The Dreams thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
G-Matt
Futurian

Re: The Dreams thread

Post by G-Matt »

OK, for the second time within a week I've dreamt about meeting a celebrity, this time Yumiko Shaku. And again, I had to wake up to reality.

I hate my life.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Post by Godzilla The King »

Mine was weird...as in my school's reaction.

Apparently some sort of world-ending war started between the US and someone else and this was presumably just before world would end. My school, doing something only dipshits would do, ordered us to GO TO ROOMS THAT ARE GROUND LEVEL AND NOT SOME BUNKER OR SHIT. Sad thing is, I could see my school doing this. They treated us like 5 year olds saying things like "clap your hands 12 times so the defense system works." But they let us a roam the halls. On a lighter note, I kissed a girl I like in this dream, probably a "oh my God, we're gonna die" kind of thing. She seemed to like it.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

Red Hunter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Red Hunter »

I hardly dream normal things, most of them make me feel strange when I wake up.
The last one: a party in my house (my house is small and I have nothing to make a party here). Cellbit was there (wth) and a model of my city were here too (wth²). There were people inside the dog kennel, and later, people stole my mom's car and wnet running through the street.......wth³
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Don't read this. You did, see ya in hell

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

I had another last night. I barely remember any of it, except that part of it involved driving a large truck through a forest, mowing down trees as I went; another part involved sneaking around an oil refinery/luxury hotel in the middle of nowhere, killing guards with a silenced pistol, before being captured and tortured by Kylo Ren.
Last edited by G2000 on Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Okay, had a series of strange dreams this week. Several were political in nature, in a very loose sense.

The first I can remember is a nightmare. It followed a pattern rather similar to several I've had before; I'm starting to think being trapped in my house with danger outside always threatening to break in is a deep-seated fear of mine.

This particular dream involved a family (not mine, though) trapped inside my house at night. This....blackness was lurking outside. Just utter, formless blackness. It had consumed most of the neighborhood and was now advancing on the house. All the lights on and in the house were on, because that was the only thing that could ward it off, but all the doors still needed to be locked to keep the thing from coming in.

A man in a business suit locked the front and both garage doors, and a young, red-haired woman and a little boy (I'm not sure if the woman was the boy's mother or big sister - I seemed to think one or the other at different parts of the dream) raced to lock the back door. The lights out back were on, which I guess held the blackness back some, but as the two tried to close the door, it reached for them. It grabbed the woman and seemed to engulf her -

And then the dream cut to a small, white, somewhat dirty room with a few chairs, carpeted floors. The woman was there, along with another person - a tall, bald man in black robes with some sort of pattern on them. He spoke with the woman, telling her that she was inside the blackness. He then offered her a choice of joining....something, I don't know what, or dying. The woman steadfastly refused to join. Monstrous, clawed hands descended from "offscreen" and lifted the now-screaming woman out of view. A ludicrous shower of blood covered the robed man -

And then the dream cut back to my house, specifically a rearranged version of our living room. The woman was alive, awake and (relatively) well, laying on the couch with a bandage wrapped around her head. Evidently, the darkness had managed to assault her mind, but the boy had pulled her away from it before any major damage could be done. The man in the business suit from earlier sat in a chair across from her, talking about something I don't remember. Dream ends.

The next night was several dreams in one.

- First one involved my family living in a large penthouse apartment on top of a ludicrously tall building in a very dark deco looking city (think Tim Burton's Gotham at night). From the window, one could see buildings that weren't in the same city, like the Willis Tower and the Empire State Building sitting side-by side. I was doing laundry in this apartment, but the washing machine and dryer were sitting at least 20 - 30 feet above the floor on this slick granite platform with no railing. As I became afraid of falling, my parents began to argue.

- Second one dealt with a family living in a dingy one-room house. A guy probably in his late teens, early twenties finds out that his little sister is sleeping with a much older man (portrayed by Stephen King). The man lay in wait for the old man, and leapt out at him when he entered. The young man recognized the older man as King, who told him not to "break character." The young man then stabbed King to death with a pencil.

- Was reading the news in a future where Bernie Sanders became President and, somehow, had become a complete dictator, with the ability to interpret the Constitution and make laws on his own without the need of Congress or the Supreme Court. The article I was reading was breaking news, saying that Supreme Leader Sanders had reinterpreted the Second Amendment, saying that the individual had no right to bear arms, or even to defend themselves whatsoever.

Instead, he interpreted the "well-regulated militia" to mean a paramilitary secret police force that liked to shoot first and often beat and tortured suspects. I went to various sites to gauge reactions; Tumblr and Reddit were pretty much cheering it all around, with few exceptions; a good deal of 4chan was up in arms (literally); and here, the reaction was mainly disappointment among Bernie supporters, particularly NSZ, who genuinely felt hurt and personally betrayed (I think this is because I remember him being particularly vocal about police violence).

