What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by JAGzilla »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:People who drown their fries in skreeonking ketchup. Ketchup is literally the worst dip for fries. Cheese is great, mustard is great, ranch is great, tartar is great, mustard is okay, ketchup is some white trash bullshit.
... somebody get an exorcist in here now. This is the clearest sign of demonic possession I've ever seen! Begone, beast! Back to the lowest pit of Hell with ye, and peddle your foul ranch and tartar to sinners who deserve it! The power of ketchup compels you! THE POWER OF KETCHUP COMPELS YOU!

You can leave the cheese, though. And maybe honey mustard; some kinds of that are pretty great with fries.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Honey mustard is terrible no matter what you put it on. Yellow mustard works fine enough on fries though, haven't used Dijon or spicy brown/deli mustard on fries though I assume it would be alright. Would like to try Colman's or some other hot English mustard sometime

Tartar sauce is shit and isn't good on anything, ranch is best on other things like salads or hot wings (still gets outranked by bleu cheese on the latter), hot sauce is okay on fries though for whatever reason I prefer a thicker sauce on fries, keep your cheese away from me. No one's mentioned chili yet but that's pretty good
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Everytime i come back to TK i just see really dumb completely unrelated arguments across the boards

That isn't new of course but this site has become so different to what it used to be. Everyone has hairline triggers, non stop complaining

The spark that aspect of TK had when talking about Godzilla is all but gone now, in the end I just don't know what happened

People here just seem to have forgotten why they came here in the very beginning

I used to love coming to this site, now I barely even glance at it
Last edited by ROMG4 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

ROMG4 wrote:Everytime i come back to TK i just see really dumb completely unrelated arguments across the boards

That isn't new of course but this site has become so different to what it used to be. Everyone has hairline triggers, non stop complaining

The spark that aspect of TK had when talking about Godzilla is all but gone now, in the end I just don't know what happened

People here just seem to have forgotten why they came here in the very beginning

ok
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

-Honey Mustard is awesome
-Buffalo sauce is also
-Ketchup is fantastic, but is overrated and I agree people slather shit in it
-A little tartar sauce is okay
-The best condiments are really smoky and fancy mustards, or Coleman mustards from Europe.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

G2000 wrote:Honey mustard is terrible no matter what you put it on.
False. Drop whatever you're doing, go to Longhorn, get their chicken tender meal. It comes with honey mustard that will change your mind and possibly life.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ROMG4 wrote:Everytime i come back to TK i just see really dumb completely unrelated arguments across the boards

Sorry that people don't wanna talk about just Godzilla? I know unrelated arguments can be annoying but if we just were forced to talk Godzilla every time this place would be abandoned.
Last edited by Gigantis on Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

To a point, the current state of affairs is better than things were when I joined in 2011. Yeah, there was more Godzilla discussion, but this was still TK, and a TK with weak moderation at the time. Godzilla threads constantly erupted into wars that just dragged out for page after page with no input from the mods. Outside of whatever evil goes on in the Legendary spoiler threads, which I stay out of, things are much more peaceful here now, if somewhat dull at times.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

ROMG4 wrote:The spark that aspect of TK had when talking about Godzilla is all but gone now, in the end I just don't know what happened

*makes comment about how TK is bad because arguing, proceeds to make post that will make people argue*.

This is really dumb and I disagree with the initial hypothesis. If anything, actual discussion of the films is busier than ever. Tons of members, such as MinorBoneGood, and myself are digging up tons of old scripts and doing tons of work related to the franchise. We are consistently getting a new steady flow of content, with new active members. People are posting their own thoughts on the films, beyond cookie cutter prestablished norms. If anything the discussion is a lot better than before.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
ROMG4 wrote:The spark that aspect of TK had when talking about Godzilla is all but gone now, in the end I just don't know what happened

*makes comment about how TK is bad because arguing, proceeds to make post that will make people argue*.
This is the TK Way, just as it should be
This is really dumb and I disagree with the initial hypothesis. If anything, actual discussion of the films is busier than ever. Tons of members, such as MinorBoneGood, and myself are digging up tons of old scripts and doing tons of work related to the franchise.
Oh I don't disagree at all this is the best time in history to be a Godzilla fan. For decades the Godzilla fanbase has lagged behind others in terms of information gathering and fact checking, due to our smaller size and the language barrier

Oh I have no doubt that discussion now can be far better than what we ever had just 10 years ago (Honestly I've wanted to make a thread about just how awesome we have it now) but that's not the point I was making

It's just the mentalities of people posting here have just changed the feel I just get from this place is just cynicism and bitter negativity at whatever. Negativity has always been a thing on TK just look at the old SHMA threads but its never felt so widespread and prevalent like it has been, it's different and not in a way I can truly describe

Either way I will say the general discussion section has become the most toxic place on the boards surpassing the old SHMA threads. All I ever is non stop mud flinging over politics, I know that bloody stupid freaking politics thread is going to come back in a few months

And I'm gonna groan when I see it'll have 40 pages

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ROMG4 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:

