What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by BlankAccount »

When you really want to tell someone something like I don't know, Rifftrax coming to your theater, but before you can they tell you some bad news that is happening in their life. How are you supposed to follow up on that? You'll come off as an insensitive ass who isn't listening. You pretty much have to not share the not important in the grand scheme of things thing.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I rendered my Destroy All Monsters project and, as usual, gave it a watch to make sure everything looked okay. There were only two problems, and tiny ones at that (small enough that they hadn't been visible on the preview screen in Vegas), but it meant having to re-render the entire project, which at the quality I'm using takes 10-12 hours.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I hate how fucking jaded and shallow I have become. I mean an animated Godzilla movie is announced and I can't feel happy or excited about it cause it's 3D and not hand drawn. I dunno, I think seeing stuff like say Battra Larval's eye and horn lasers done in this style would look amazing, Godzilla is a pretty stylized franchise already and would fit in.

I'm hoping I can get over it, as it is pretty trival, and enjoy it. I'm not against 3D animation, hell Resident Evil: Damnation is one of my favorite movies ever. I just feel like didn't we already get this with the past two films? A CG Godzilla?

Sorry if I'm bumming anyone out, I don't mean to rain on parades but something has gone wrong with me down the line when we get something new Godzilla related and I feel jaded instead of excited.

Futurian

Post by 3000 »

^I feel you, man.

Hand drawn 4 lyfe
Member of TK Since 2006

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Well considering its the clone wars crew working on Godzilla it should look fine.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I imagine it'll look fine, but a 2D Godzilla cartoon that's not corny as hell or based on Emmerich's mess would be great. You're not the only one who's sort of disappointed.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

ToxicLove
Interpol Agent

Post by ToxicLove »

The Godzilla fandom after G'14 in general, making my predictions sadly come true.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

ToxicLove wrote:The Godzilla fandom after G'14 in general, making my predictions sadly come true.
How so?
Godzilla

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The Godzilla civil war I predicted came true for the most part.

Fandom civil wars are the stupidest thing a fan has to face.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

miguelnuva wrote:The Godzilla civil war I predicted came true for the most part.

Fandom civil wars are the stupidest thin a fan has to face.
Mispellings get on my nerves.
(I know what I did. ;) )
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

miguelnuva wrote:The Godzilla civil war I predicted came true for the most part.

Civil War? what Civil War?
Godzilla

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

g2vd wrote:

Basically it was your either a legendary Godzilla fan or a Toho/Shin Gojira fan.

It was smaller in scale but it still happened.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

miguelnuva wrote:
g2vd wrote:

Basically it was your either a legendary Godzilla fan or a Toho/Shin Gojira fan.

Ah, this was in the 2016 Subforum, yes?

Or some other site?
Godzilla

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

miguelnuva wrote: Basically it was your either a legendary Godzilla fan or a Toho/Shin Gojira fan.

Well that's just stupid. Legendary Goji isn't gonna be one film. I'm willing to bet years down the line both the Shin and Legendary series are gonna have films on both sides that are liked and disliked. The more films you have, the less likely they are all gonna be loved.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

There was a new(er) video of the 1997 Jarrell, Texas tornado uploaded on a central Texas news website in May, but after e-mailing them about interest in obtaining it, I learned that their policy doesn't even allow licensing or distribution for private use.

EDIT: in interest of keeping my actions to myself, I'm just removing the spoiler.
Last edited by Missingno. on Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

ToxicLove
Interpol Agent

Post by ToxicLove »

I think because I knew that Legendary, obviously being more heavily exposed in America would result in a flood of "G14 is bestest evuuur" posts to the point of ridiculing, mocking, and sneering at the remaining 29 films in the legacy.

I have no qualms about G14 (aside from the average nitpicks one might have about the film) and I love the design, but to single out and love one entry out of a 60 year long franchise? And dismiss all the others as trash? That's frankly upsetting, especially when there's so much to take in terms of history.

I noticed it especially during Shin's announcements. Everything I loved (and Japan seems to as well) seems to be derided and mocked by posts of varying grammatical structure and thought. Now, I'm not saying Shin is to be universally loved. I myself love G v Hedorah, and that film polarizes people 40 years after the damn fact. Nor am I saying there is one way to enjoy Godzilla.

After G14 came out, people complained that the marketing misled them and introduced a sub-par Showa film with Cloverfield monsters. Now Shin is apparently a boring stand-alone with a quirky Godzilla instead of a good ol' fashioned brawler.

It seems people always want the opposite of what they get. It is a tad upsetting, because instead of sharing in more of the joy I thought these 2 simultaneously running series would provide for the fanbase, I'm filled with bitterness and slight resignation. :lol:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

ToxicLove wrote:I think because I knew that Legendary, obviously being more heavily exposed in America would result in a flood of "G14 is bestest evuuur" posts to the point of ridiculing, mocking, and sneering at the remaining 29 films in the legacy.

I have no qualms about G14 (aside from the average nitpicks one might have about the film) and I love the design, but to single out and love one entry out of a 60 year long franchise? And dismiss all the others as trash? That's frankly upsetting, especially when there's so much to take in terms of history.

I noticed it especially during Shin's announcements. Everything I loved (and Japan seems to as well) seems to be derided and mocked by posts of varying grammatical structure and thought. Now, I'm not saying Shin is to be universally loved. I myself love G v Hedorah, and that film polarizes people 40 years after the damn fact. Nor am I saying there is one way to enjoy Godzilla.

After G14 came out, people complained that the marketing misled them and introduced a sub-par Showa film with Cloverfield monsters. Now Shin is apparently a boring stand-alone with a quirky Godzilla instead of a good ol' fashioned brawler.

It seems people always want the opposite of what they get. It is a tad upsetting, because instead of sharing in more of the joy I thought these 2 simultaneously running series would provide for the fanbase, I'm filled with bitterness and slight resignation. :lol:
That happens with everything. There are people who refuse to watch a film unless it's Hollywood and big budget and every other movie is "inferior" to the Hollywood version. It's like the stupid everything "Murica" is the best mindset. We got this shit with Godzilla 98.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Grown adults who throw tantrums over the tiniest of inconveniences. -_-
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

g2vd wrote:

The anime wars apparently. :lol:

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Grown adults who throw tantrums over the tiniest of inconveniences. -_-

Glorious majestic insightful meaningful flawless beautiful exquisite from glorious Social commentator Eric Powell!!!

This random TK post of the day was brought to you by me.
Godzilla