What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by BlankAccount »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:When the apocalypse comes on Judgment Day and the war between Man and Machine starts, it will be Disney who will save Humanity from complete and utter annihilation.
...Is this a reference to something? Or a meta joke i'm just not getting?
. . . . . . really?

Terminator, dude?
He just needs a kick ass metal cover to jog his memory.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:When the apocalypse comes on Judgment Day and the war between Man and Machine starts, it will be Disney who will save Humanity from complete and utter annihilation.
...Is this a reference to something? Or a meta joke i'm just not getting?
. . . . . . really?

Terminator, dude?
HEPR-A-DURP,Thank you so much for releasing me from that brain fart! :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

IMDb user ratings, especially for recent films. Joker is currently the 9th ranked movie on the site. I haven't seen it but I have the feeling that if I did I could name far more than eight better films. Of course this is nothing new. Remember when Star Trek Into Darkness was new and it was briefly higher than Gone with the Wind on the Top 250?
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Terasawa wrote:IMDb user ratings, especially for recent films. Joker is currently the 9th ranked movie on the site. I haven't seen it but I have the feeling that if I did I could name far more than eight better films. Of course this is nothing new. Remember when Star Trek Into Darkness was new and it was briefly higher than Gone with the Wind on the Top 250?
I like to call Star Trek into Darkness STD for short.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Terasawa wrote:IMDb user ratings, especially for recent films. Joker is currently the 9th ranked movie on the site. I haven't seen it but I have the feeling that if I did I could name far more than eight better films. Of course this is nothing new. Remember when Star Trek Into Darkness was new and it was briefly higher than Gone with the Wind on the Top 250?
The issue is with how the site works. I think it prioritizes newer films, that have more views and people who have seen them. I liked Joker, but yeah that's a tad ridiculous.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

I know someone who treats the ratings on imdb like the word of God and it blows my mind that they're like "Are you sure that movie is good? Only 6.2 on imdb..."

User ratings in general are something that sounds good in theory but usually end up being pretty shit.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Starting at midnight, the power will be turned off in my home county for a few days, so I won't be available for anything after today.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Kiryu2012 wrote:Starting at midnight, the power will be turned off in my home county for a few days, so I won't be available for anything after today.
Everyone laugh at the People's Republic of California

In seriousness I do hope this passes without anything bad happening. Is cutting the power to avoid wildfires a common occurence or is it just now in the wake of the Camp Fire that they're doing it?

Added in 13 hours 46 minutes 18 seconds:
Hey when did "Ooga Booga" become "Unga Bunga" it's been bothering me for a little while
Last edited by G2000 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

G2000 wrote: Hey when did "Ooga Booga" become "Unga Bunga" it's been bothering me for a little while
Unga Bunga is for cavemen, Ooga Booga is for witch doctor masks.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I think I finally understand what's wrong with my family. All they care about is money.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Kiryu2012 wrote:Starting at midnight, the power will be turned off in my home county for a few days, so I won't be available for anything after today.
Oof. My area isn't affected YET. Near us is though. The short version of all this is that the executives of PG&E are absolutely incompetent. After the San Bruno explosion, the recent MASSIVE WILDFIRE caused by faulty power lines of theirs, spending lots of money on ads highlighting how much they "care about their communities" (not the executives in the ads though, the workers. Which is weird because no one blamed the workers for any of this to my knowledge.)

And now a good number of homes across California will be without power, internet, all that for up to a week. I hope everyone stays safe because that's some purge shit.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Fish Cakes wrote:
Oof. My area isn't affected YET. Near us is though. The short version of all this is that the executives of PG&E are absolutely incompetent. After the San Bruno explosion, the recent MASSIVE WILDFIRE caused by faulty power lines of theirs, spending lots of money on ads highlighting how much they "care about their communities" (not the executives in the ads though, the workers. Which is weird because no one blamed the workers for any of this to my knowledge.)

And now a good number of homes across California will be without power, internet, all that for up to a week. I hope everyone stays safe because that's some purge poop.
I'll miss you. Hope everyone is ok in California
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I can not find a good HQ scan of MUTO Prime's profile for my MONARCH Files fan videos. And it's driving me crazy.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

The fact that everyone needs to play Devil's Advocate with politics nowadays. I bitched about the right during Obama's 8 years. Let me bitch about the left now. I'm well aware that the root problem is people being sore losers with elections.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Darth Kiryu wrote:The fact that everyone needs to play Devil's Advocate with politics nowadays. I bitched about the right during Obama's 8 years. Let me bitch about the left now. I'm well aware that the root problem is people being sore losers with elections.
Hear hear.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I was annoyed but then I decided it's not really something I need to rant on about online. Move on!
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Is it me? Somebody tell me it's not just me who's questioning this! Why does Wikipedia constantly need 2 bucks to thrive for years to come...and then they need two more a couple months later.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Been awake for 40-odd hours with precious little to show for it and all the little annoyances are adding up.

It seems recently that a few sites that were once readily accessible to the public have now suddenly and with little warning turned to actively making it harder to use if not a member or while logged out. Why? Is it just that we're easier to datamine when registered or what

Added in 1 day 23 hours 17 minutes 32 seconds:
My inability to stop thinking unwanted thoughts until they become an obsession
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Dating. I know I'm attractive, kind, and stable enough to be a really good girlfriend, but it seems everyone I'm compatible with is only dating for hook-ups, polyamorous (totes respected, just not me), or way too masculine for me to find any attraction in them. I hate how many college kids there are around here too.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Fish Cakes wrote:Dating. I know I'm attractive, kind, and stable enough to be a really good girlfriend, but it seems everyone I'm compatible with is only dating for hook-ups, polyamorous (totes respected, just not me), or way too masculine for me to find any attraction in them. I hate how many college kids there are around here too.
it's worse when you're an introvert with horrid communication skills on top of all that
your source of self destruction