What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Fish Cakes wrote:
Infinity wrote:I sympathize with incels.
Stop doing that? It's pretty bad to identify as part of that "community", anyone who does is just hurting themselves if not other people around them. Not saying you are, but they don't deserve any empathy, let alone sympathy.
Agreed, ditto the "MGTOW/Red-Pill" group.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Except when the term is used against anyone who disagrees with your outlook or thoughts on something. Which is why it's used 75% of the time on twitter.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Geeksandgamers and blackpidgeonspeaks clogging my YouTube recommendations
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

So a Russian Youtuber named ASM has been stealing people's art of kaiju and using them in his videos without ever asking the artist's permission or giving them credit. His most recent video depicts a Biollante that's directly traced from DalekMercy's design, and his Mothra is just traced from Monstatron's work. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there's anything the artists can actually do about it for legal reasons, so ASM effectively gets away with stealing for his own gain. It's all really quite frustrating for me to see.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Kiryu2012 wrote:So a Russian Youtuber named ASM has been stealing people's art of kaiju and using them in his videos without ever asking the artist's permission or giving them credit. His most recent video depicts a Biollante that's directly traced from DalekMercy's design, and his Mothra is just traced from Monstatron's work. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there's anything the artists can actually do about it for legal reasons, so ASM effectively gets away with stealing for his own gain. It's all really quite frustrating for me to see.
That sucks.

However, I hate to say this, but if you make art of a character that isn't your own, I don't think you have the say of who should/shouldn't use images. Like yeah the guy is a dick for not crediting them, 100%, but at the same time I'm sure someone like Toho or some corporation could argue the original images are just as invalid.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Geeksandgamers and blackpidgeonspeaks clogging my YouTube recommendations
I'm subscribed to G&G, but their recent content has been a bit too clickbait/low effort outrage reactions. Brie Larson wants to be in a Star Wars movie? Okay. I got all the info I need from the video title. I don't need to hear you rant for 8 minutes on why you think that's a bad idea. I also think it's a bad idea but I'm not going to stew over it.

My job is getting on my nerves. I work alternating morning/evening shifts every other week and I'm just tired of it. I'm employed through an employment agency working at a warehouse pretty close to home and my contract is through February. I've noticed I can't really go 3-4 months without resentment starting to set in. My No English policy isn't helping as I barely chat with coworkers outside of typical job stuff.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Geeksandgamers and blackpidgeonspeaks clogging my YouTube recommendations
Thank you for pointing these out to me, all of this (+things like the Quartering) is the type of shit I hate.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:So a Russian Youtuber named ASM has been stealing people's art of kaiju and using them in his videos without ever asking the artist's permission or giving them credit. His most recent video depicts a Biollante that's directly traced from DalekMercy's design, and his Mothra is just traced from Monstatron's work. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there's anything the artists can actually do about it for legal reasons, so ASM effectively gets away with stealing for his own gain. It's all really quite frustrating for me to see.
That sucks.

However, I hate to say this, but if you make art of a character that isn't your own, I don't think you have the say of who should/shouldn't use images. Like yeah the guy is a dick for not crediting them, 100%, but at the same time I'm sure someone like Toho or some corporation could argue the original images are just as invalid.
Yeppers. Nature of the beast. Still, call out that shit. I don't see the point in tracing, he can just use the original art if he's gonna be a blatant dick about it? .-.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Every year, every fucking goddamn year. My father has to build this shitty little fucking hockey rink. And even though I have never used it before, I have some sort of obligation to help him make it. And every year it's mindless hours of laying down plastic, shoving snow, and putting down water. And I don't even use the rink at all. And I have to listen to him grumble about nothing the whole time. And if I do anything even a little "wrong" he freaks the fuck out and goes on a 5 minute tangent.

Also Steam curator reviews, they review games before they come out and will either praise or shit on a game for tiny fucking details no one gives a shit about.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

tonight across the island there are Christmas parties and festivities, and a group of friends and I decided we were gonna partake in a pub crawl across town, initially starting at 5:30. Well, we decided 5:30 was too early, so at first decided that we would just jump in later. This was planned a week ago.

Then, at about 4:00 this afternoon, one of my friends who is slowly becoming flakier and flakier messages me and says “oh well I saw it was a pub crawl and decided I’m not gonna do it because I don’t drink”. Ok first of all bitch, you and I were doing shots until 2 am like a week ago. Secondly, YOU’VE KNOWN ALL WEEK THAT ITS A PUBCRAWL YES THERES DRINKING INVOLVED. Truth be told I think that they just found something else they wanna do and trying to cover it with an excuse.

My other two friends are stuck a work dinner rn but I’m not too upset over that bc it’s running longer than expected and they can’t do much about it.

The other friend is somewhere at a club and I’m trying to message her but FB is fucking up on my phone and messages are going through.