This is the TK Way, just as it should be
This is really dumb and I disagree with the initial hypothesis. If anything, actual discussion of the films is busier than ever. Tons of members, such as MinorBoneGood, and myself are digging up tons of old scripts and doing tons of work related to the franchise.
Oh I don't disagree at all this is the best time in history to be a Godzilla fan. For decades the Godzilla fanbase has lagged behind others in terms of information gathering and fact checking, due to our smaller size and the language barrier

Oh I have no doubt that discussion now can be far better than what we ever had just 10 years ago (Honestly I've wanted to make a thread about just how awesome we have it now) but that's not the point I was making

It's just the mentalities of people posting here have just changed the feel I just get from this place is just cynicism and bitter negativity at whatever. Negativity has always been a thing on TK just look at the old SHMA threads but its never felt so widespread and prevalent like it has been, it's different and not in a way I can truly describe

Either way I will say the general discussion section has become the most toxic place on the boards surpassing the old SHMA threads. All I ever is non stop mud flinging over politics, I know that bloody stupid freaking politics thread is going to come back in a few months

And I'm gonna groan when I see it'll have 40 pages
Well it's not like anything is forcing you to read it, you can always just ignore it and move one (like me when there's an argument on another thread)

TK itself is in an odd spot. It's a message board, a place which isn't popular in the slightest bit now, yet i also say it's the least toxic (go to Jurassic Outpost and you'll see true pain.) even with some people's actions. But at least we can say it has far better mods and admins than years ago!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

tyrantgoji wrote: Well it's not like anything is forcing you to read it, you can always just ignore it and move one (like me when there's an argument on another thread)

TK itself is in an odd spot. It's a message board, a place which isn't popular in the slightest bit now, yet i also say it's the least toxic (go to Jurassic Outpost and you'll see true pain.) even with some people's actions. But at least we can say it has far better mods and admins than years ago!
It's still affecting the moods and mentality of people on the board. I've already seen several people in those political threads announcing they were "blacklisting" those they disagreed with

This is not conductive to a fun and happy forum

Also you say that now, but just wait until they bring out their next SuPeR HiLaRiOuS April Fool's day Experiment

I've never forgotten the godZ fiscal and I don't think I ever will

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ROMG4 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote: Well it's not like anything is forcing you to read it, you can always just ignore it and move one (like me when there's an argument on another thread)

It's still affecting the moods and mentality of people on the board. I've already seen several people in those political threads announcing they were "blacklisting" those they disagreed with

This is not conductive to a fun and happy forum

Also you say that now, but just wait until they bring out their next SuPeR HiLaRiOuS April Fool's day Experiment

I've never forgotten the godZ fiscal and I don't think I ever will
Uh they did. It was the Sheriff and legit everyone hated it. I think the admins said they were toning it down for next year so that's good.

But pulling a prank is different than doing your job, which they do well, so the argument doesn't work.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

So leave like you've been threatening to do for the past six months.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

UltramanGoji wrote:

I've been gone since 2017 essentially, everytime I come back it's just for a brief few visits before I go away for weeks/months again

Haven't been threatening anything

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

I actually don't like any of the common sauces or things like that; ketchup, mustard, BBQ etc.

Never been a fan of any of them
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ROMG4 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:

I've been gone since 2017 essentially, everytime I come back it's just for a brief few visits before I go away for weeks/months again

Haven't been threatening anything
Well, why? It's clear you don't care about this place anymore, and there's no reason to really look back aside from the "nothing is the same" speech you've done the last couple times. You might as well just move on permanently.
Last edited by Gigantis on Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

tyrantgoji wrote: Well, why? It's clear you don't care about this place anymore, and there's no reason to really look back aside from the "nothing is the same" speech you've done the last couple times. You might as well just move on permanently.
I spent years here, I know many of the people here

When you've so much time into one place its hard to ever truly let it go, this is why I will always check back. Because all things are cyclical eventually one day I'll log on and see a more

Positive forum once again I just have to wait

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

ROMG4 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote: Well, why? It's clear you don't care about this place anymore, and there's no reason to really look back aside from the "nothing is the same" speech you've done the last couple times. You might as well just move on permanently.

When you've so much time into one place its hard to ever truly let it go, this is why I will always check back. Because all things are cyclical eventually one day I'll log on and see a more

I agree with you....my old friend.

I just feel this place got boring and is rather dull. As to why I kinda left too.

Things change and we have to come to terms with it accept it or move on. Im doing both, I accept this new "norm" I don't like it so I step back and only post as needed.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

goji89 wrote:
ROMG4 wrote:

I agree with you....my old friend.

I just feel this place got boring and is rather dull. As to why I kinda left too.

Things change and we have to come to terms with it accept it or move on. Im doing both, I accept this new "norm" I don't like it so I step back and only post as needed.
I have been part of a Star Wars discord group for a long time. Almost as long as i have been away

We are a very wacky bunch who just like to talk and occassionally rant (like the shma days of old but way more fun lol)

Join me Goji!

Seriously we are THE band of misfits, we're all really different but bounce off each other
Last edited by ROMG4 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.