- Final dream was Donald Trump sitting on a red foldable chair in the deserted parking lot of my high school, staring at the "camera" (for lack of a better term) with that smirk of his on his face. Text began to rapidly scroll across his face; they were YouTube comments, and Trump began to read them in a variety of voices, shape shifting into forms that evidently "fit" the comments. The only form I remember was "Jon": a tanned man in a denim shirt and khakis, who spoke in a computerized voice (his mouth did not move) and vibrated violently.

Suddenly a video opened in front of Trump (he was still visible in the background). It was evidently an animated Dungeons & Dragons metal opera. It opened with the first person-view of the protagonist approaching a young woman in a tavern, who looked just like Sheila from the D&D cartoon from the eighties. The protagonist first complimented Sheila on her looks, before asking her about a plague going on in her city.

I'd like to call attention to that it was a metal opera, so everything was sung and there were tons of instruments playing. I remember the music itself was pretty okay, but the
lyrics were kinda sucky and forced, and while I remember them (there were only two lines sung, anyway) I won't post them.

Anyway, before Sheila could answer, the video closed, bringing us back to Trump in the parking lot. The scrolling text had stopped, as had the shapeshifting; instead, Trump wore this emotionless expression and was completely silent. Trump stared blankly into the "camera" for a while longer before I woke up and the dream ended.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

My weird dreams are back.

One was that I was at an indoor school in a bright sunny area atop a hill and was walking through the hall nearest to the front, giving me a nice view to the outside. The halls were still kind of grey for some reason. I was with a a few friends (that is by far the weirdest thing about this dream :lol: ); maybe three or four but I can't remember.

Then we were under the bleachers talking about something that was absolute nonsense. It could have been a debate or mindless banter, but we were talking and there was a sport with people throwing objects over hurdles was going on and the bleachers we were sitting under were packed.

Then we go back to the walk through the halls. We happened to look outside to a billboard/sign that announced something in pink letters. Behind it, Freddy of Nightmare on Elm Street fame was... killing someone? It's not clear. But as soon as we spotted it, the school went into full panic mode and people were running out the school screaming and trying to get into their cars and casually defying the laws of physics by running in mid-air and warping to different points of the car. Also, the sports stadium had people flooding out as well, so I don't know how the middle segment relates to anything.

As I got to the car, I realized a friend was back in the school and ran back to get them. I somehow ran a hundred feet within the span of thirty seconds and with three steps. I got them as Freddy was trying to get them on the school's lawn, we get back in the car easily and start to drive away.

The dream closed with someone in a black car ramming Freddy into the sign while loudly announcing "INHALE MY DONG!"

The next one involved four people sitting around a table outside a Starbucks, a salt and pepper haired but fit guy, a young guy in a green long coat, a skinny Asian guy and a fat guy. They were yammering on about energy and their speech was very stilted, like some kids at a school play.

Then Blackout from the Transformers movies lands and transformed nearby and the quartet started talking quietly about Decepticons. The fat one pulls out a gun and aims at Blackout, which causes Blackout to shoot at them and suddenly movie Optimus Prime, Drift, Crosshairs and Hound all emerged whilst the humans disappeared (holograms? The robots might have transformed from them, somehow growing in size) Hound was the only one seemingly willing to fight and he got part of his leg blown off just as the whole area flooded and the Transformers seemed to ride the waves while they fight.

Hound then anticlimactically killed Blackout with a shot to the chest and, while the area is still full of oceanic blue water, Optimus asked him if he's okay because he got part of his leg blown off. Drift seemed to be the only one concerned about the flood, or maybe he was just slipping and sliding for comedy value.
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I was walking through my neighborhood with a couple of guys. Friends? My brothers? I'm not sure. Spotted these fake silver coins and picked them up. We ran into this little girl who was playing, she asked "Have you seen my coins?" and I said no as I secretly put two of them in my pocket. She didn't seem to notice. Then the two guys suggested to the girl that we go to Carl's Jr. "We're gonna walk to Carl's Jr?" I asked. "Yeah," one of the boys replied. "Isn't that far away?" the guys shrugged. It was around then I noticed a ton more fake silver coins scattered about the sidewalk. For some reason, I wanted them. I contemplated staying behind so I could gather them without the girl noticing.

Then her parents pulled up in this big rig, listening to loud music and shouting. The guys and the little girl got in with them, and a few of the girl's siblings got out of the truck. They then drove off to Carl's Jr. The siblings were small like the girl and decided to hang out with me. I suddenly felt exhausted, so we began walking the short walk to my house. It was as if my boyfriend lived across the street from me (I seemed to know this as fact in the dream), because we ran into his cat, Jersey, and two of my cats, who proceeded to follow me to my house. I remember not wanting the kids to come into the house, wanting to just go in with the cats and chill by myself. But I don't remember what happened when I got into the house, I may have woken up before doing so.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Another weird one for me.