Other friend just didn’t reply and ghosted us all.

So now here I am, sitting at the harbor front freezing my titties off by myself, sober, and being eyed up by a night heron who is, frankly, too close for my comfort.
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

MothraRocks wrote:tonight across the island there are Christmas parties and festivities, and a group of friends and I decided we were gonna partake in a pub crawl across town, initially starting at 5:30. Well, we decided 5:30 was too early, so at first decided that we would just jump in later. This was planned a week ago.

Then, at about 4:00 this afternoon, one of my friends who is slowly becoming flakier and flakier messages me and says “oh well I saw it was a pub crawl and decided I’m not gonna do it because I don’t drink”. Ok first of all bitch, you and I were doing shots until 2 am like a week ago. Secondly, YOU’VE KNOWN ALL WEEK THAT ITS A PUBCRAWL YES THERES DRINKING INVOLVED. Truth be told I think that they just found something else they wanna do and trying to cover it with an excuse.

My other two friends are stuck a work dinner rn but I’m not too upset over that bc it’s running longer than expected and they can’t do much about it.

The other friend is somewhere at a club and I’m trying to message her but FB is fucking up on my phone and messages are going through.

So now here I am, sitting at the harbor front freezing my titties off by myself, sober, and being eyed up by a night heron who is, frankly, too close for my comfort.
Are we related? Cause I'm having flashbacks.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

MothraRocks wrote:tonight across the island there are Christmas parties and festivities, and a group of friends and I decided we were gonna partake in a pub crawl across town, initially starting at 5:30. Well, we decided 5:30 was too early, so at first decided that we would just jump in later. This was planned a week ago.

Then, at about 4:00 this afternoon, one of my friends who is slowly becoming flakier and flakier messages me and says “oh well I saw it was a pub crawl and decided I’m not gonna do it because I don’t drink”. Ok first of all skreeonk, you and I were doing shots until 2 am like a week ago. Secondly, YOU’VE KNOWN ALL WEEK THAT ITS A PUBCRAWL YES THERES DRINKING INVOLVED. Truth be told I think that they just found something else they wanna do and trying to cover it with an excuse.

The other friend is somewhere at a club and I’m trying to message her but FB is skreeonking up on my phone and messages are going through.

Get away from it. Last thing you want is some bird chasing you around. :lol:

But really, sorry things didn't work out.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Then, at about 4:00 this afternoon, one of my friends who is slowly becoming flakier and flakier messages me and says “oh well I saw it was a pub crawl and decided I’m not gonna do it because I don’t drink”. Ok first of all skreeonk, you and I were doing shots until 2 am like a week ago. Secondly, YOU’VE KNOWN ALL WEEK THAT ITS A PUBCRAWL YES THERES DRINKING INVOLVED. Truth be told I think that they just found something else they wanna do and trying to cover it with an excuse.

The other friend is somewhere at a club and I’m trying to message her but FB is skreeonking up on my phone and messages are going through.

Did you ever wind up drinking and having fun?

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Did you ever wind up drinking and having fun?
Nice try, night heron.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

These skreoonking World of Warship commercials. No i have no interest in playing your game, and i'm not gonna bother if you beg me, so shut up and let the video play! -_-

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

tyrantgoji wrote:These skreoonking World of Warship commercials. No i have no interest in playing your game, and i'm not gonna bother if you beg me
WHY THE HELL NOT?!

And OT: Work. I want money, but I don't wanna go to work tonight. :(
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

My attention-starved ass feels ignored by most people. I know it's not something that should bother me, but I sort of constantly seek validation, approval, and acceptance from people because of some mental disorders I have. I guess it's less the being ignored I dislike and more that I feel this bad when I'm ignored?

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Fish Cakes wrote:My attention-starved ass feels ignored by most people. I know it's not something that should bother me, but I sort of constantly seek validation, approval, and acceptance from people because of some mental disorders I have. I guess it's less the being ignored I dislike and more that I feel this bad when I'm ignored?
I too, feel like I need some sort of attention in some form. Though I really don't mind when someone I don't know ignores me. It's people who I know that ignore me. At that case, I get pissed. (Dang, the wording is hella weird. Whoops.)
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

GmkGoji wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:My attention-starved ass feels ignored by most people. I know it's not something that should bother me, but I sort of constantly seek validation, approval, and acceptance from people because of some mental disorders I have. I guess it's less the being ignored I dislike and more that I feel this bad when I'm ignored?
I too, feel like I need some sort of attention in some form. Though I really don't mind when someone I don't know ignores me. It's people who I know that ignore me. At that case, I get pissed. (Dang, the wording is hella weird. Whoops.)
That's legit. When I'm trying to interact with people online or wherever and I'm ignored it's a bit annoying too though.

I'd be more okay if it was intentional but I know it's because I'm not trying hard enough.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

North Korea gets on my nerves
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira