What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Spuro
Keizer

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by Spuro »

g2vd wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:Grown adults who throw tantrums over the tiniest of inconveniences. -_-
Glorious majestic insightful meaningful flawless beautiful exquisite from glorious Social commentator Eric Powell!!!
Oh, I don't mean complaining about airport security or th economy from the safety of one's car. I'm talking full on, toddler level temper tantrums in public spaces.

- A woman at a deli thinks she has the wrong kind of meat (it was later found out that she had exactly what she had asked for all along), and responds by throwing the bag of meat at an employee, screaming at the top of her lungs, and storming out the door while leaving a cart full of groceries behind.

- A man in a restaurant gets a wrong order. He responds by standing up and shouting at the restaurant manager for about ten minutes before storming out, standing outside the door, and screaming to random strangers to not eat at the restaurant for another half hour.

- A woman at walmart begins shouting obscenity in front of parents and young children because an employee hadn't heard her the first time. She storms out of the store in a huff.

I witnessed these all within a week. One week. All three of these were incredibly minor incidents that could have been easily solved if not for these grown-ass middle-aged adults acting like self-entitled attention whores.

Real life is WORSE than what KOM depicts. :facepalm:
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
g2vd wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:Grown adults who throw tantrums over the tiniest of inconveniences. -_-
Glorious majestic insightful meaningful flawless beautiful exquisite from glorious Social commentator Eric Powell!!!
Oh, I don't mean complaining about airport security or th economy from the safety of one's car. I'm talking full on, toddler level temper tantrums in public spaces.

- A woman at a deli thinks she has the wrong kind of meat (it was later found out that she had exactly what she had asked for all along), and responds by throwing the bag of meat at an employee, screaming at the top of her lungs, and storming out the door while leaving a cart full of groceries behind.

- A man in a restaurant gets a wrong order. He responds by standing up and shouting at the restaurant manager for about ten minutes before storming out, standing outside the door, and screaming to random strangers to not eat at the restaurant for another half hour.

- A woman at walmart begins shouting obscenity in front of parents and young children because an employee hadn't heard her the first time. She storms out of the store in a huff.

I witnessed these all within a week. One week. All three of these were incredibly minor incidents that could have been easily solved if not for these grown-ass middle-aged adults acting like self-entitled attention whores.
My God...Disgusting.
Kaiju-King42 wrote:Real life is WORSE than what KOM depicts.
Still not even close. :lol:
Godzilla

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

When you come up with an idea...only to find that it already exists. Sure, none of my ideas have a chance of becoming a thing, but still.

jackzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by jackzilla »

This is one of my biggest pet peeves:

Person Asks Me A Question

Me: I guess.

Person: WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU GUESS?!

I friggin hate that.
LONG LIVE THE KING

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

jackzilla wrote:This is one of my biggest pet peeves:

I friggin hate that.
Yea, me too. I guess.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Castellan Zilla wrote:

I friggin hate that.
Yea, me too. I guess.
Well, answer the question like an adult rather than a teenage child.

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

goji89 wrote:
Castellan Zilla wrote:

I friggin hate that.
Yea, me too. I guess.
That's a lot coming from you. Also, there's no question.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Young Guy wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Castellan Zilla wrote:
Yea, me too. I guess.
That's a lot coming from you. Also, there's no question.
I guess.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Son of a bitch broke into my uncle's house while he was moving my cousin into to her college apartment . Stole his tv and my little cousins ps4.

People like that need a ass beating.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote:Son of a bitch broke into my uncle's house while he was moving my cousin into to her college apartment . Stole his tv and my little cousins ps4.

People like that need a ass beating.
Hell yeah. I mean the shit people steal is crazy. Man that sucks bad part is most never get caught the bastards.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

The RNG system in Overwatch. So the Summer Games cosmetics are revealed. Okay, cool. There's a lot of great-looking Legendary skins, emotes, and whatnot.

Then it turns out that the only way you can get them is through the Loot Box system, which is, essentially, a slot machine. You can't buy anything with in-game currency and there's a fairly big chance that you get duplicates in your loot box. I missed the first week when I was in New York, so I grinded my ass for the past two weeks for loot boxes since I refuse to spend real money on them. All I wanted was the damn Widowmaker medal victory pose. Apparently the game thought it better to give me duplicate Zenyatta victory poses constantly.

At least I got the Tricolore skin, even though Winter is still by far my favorite skin for Widowmaker. I'm more worried that Blizzard is going to adopt this practice for every seasonal event (I'm certain they made a fortune with people spending money on loot boxes). If the only way I can get Halloween costumes is by a RNG crate system that I could theoretically spend hundreds on without getting what I want, then I'll be majorly disappointed.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

When people complain about others ignoring their posts. Deflate the ego, you're not in a presidential debate here.
2004Zilla wrote:The RNG system in Overwatch. So the Summer Games cosmetics are revealed. Okay, cool. There's a lot of great-looking Legendary skins, emotes, and whatnot.

Then it turns out that the only way you can get them is through the Loot Box system, which is, essentially, a slot machine. You can't buy anything with in-game currency and there's a fairly big chance that you get duplicates in your loot box. I missed the first week when I was in New York, so I grinded my ass for the past two weeks for loot boxes since I refuse to spend real money on them. All I wanted was the damn Widowmaker medal victory pose. Apparently the game thought it better to give me duplicate Zenyatta victory poses constantly.

At least I got the Tricolore skin, even though Winter is still by far my favorite skin for Widowmaker. I'm more worried that Blizzard is going to adopt this practice for every seasonal event (I'm certain they made a fortune with people spending money on loot boxes). If the only way I can get Halloween costumes is by a RNG crate system that I could theoretically spend hundreds on without getting what I want, then I'll be majorly disappointed.
I think what's worse is that you're practically guaranteed a Summer item in every box, which sounds good on paper but usually means you'll end up with twenty five sprays/player icons or duplicates of said player icons and sprays. I wish you could choose to just take a normal loot box instead of these dumb promos.

Futurian

Post by 3000 »

Waiting for telelphone calls. Dunno why but having to wait on a phone call is havoc on my nerves lol
Member of TK Since 2006

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

After hearing soo much hype, I tried with the Pokemon XY Anime. And tried for 5 episodes.

While a huge improvement over the original series, it's overwhelming positive attitude along side a "WE CAN DO IT" drive, plus obnoxious and bright colors ... Yeah, still doesn't do anything and have absolutely no desire to go back to it.

So what gets on my nerves? Themes in kid's shows/anime being shoved down your throat appearntly. Gimme mai Derk & gurtty stuff.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

So I'm laying down perfectly normal than I feel something touch my ear before quickly going inside of it. and due to my "paranoia" I have a slight fear that it was some kind of bug. and it doesn't help that matter as the feeling kept traveling down like it was moving...and I still feel that sensation off and on and it's been about 7 Minutes since the incident.

It's probably nothing since and just a piece of dust as I've had that happen to me several times but still...

Though I can't fathom how it could get on my nerves...so random-ish.
Godzilla

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

currently getting my ass handed to me in monster hunter and am ready to throw my controller
your source of self destruction

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Was looking for Hellsing gifs to use when I found what is easily the sharpest gif of it I ever found.

Dem colors. It's at this point I realize, I really need to get a Blu-Ray player. Normal DVDs don't do it justice.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

This current trend in fiction that Heroes need to be dark and gritty anti heroes with an edge or villains to be interesting. I liked Boy scout Superman and Batman for what they are but I don't need Superman to act more like Batman.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Fear The Walking Dead's new episode....

Does that show live to insult it's viewer's intelligence?
Godzilla

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

I'm at school and I'm waaaaaaaaay too tired. That's what is getting on my nerves. Bleh. :/