It starts with the Pokémon Generation 3 player avatars (May and Brendan) walking down a dirt road, wearing weirdly dull versions of their usual outfit. They enter a town, trudging across a newly laid sidewalk and passing by an old looking brick building with graffito set in its center. A pan out shot reveals a dried up pool and three rows of vaguely Japanese towers, again looking like they had been put through the post apocalypse filter. May and Brendan enter the brick building, which is revealed to be a clothes shop of the sort that randomly piles clothes into a giant tub in the middle of its establishment. They get out and start talking about a tournament and talk about how different Mauville is (there is no resemblance to the Mauville of the game, by the way.) Then they come across Watson who rambles on about the city becoming a dump and to try and make it more attractive they are building a Universal Studios amusement park in the middle of it (what?) Oh, then Spongebob and Optimus Prime appear for no reason.

I cannot make sense of this dream at all. It starts somewhat bizarre and depressing, then takes a sudden turn for really damn weird.

Added in 10 hours 14 minutes 57 seconds:
Welcome back to "Weird Dreams, with EdGojira."

A week ago I dreamt that I had awoken at six in the morning, as I tend to do. Only I was in my old house, and it was identical to how I left it except the couches seemed to be the blue ones from when I was a child. Dream-me didn't seem to recognize this as anything unusual. I just went along with my morning as usual, and then a bus pulled up. It didn't have a district name or look like any school busses of the area and it was a bright, cartoony yellow. Not a speck of dirt anywhere.

I went out to investigate and, to my surprise, I was told to board it. In my dream universe and the real world, I had just graduated. Not only do they tell me that there's some sort of postgraduation school, but I was supposed to start two weeks ago but I missed the bus all up until now. (Note, missing that much school is the ultimate nightmare scenario to me this side of obvious other nightmare scenarios.) I gathered up my stuff and I boarded it. The bus on the inside was arranged more like a train, with seats along its sides and filling up corners and poles in the middle. There was also an island of seats in the center, around the poles.

The bus was packed with a mixture of fake people and people I recognized from high school. To fit all of this in, the bus must have been huge despite looking like a normal mini-bus from the outside. I sat uncomfortably between two other graduates and, before I go, they hand me a tablet with "options." Two were gibberish, one was "walk", the other "Slender." I was told that that last one meant "teleport." I didn't ask why we needed a bus if you could just hand out a teleport button. We went on our merry way through a ton of stops. The dream ended when we arrived at school.

The dream, oddly enough, had a follow-up.

In the "sequel", I was already into routine. I waited with my backpack until the bus arrived and boarded. I grabbed the tablet from under my seat and just cruise along on the bus but after an hour of stops, I, frankly, started to feel like I needed to urinate. I knew that there were even more stops ahead. Naturally, they hit a bumpy road next, making the feeling of needing to go worse. When I tried to talk to the driver, other people pulled me back into my seat and covered my mouth. I continued to need to go and try to get my mind off by looking out into the desert. I saw a bunch of water. I get trapped in this hell for an hour (or more) and knew there were more stops. I couldn't take it anymore and I grabbed the tablet, selecting the Slender/teleport option and disappeared in a cloud of darkness. I reappeared outside the restroom at school (confirmed to just be my high school) and stepped in. After I was done, I selected the teleport option and go back to my seat on the bus, where they tell me I should never select that option and everyone chided me. :?
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Last year I had a dream where I met Tiffany Grant, the dub voice of Asuka in Evangelion and Dr. Nagamine in the Gamera trilogy. I had her sign a couple of Gamera stuff and my NGE DVD box set. Man, I'd do anything to get her sign my Gamera trilogy Blu-ray set in real life.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

I had a dream where I was running at full speed and I started doing front flips like a frikkin pro Olympian.

And here's one with a dark tone to it: (DUN DUN DUUUUUN)
I was being hunted by some crazy dude with a frikkin BAZOOKA!! I'm running for my life, ok, and this motherfxcker is shooting at me. I find a place to hide, but he still managed to find me. A tree falls (due to the bullet) right next to me and I get under it, praying he didn't see me. Then that's it, I woke up.

An even darker tone:
I was at a family reunion, and we were all playing a game where you won by literally surviving. There were about 15 people still remaining. I was outside taking a piss and I don't remember why I ended up running toward the front porch, but it happened. So I bust the door open and I step on a trip wire, I hear a bang, and then blackness. I woke up.
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

A few days ago, I had a dream where I was walking through my old high school, when I see my Dad and step Mother (who's a birch) standing in a hallway talking about something (I couldn't make out what they were saying, but it's not important) So, I go up to them and call my step Mother out for something she did in the past that I'd rather not discuss. So then, me and her began fighting all kung fu style. We fought for a bit, then I started to call for Spider-Man to come help me out. so Spider-Man came, webbed her up and took her away to who knows where. then I went outside, got into a car with Thor and Miles Morales and drove off. then I said the following: "thor, you're one hell of a god! I'll pray to you anytime." It's at that point when I woke up.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:A few days ago, I had a dream where I was walking through my old high school, when I see my Dad and step Mother (who's a birch) standing in a hallway talking about something (I couldn't make out what they were saying, but it's not important) So, I go up to them and call my step Mother out for something she did in the past that I'd rather not discuss. So then, me and her began fighting all kung fu style. We fought for a bit, then I started to call for Spider-Man to come help me out. so Spider-Man came, webbed her up and took her away to who knows where. then I went outside, got into a car with Thor and Miles Morales and drove off. then I said the following: "thor, you're one hell of a god! I'll pray to you anytime." It's at that point when I woke up.
You have had undoubtly the greatest dream any person has ever had literally there is no comparison..it is simply perfect.

Why can't I get dreams like that...I wanna do Karate... :cry:
Godzilla

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

g2vd wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:A few days ago, I had a dream where I was walking through my old high school, when I see my Dad and step Mother (who's a birch) standing in a hallway talking about something (I couldn't make out what they were saying, but it's not important) So, I go up to them and call my step Mother out for something she did in the past that I'd rather not discuss. So then, me and her began fighting all kung fu style. We fought for a bit, then I started to call for Spider-Man to come help me out. so Spider-Man came, webbed her up and took her away to who knows where. then I went outside, got into a car with Thor and Miles Morales and drove off. then I said the following: "thor, you're one hell of a god! I'll pray to you anytime." It's at that point when I woke up.
You have had undoubtly the greatest dream any person has ever had literally there is no comparison..it is simply perfect.

Why can't I get dreams like that...I wanna do Karate... :cry:

The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma. :mrgreen:
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I had a dream where the Decepticons from Bayformers invaded, and I surrendered to Megatron under the condition that I could fight as one of his soldiers. Unfortunately that meant that they'd carve up my body and install me into the chassis of a "willing" volunteer. I remember being in a perpetual state of agony, like my skin and nerves being on fire probably from the Energon being pumped through me. A battle happened in which I proved to be a capable combatant, but I ended up being severely wounded. Last I remember was being dragged into a table in a repair bay with other dead or dying Decepticons, and my robot and organic body was so badly beat up that my robot head falls off and I begin shutting down :freak:

Silas in TFP had it easy. It started out as being a relatively cool dream that quickly turned into a body-horror nightmare.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Had an MLP-based dream where I was watching a new episode featuring Discord, where a bunch of characters came to Discord's house to help take care of the place and watch over Discord. Things were going good at first, but at some point Discord went crazy for some odd reason and started chasing the characters around. Discord chased one of them(this fella closely resembling Jonathon Joestar for some reason) out the front door, and Jojo suddenly sprouted blades all across his body and slashed Discord's face and neck, causing Discord to pass out from blood loss. When he woke up, Fluttershy was there and told Discord what she had been told by the other characters, causing Discord to feel really guilty.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

I had some sort of Nightmare last night about my OCD returning BIG time to the point where nothing I could do would stop it.

It felt pretty real I have to say from what I remember of it.
Godzilla

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

Zombie dream in a mansion. Scary. Case closed.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I had a dream that Walt Disney murdered me with an ice pick. I don't even know what to say about that.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

I think my love for meteorology is really getting to me in different ways. Early this morning's dream had me to the point where I could say I was in fear of a storm for once.

The dream involved me being in Jarrell, Texas on May 27, 1997, the day an F5 tornado (the most recent in Texas) hit the northwestern portion of town. I was watching the tornado as it widened from its rope-like stage into the wedge form. As it slowly drew closer, I ran in one of the houses (that exactly resembled mine) on the eastern portion of the tornado path, and took cover in the bathroom, as it lacks a basement. Then the situation started to become worse, as the roar of the storm grew louder as it slowly came closer and closer. Not much later, the house went, to which all I could do was watch as it practically disintegrated as I could now see the interior of the tornado, and then everything went to black. It was after this that I woke up from that dream.

It felt so real, it was legitimately terrifying. My heart was racing when I woke up, so obviously my mind thought it was real, too...
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Two dreams last night.

The first involved me using the Internet before I was suddenly brought into some Valve game, and I was then standing in front of a tree where all these Pootisbirds sat on. The Heavies all just stared at me for a moment before suddenly lunging at me to eat me, but I instantly exited the game just as they jumped at me.

The second dream involved me and two of my buddies hanging out at my grandma's place, and we were going to see a new episode of MLP. I even pinched myself in my dream and thought it was real, but I woke up after a moment into my dream.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA