What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

UltramanGoji wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:So YouTube has added advertisements to the middle of videos too... Damn, everything sure seems to be going to hell nowadays.
That's been a thing for a long time now.
Yeah, I'm aware, doesn't make it any less irritating though.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Not naming names, but the FB account one pretty well known older figure in Godzilla fandom just seems to have become a constant string of old man yelling at cloud.

"X is the worst thing ever to happen to genre cinema!" "No, wait, Y is the worst thing ever to happen to genre cinema!" "Younger fans like different things than me because they don't understand what it's really all about, man!"
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

The new updates to this site has fucked up the notification system, so now regardless if it's a thread I created, or a thread I've previously posted in, I'm not getting notifications when new posts have been made. This has to be the most annoying setup for a forum I've ever had to deal with.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:The new updates to this site has skreeonked up the notification system, so now regardless if it's a thread I created, or a thread I've previously posted in, I'm not getting notifications when new posts have been made. This has to be the most annoying setup for a forum I've ever had to deal with.
Notifications only pop up when someone quotes your post (like now, you should be getting a notification). The icon on what ever thread you're looking at will show a different color than it's supposed to and the title of the thread will be bolded when someone posts in it. It's been like that for years.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:The new updates to this site has fucked up the notification system, so now regardless if it's a thread I created, or a thread I've previously posted in, I'm not getting notifications when new posts have been made. This has to be the most annoying setup for a forum I've ever had to deal with.
That's literally always been the case, even before the updates. The only way you get notifications is, as GVZ said, through someone quoting your post or by clicking "subscribe to this thread" at the top of the page, near the thread title (may be different with whatever skin you've got on, but it's probably around there).

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

I made a joke on a friend's status, turns out it was completely inappropriate to the situation and now I super feel like a douchenozzle.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

"HEROES NEVER DIE!" was quite possibly my favorite Overwatch special move. I haven't even seen what Mercy's new one is, but I don't care. Making revival a regular move that recharges every thirty seconds just takes all the drama out of it.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

JAGzilla wrote:"HEROES NEVER DIE!" was quite possibly my favorite Overwatch special move. I haven't even seen what Mercy's new one is, but I don't care. Making revival a regular move that recharges every thirty seconds just takes all the drama out of it.
Agreed. the new one makes her fly. just straight up, all she does is fly. It's a more idiotic super move than the golden gun form destiny, and that's saying something.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

People suggesting the idea of an Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls crossover. So what? Just because the creators are good friends means an crossover between them is good enough and should happen? I mean you don't see Seth MacFarlane and Butch Hartman whom are very good friends doing an crossover between Family Guy and Fairly Odd Parents yet no people talks about the idea of that happening. Even then the tone and theme between the two shows are different. One's a kid-family friendly show while the other is aimed towards adults. Disney would not allow that to happen and if they did the only way they'd allow it is toning the characters from Rick and Morty down to that of the characters in Gravity Falls. Because personally I don't think they'd have Dipper and Mabel killing, swearing or being such jerks like the cast of Rick and Morty, not very Disney-like.

Even then both are owned by two different companies, overall making all chances of such a crossover happening not occurring.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:People suggesting the idea of an Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls crossover. So what? Just because the creators are good friends means an crossover between them is good enough and should happen?
There's direct references between the two shows. It ain't just because of the creators friendship.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:There's direct references between the two shows. It ain't just because of the creators friendship.
Still I think the idea of an crossover would just be so out of place considering the directional aims, tones and themes...

ToxicLove
Interpol Agent

Post by ToxicLove »

eabaker wrote:Not naming names, but the FB account one pretty well known older figure in Godzilla fandom just seems to have become a constant string of old man yelling at cloud.

"X is the worst thing ever to happen to genre cinema!" "No, wait, Y is the worst thing ever to happen to genre cinema!" "Younger fans like different things than me because they don't understand what it's really all about, man!"
The ire is that a friend of mine also shares a friendship with this individual on facebook, and I have been witness to some quite entertaining outbursts. They are usually filled with quite delicious content. The posts, mind you, not necessarily the friends.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:There's direct references between the two shows. It ain't just because of the creators friendship.
Still I think the idea of an crossover would just be so out of place considering the directional aims, tones and themes...
Definitely understandable. If there was a crossover I imagine stanford would be the only one to show.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

What GOT on my nerves this morning, was this incredibly inaccurate video.

#BotM

Blade of Gigan
Young Farmer

Post by Blade of Gigan »

TheSecondComing wrote:I made a joke on a friend's status, turns out it was completely inappropriate to the situation and now I super feel like a douchenozzle.
you can go back and edit your comment to say something different and heartfelt. it works perfectly.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:People suggesting the idea of an Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls crossover. So what? Just because the creators are good friends means an crossover between them is good enough and should happen?
There's direct references between the two shows. It ain't just because of the creators friendship.
It absolutely is and, no offense, but your extremely gullible to think otherwise.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

UltramanGoji wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
It absolutely is and, no offense, but your extremely gullible to think otherwise.
I should have said that differently. The fact that the two shows have direct references and might have a crossover is because of the creators friendship. But the creators friendship isn't the only reason people think the crossover is going to happen.
Also, no need for the direct insults. We're all grown ups here, we can have a conversation without trying to demean the other person.

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

Blade of Gigan wrote:
TheSecondComing wrote:I made a joke on a friend's status, turns out it was completely inappropriate to the situation and now I super feel like a douchenozzle.
you can go back and edit your comment to say something different and heartfelt. it works perfectly.

Not when she's online and sees and replies immediately.
Lesson learned.

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote: Also, no need for the direct insults. We're all grown ups here, we can have a conversation without trying to demean the other person.
Welcome to Toho Kingdom.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote: Also, no need for the direct insults. We're all grown ups here, we can have a conversation without trying to demean the other person.
I'm not trying to belittle you, my choice of wording was awful I'll admit, but I just can't fathom how anyone can look at the easter eggs as anything more than that.