What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by eabaker »

goji89 wrote:Waiting for Eabaker to join in the convo got me like.......

Tempting, but not gonna do it. I've already been condescended to and insulted by a TLJ-hater on this forum once today; I don't need to risk it again. I haven't had to take my blood pressure medicine for the past few days, and i'm enjoying the streak. :)
Last edited by eabaker on Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

eabaker wrote:
goji89 wrote:Waiting for Eabaker to join in the convo got me like.......

Tempting, but not gonna do it. I've already been condescended to and insulted by a TLJ-hater on this forum once today; I don't need to risk it again. I haven't had to take my blood pressure medicine for the past few days, and i'm enjoying the streak. :)
Finding out Eabaker WONT join in the convo got me like

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:Motherfucking assclown bitches who put end game spoilers as a thumbnail on YouTube.

FUCK. YOU.

Look I don't mind many spoilers, but sometimes I do like to surprised, especially with video games. I hope you burn in hell, bitch.
There was a time when you had to watch a video to get the spoiler, now they just put it in the thumbnail and title.

Added in 7 minutes 35 seconds:
KaijuCanuck wrote:The Last Jedi wasn’t political in the slightest, unless you are offended by the simple facts of female protagonists and minorities having prominent roles, and the negative portrayal of space-opera nazis. Black Panther definitely was political however with the subject matter of the plot that explicitly dealt with race relations specific to the US, and colonialism more generally.
Except space Nazis, except there was always space Nazis.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

When Fathom puts on really awesome sounding theatrical events, and I try to get tickets before remembering that Fathom only operates in the US. They’re bringing back the original Superman and Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, and the only way I could see them is to take time to drive 3 hours south to Seattle. Tempting, but idk.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I've seen both on the big screen- it's worth it.

Well, I mean, considering what my parents told me about the current state of Seattle, it's probably worth it. ;)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

KaijuCanuck wrote:When Fathom puts on really awesome sounding theatrical events, and I try to get tickets before remembering that Fathom only operates in the US. They’re bringing back the original Superman and Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, and the only way I could see them is to take time to drive 3 hours south to Seattle. Tempting, but idk.
This but sort of different for me.

None of the awesome theatrical re-releases are near me. They’re almost always an unreasonable driving distance away from me and I always miss out on them. I would’ve loved to have seen the 86 Transformers movie but the nearest theater showing it was in the bumfuck nowhere area of Buffalo like an hour away from me...on a Thursday. There is no conceivable fucking way I am making that two hour round trip drive on a school night.

I’m just lucky a theater twenty minutes away has been getting most of the Rifftrax Live shows, even if it’s a shitty theater.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Grey, clouded skies for weeks. Only got sunlight for one day. It's snowing now. The oppressive wind bites at my face as I try to walk to and from my apartment. It's earlier than usual. A foreshadowing of what's to come: eight months of darkness, bitter glacial cold that penetrates the thickest layers, stifling snow that will swallow everything in a dense, sorrowful blanket, roads trapped in rivers of ice that threaten to kill anyone that does not wish to walk through this inhospitable wasteland.
http://dailyhive.com/calgary/calgary-tr ... ber-2-2018

WHAT DID I TELL YA!

Christ, this is going to be a long winter...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Zarm wrote:I've seen both on the big screen- it's worth it.

Well, I mean, considering what my parents told me about the current state of Seattle, it's probably worth it. ;)
:lol: Duly noted. I would really love to see both movies on the big screen, but that's a six hour round trip. Longer if the border is busy. Maybe if it was a weekend, and I also had time to sightsee a bit because I've never been to Seattle before, but I think all the dates are weekdays and I have school.

Added in 2 minutes 19 seconds:
UltramanGoji wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:When Fathom puts on really awesome sounding theatrical events, and I try to get tickets before remembering that Fathom only operates in the US. They’re bringing back the original Superman and Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, and the only way I could see them is to take time to drive 3 hours south to Seattle. Tempting, but idk.
This but sort of different for me.

None of the awesome theatrical re-releases are near me. They’re almost always an unreasonable driving distance away from me and I always miss out on them. I would’ve loved to have seen the 86 Transformers movie but the nearest theater showing it was in the bumfuck nowhere area of Buffalo like an hour away from me...on a Thursday. There is no conceivable skreeonking way I am making that two hour round trip drive on a school night.

I’m just lucky a theater twenty minutes away has been getting most of the Rifftrax Live shows, even if it’s a shitty theater.
Awww dude Transformers '86 would be a good one... I actually just missed a special screening of that at a theatre that's actually near me, but it was literally just a few days before I moved to Vancouver. So I'm really losing on every front here. :?
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I just really, really want to see Star Trek: The Motion Picture (and also Star Trek VI, but especially TMP) on the big screen before I die. I've picked off all the other big ones- Jurassic Park, Superman, the Indiana Jones films, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, the Last Starfighter, Aliens... but that remains my big screen holy grail. And some of them are a hefty drive- there are others, high on the list, that I've had to forgo because they just weren't worth the travel time. So I do understand both the desire, and the dilemma.
Last edited by Zarm on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

With any luck, you might get a screening of TMP when that new Tarantino film comes out (IF it comes out).

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I hope. Either that, or its 50th anniversary. The terrible thing is, it has shown in the area; I just only ever find out about it after the fact.

Maranatha!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

https://globalnews.ca/news/4511829/high ... gn_id=A100

People stranded for ten hours at risk of freezing to death.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4511878/qe2- ... paign=2014

Multiple multi-vehicle collisions.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/ ... ton/111884

And it's only going to get worse.

I am really looking forward to 7-8 months of this. And we haven't even reached the cold weather yet.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:https://globalnews.ca/news/4511829/high ... gn_id=A100

People stranded for ten hours at risk of freezing to death.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4511878/qe2- ... paign=2014

Multiple multi-vehicle collisions.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/ ... ton/111884

And it's only going to get worse.

I am really looking forward to 7-8 months of this. And we haven't even reached the cold weather yet.
RIP Alberta fall. You lived a glorious one month but alas, it was not meant to be.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

To think I once considered moving to Alberta...

No offense to anyone from there but I deal with enough shitty cold weather in Buffalo, lol.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

UltramanGoji wrote:To think I once considered moving to Alberta...

No offense to anyone from there but I deal with enough shitty cold weather in Buffalo, lol.
Curious to know the context of your once considered move!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:To think I once considered moving to Alberta...

Curious to know the context of your once considered move!
Just thinking about where I'd like to go and what I'd like to do when I finish school. I kind of wanted to move to Canada, mostly due to incompetent governments over here as well as beautiful scenery in that area and closeness to some members of my family (they live in Montana). I also recall reading an article that said Alberta was a very inexpensive place to live in Canada, so that had a lot to do with it to.

I also considered a two-year stay in Japan among others I can't recall right now.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

You should honestly move to B.C. somewhere in the Vancouver area. I recall there's no snow there if not barely. Simply just rainy and wet due to being close to the ocean.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

^Yeah the lower mainland (Vancouver and surrounding area) has a climate more similar to that of England, and it rarely snows. It's also stunningly beautiful. Everywhere else gets pretty serious winter, although that's not to say the summers aren't glorious. I live in Vancouver currently and I love it, it's a fantastic city, but the big downside is it's very expensive. Toronto as well.

Everywhere else is pretty affordable, including Alberta, where I was raised and have spent most of my life. Western Alberta also has the Rocky Mountains, which are very beautiful. The economy in Alberta is kind of in a slump though currently, as the whole province is tied to the oil industry. Alberta also (relative to Canada) has a fairly right wing political culture, certainly to the right of blue states, which depending on your own politics could be good or bad.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

You could move to Texas

You would never have Snow

But you'll erupt into flames in the summer!

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:You should honestly move to B.C. somewhere in the Vancouver area. I recall there's no snow there if not barely. Simply just rainy and wet due to being close to the ocean.
KaijuCanuck wrote:^Yeah the lower mainland (Vancouver and surrounding area) has a climate more similar to that of England, and it rarely snows. It's also stunningly beautiful. Everywhere else gets pretty serious winter, although that's not to say the summers aren't glorious. I live in Vancouver currently and I love it, it's a fantastic city, but the big downside is it's very expensive. Toronto as well.

Everywhere else is pretty affordable, including Alberta, where I was raised and have spent most of my life. Western Alberta also has the Rocky Mountains, which are very beautiful. The economy in Alberta is kind of in a slump though currently, as the whole province is tied to the oil industry. Alberta also (relative to Canada) has a fairly right wing political culture, certainly to the right of blue states, which depending on your own politics could be good or bad.
Snow isn't really a big problem for me, I've gotten pretty used to it where I live. Honestly, the Alberta move was just a single thought I had, not something I ever super considered. If I was to move, I'd probably find a suburb in the Vancouver/Toronto area and it'd be very far in the future.
ROMG4 wrote:You could move to Texas

You would never have Snow

But you'll erupt into flames in the summer!
Mmmm...no.