation is skreeonking stupid so all of you better be happy with your shots ;)
Hey, as a bonafide weeb I reject you putting down my adopted mother land.

My Anime and Godzilla come from there so watch thy tongue gaijin.....*yeah, I learned that from Tokyo Drift lol*

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:28 pm Japan's vaccine situation is skreeonking stupid so all of you better be happy with your shots ;)
Can you explain to us on what's going on over there?
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:22 pm
Can you explain to us on what's going on over there?
Japan, rather than make their own vaccine, decided and purchased vaccines from abroad, which is great, but also didn't start their own vaccines as quickly (Japan made vaccines only just started). Now, there have been a few delays in getting vaccine shipments, and additionally they only started inoculating healthcare workers early this month. There's a lot of really stupid bureaucratic hurdles that Japan has to get through. For example, even though they've purchased the vaccines and agreed prior, they had to run their own separate "trials" to see if the vaccines were safe on Japanese people (which was really just a move to try to reassure people were safe, believe it or not Japan has a lot of anti vaxxers).

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Asia- ... rustration

The frustrating thing is that Japan, if they started vaccinations, would probably make corona a zero issue. We've had one of the lowest corona rates, in part due to mask wearing laws and some local governments requesting states of emergency.

You see Shin Godzilla? Imagine kamatakun was last summer, and the third form was this New Years. Shin is coming out, but we aren't quick enough to use operation hydra before Shin turns into the next form. :Godzilla68:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:53 am A song got removed from my music playlist on Youtube. Usually, I can find out what it is by copy-pasting the link but this time, nothing came up. Because of this, I've lost a song for good.
So, this happened again. Now, I remember what the song sounded like but I have no idea what it was called or what the group who made it was named. Tried using Midomi to find it and it didn't bring up anything even remotely close.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

When I try to start GvK, and the fucking movie keeps stopping to buffer. Literally why the fucking fuck? My internet connection is lightning fast and I haven't had this happen with any other video of any kind in I don't even know how long. Why this one? Is it HBO Max's fault? Xbox Live? Why the fuck?

EDIT: Okay, I looked it up and it is HBO Max's fault. So again I must ask why the fuck. You hype up your giant tent pole blockbuster on your flashy new streaming service, and then you don't bother to make sure your fucking servers can handle the traffic? Idiots.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:23 pm Okay, I looked it up and it is HBO Max's fault. So again I must ask why the skreeonk. You hype up your giant tent pole blockbuster on your flashy new streaming service, and then you don't bother to make sure your skreeonking servers can handle the traffic? Idiots.
That's odd. I'd played a good couple movies and a ton of Cartoon Network's catalogue of TV Shows on there and it didn't buffer for me once. Sure it's nothing wrong with your TV?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:00 pm
JAGzilla wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:23 pm Okay, I looked it up and it is HBO Max's fault. So again I must ask why the skreeonk. You hype up your giant tent pole blockbuster on your flashy new streaming service, and then you don't bother to make sure your skreeonking servers can handle the traffic? Idiots.
That's odd. I'd played a good couple movies and a ton of Cartoon Network's catalogue of TV Shows on there and it didn't buffer for me once. Sure it's nothing wrong with your TV?
Nah, apparently this problem is being reported all over the eastern US. Just with this movie. I tried putting on Stuart Little on HBO Max as a test, and it was playing perfectly. So it's just their servers being overwhelmed or some stupid thing.

Eh, whatever. I'm probably too tired right now to enjoy it, anyway. Maybe it's for the best. And if nothing else, I got to watch long enough to see
Spoiler:
Kong scratch his ass.
Cinematic brilliance on that level is probably the height of the movie, and it'll be all downhill from there.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:23 pm When I try to start GvK, and the skreeonking movie keeps stopping to buffer. Literally why the skreeonking skreeonk? My internet connection is lightning fast and I haven't had this happen with any other video of any kind in I don't even know how long. Why this one? Is it HBO Max's fault? Xbox Live? Why the skreeonk?

EDIT: Okay, I looked it up and it is HBO Max's fault. So again I must ask why the skreeonk. You hype up your giant tent pole blockbuster on your flashy new streaming service, and then you don't bother to make sure your skreeonking servers can handle the traffic? Idiots.
Yeah, HBO Max is total dogshit. I had to stay up until 3:00 AM when internet traffic was down to get it working properly, otherwise it consistently displays videos for me at 144ppi.

Should have taken that Netflix deal, Legendary...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

The one thing that gets all of my nerves fired is when people argue that two-legged two-winged dragons cannot be called dragons because "they're called wyverns". I went down to lengths and wrote a couple articles on the matter even - and it's a running joke among my friends.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

"Oh, my private message inbox is full. Guess I had better create a new folder to stuff them in."
Maximum number of allowed user defined folders reached.
"Oh. I guess not."

Now I'm going to have to delete old messages... :(
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:23 pm When I try to start GvK, and the skreeonking movie keeps stopping to buffer. Literally why the skreeonking skreeonk? My internet connection is lightning fast and I haven't had this happen with any other video of any kind in I don't even know how long. Why this one? Is it HBO Max's fault? Xbox Live? Why the skreeonk?

EDIT: Okay, I looked it up and it is HBO Max's fault. So again I must ask why the skreeonk. You hype up your giant tent pole blockbuster on your flashy new streaming service, and then you don't bother to make sure your skreeonking servers can handle the traffic? Idiots.
I absolutely hate when it does that, glitches, lag and, buffering start Riots

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I went to the dentist to get some fillings done. Now i gotta eat nothing but soft foods for the rest of the damn day..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Skreeonking bowel syndrome has been irritating me as of late...-_-
Gigantis wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:57 am I went to the dentist to get some fillings done. Now i gotta eat nothing but soft foods for the rest of the damn day..
Ever get your wisdom teeth removed? It's far worst, hated going through that.

Added in 9 minutes 5 seconds:
Also my computer chair, it keeps going down and I have to keep pulling it up.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:23 pm When I try to start GvK, and the fucking movie keeps stopping to buffer. Literally why the fucking fuck? My internet connection is lightning fast and I haven't had this happen with any other video of any kind in I don't even know how long. Why this one? Is it HBO Max's fault? Xbox Live? Why the fuck?

EDIT: Okay, I looked it up and it is HBO Max's fault. So again I must ask why the fuck. You hype up your giant tent pole blockbuster on your flashy new streaming service, and then you don't bother to make sure your fucking servers can handle the traffic? Idiots.
I got the same problem for both it AND ZSJL, except it initially wouldn't even play. It said "could not find title, please try again later". I kept closing and restarting the app, and eventually, after like 5 or 6 tries, it played, only to get the same buffering problems as you.

I'm just glad I eventually got to watch it on release day. Theaters don't reopen for another month for me, so it unfortunately wasn't an option as much as I wanted to see it in theaters.
Last edited by KManX89 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I still haven't been able to watch it. I'll probably just end up seeing it in theaters soon, possibly somewhere in the next two days. My interest in kaiju has been on the back burner for the last few weeks, though, so it hasn't been a big deal waiting. I'd rather see it when I'm honestly hyped, you know?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

What gets me on my nerves is when someone used “Objectively” as some form of argue and use it as a bad way, like when group of friends is talking about how good or bad a movie is, then someone put the word “objectively” in the argument then begins shoving down that word into the group saying things like, “if you like this movie you’re a moron and you don’t what good movie is”

sorry if I didn’t word it correctly
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.