The Dreams thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Dreams thread

Post by eabaker »

Last night, I dreamed that a couple of my friends were driving all over Hollywood hitting all the local book and poster stores (of which there are far fewer than when I was a kid, sadly) trying to find promotional photos for Meshes of the Afternoon.

EDIT: And I just found out that another friend of mine (not either of the ones featured in the dream) watched Meshes of the Afternoon yesterday!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

nah, no
Last edited by G2000 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I had a nightmare. Kind of similar to what G2000 experienced in the sense that I was alone at my house during the night. I'm waiting for my brother to get home, but neither my mom or dad are home, and I believe something is very wrong. The phone rings and I answer it. On the other end, I hear what sounds like someone screaming, as though the person is being murdered. So I freak out and try to call the police. Nobody answers. Unfortunately, I start hearing what sounds like groaning from under the house. I go to my parents' bedroom and hide under the bed, waiting for someone to come home.

Eventually I heard someone's footsteps on the porch, and it turned out to be my brother. He looked panicked and was pounding on the sliding glass door, begging to be let in. I do so. As I open the door, and he rushes in, I close the door and I see something was walking up the porch steps at a quick pace. It looked like a grey, shriveled corpse. It had long, scraggly hair, glowing eyes and it walked with a gait. But it was *quick.* I lock the door for some reason, grab a sawed-off shotgun (which I do not own in reality), and ask my brother what's going on. He just says "Everyone is being taken by the dead."

I cock the shotgun and step out of the house, preparing to take out anybody or anything that got in the way (which is the exact opposite of how I would feel in such a scenario). I woke up shortly after with a cold shiver. It was the freakiest post-nightmare bodily reaction I can remember in a while.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Had a couple weird ones the past few nights. Can't remember too much, but what I do I've written down.
- Fake alien invasion. Aliens looked sort of like a cross between the Watchmen squid and the Reapers from Mass Effect. Were engineered as part of some weird scheme for world domination. Brief attack with lasers on Los Angeles, New York, and Disneyworld, of all places.

- The world domination plot was interrupted by a nightmarish bit that I can only describe as Junji Ito: The County Fair. People with hideous pustules, bloated bodies, and all other forms of body horror on display. The displays got loose, attacking and infecting people all around. Someone burned the whole place down at the end, thank God.

- World domination plot picked back up. U.S. forces defeated the "aliens" and discovered the plot, which had evidently been cooked up by corrupt executives and gov't officials based out Manila, of trying to set up a worldwide tyrannical oligarchy. U.S. and Filipino authorities prepare to apprehend the them, and that's when the dream went crazy-awesome.

The Oligarchs launched a giant flying weapons platform that they had been hiding underground, and prepared to fly to California and bomb the San Andreas fault to trigger bad enough quakes to cause the state to split off (it was important to their plans somehow). The U.S. and Filipino armed forces launched an assault on the platform with fighter jets, UCAVs (looked a lot like X-47Bs), and anti-air missiles from both the ground and naval vessels. The fighters made a valiant effort, firing missile after missile and pulling off insane stunts dodging fire, but couldn't get a good shot in, and several were destroyed.

However, it turned out the military assault was merely a distraction for the real plan: land stealth VTOLs with special forces top of the damned thing, as that was where it's "weak spots" were located. And it worked. The soldiers and the VTOLs (which were armed with gatling-gun weapons of some sort) quickly destroyed the weak spot with gunfire and explosives, disabling the Platform. VTOLs pulled off as the soldiers wingsuited their way out of there. Platform crashed into the ocean, killing the Oligarchs.
Last edited by G2000 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

A couple days ago I had a dream where I was sitting at my dinning room table eating cookies, when suddenly a large bird swooped down and try to take my cookies! After several failed attempts, the bird gave up and perched itself on my lap, then it lade an egg. the egg fell off my lap and shattered to pieces on the floor. The bird got depressed, flew over to a toy bulldozer that was sitting in the middle of the living room floor and was transformed into a yellow plastic pig. Then I woke up
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Last night I a Godzilla dream, the first I've had in a while. Went to the movies to see a new Godzilla film, which was animated for some reason. Seemed to be a sequel to G2014, but some details had been altered, as shown in a recap at the beginning of the film. Evidently, the Janjira disaster was far worse, resulting in Tokyo being completely abandoned, the capital moved elsewhere; the general public became aware of Godzilla's existence sometime in the mid-2000s; the events of the film took place in 2012; and Godzilla's final battle with the MUTOs was longer and far more costly, resulting in the near-total destruction of San Francisco. All of this led to humanity having a much more antagonistic view of Godzilla and kaiju in general, resulting in a present day with fleets of maser tanks and aircraft, dedicated anti-kaiju naval vessels, biological and chemical weapons meant for monsters, etc. Don't remember anything else, except there was a brief documentary segment that was portrayed as an excerpt from a real documentary in-universe.

After I woke up this morning, I accidentally dosed off for a few minutes and had a brief, confused dream where I went to an Audi dealership, was antagonized by Federal agents (who left threatening voicemails, and physically intimidated me in public), and found a treasure trove of fetish art on DeviantART.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Something was moving across midwestern America, causing massive, earth-rending disasters, and enormous changes in weather and climate. I was trapped just to the east of the rockies, in a subzero blizzard, and forced to take shelter in an abandoned house as "it" fell on us. Right before bracing myself in the center of the house with every cushion I could find, I saw what looked like a jet-black twister with orbs and streaks of multicolored light moving through it.

When it hit, it acted rather like a tornado might, except, instead of outright destroying the house, it picked it up and swallowed it, causing. a great deal of structural twisting and warping, but leaving it otherwise intact. For the first minute or so, the house spun rapidly, making me a very unhappy (and very terrified) camper. Eventually, however, as it got higher, the ride evened out. As I eventually peered through one of the (broken) windows, I noted that the wind was only minor, and I could no longer see the ground or anything else. Instead, there was only a sort of grainy dimness below and to the side, along with the intermittant flickers from the funnel-cloud I was in. There was also a constant low, dicordant whirring noise.

I retreated back into the inside of the house in shock, and decided that I might as well die on a comfortably full stomach, retrieving food from the overturned, if still cold fridge.

After I'd eaten, I noticed that the house looked a little bit.... Odd. Rooms didn't have quite the same dimensions anymore. Lights weren't quite the same color. And hadn't the lights gone out when the house was torn off the ground? When I went to look back out, the distant dimnes was filled with enormous, blurry lights. They looked like a cross between nebulae and candle-flames. Very beautiful, but very eerie. At that point, I fainted within the dream, and "re-awoke" to find that while the outside looked much the same, the inside of the house had become like something out of a Doctor-Suess book. What hadn't been stretched and warped was outright abstract. Lamps were floating, glowing triangular prisms over ovaloids that seemed to contain swirling liquid metal or something of the sort. The capart appeared to be made of very fine hairs, which were swaying in a breeze that was not there. The ceiling was roughly 25 feet high, and both it and the walls were slanted.

It was at that point that I woke up, as something that I somehow knew to be dead demanded that I "look at it".

Very surreal and cool, but fairly scary.

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

I had a dream about me being at my dad's old old apartment late at night, when Godzilla 1954 was slowly making his way towards the building. I didn't leave, too scared to move, when he stopped and looked inside the window at me. He roared that one roar he makes right before he dies in the film (Which scares the stuff outta me sometimes) and then that's all I remember. There are always dreams that occur in my dad's old old apartment but this may be my favorite.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I had a dream about an eerie world desolated by atomic war, and during my travel across the land, I come across a raggedy ol one horned disfigured dude and we travel across the land, through giant dandelions until we come across a valley full of raggedy ol demon dudes bein miserable around some red water, then the one horned dude chases me
Suuuuuure was crazy :P
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

I remember having a weird dream a long time ago about some kind of animated Godzilla movie. It started out like 2014 and then Godzilla came out of a mountain. He went on a rampage in Tokyo and then Spacegodzilla came down and there was a fight. That's all I remember.
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

I dreamt that normal Heisei Rodan came out of Spacegodzilla's stomach while Gigan 2004 (with styches), Megalon, Orga, and Megaguirus stared in shock. And Kiryugoji, DAM Anguirus, and FW Rodan were just chuckling in embarrassment.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Dr Mario
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dr Mario »

Last night my mind was decided I had gone long enough without a dream and gave me a dream that was weird but no too bat shit insane.

It started out in the part of my town I lived in when I was a toddler before we moved the house I am in now but with a few differences, in realife the street is flat in the middle of town and there was one house on the left of my old house which was the last one on the street in my dream there was extra house on the end and it was an uphill street and everyone in my friendship group.

The first half of the dream we were dressed up as stereotypical skaters and we were smoking weed with Jim Jefferies who would randomly appear throughout the gym to crack a few jokes and then disappear, anyway towards the halfway point the same car kept driving up and down the street it eventually parked at the house next my house and out stepped my friend Nathan's dad who in real life and the dream died of alcohol poisoning but came back from the dead and brought the house next to mine... but we just shrugged it off because of the weed. Anyway in the second part we saw on the news that some people had been murdered in the next street over, now for some reason it seemed like despite the fact we are all fifteenth they all seemed to be at my house a hundred percent of the time and aside from Nathan's mum and dad who in the dream were separated and neither lived with Nathan. Anyway I saw a car coming out of Nathan's dad's garage and the person in the car wasn't him, so for some reason I consulted Nathan's mother who's house was my sister's room when she still lived with me and my mother. Anyway I asked her if she had been to see her ex-husband despite the person call clearly being a man and she said no and was shocked when I told about the man in the car. So me and my friends decided that instead of going over and checking on Nathan's dad that it was the murder that killed those people so we decided to investigate a nearby prison that is not in the real life town but first we played an Virtual Reality fps game that looked like a mix of TF2 and Halo. Anyway we wanted and investigated the prison where our friend Jacob got lured in a Prison cell and was gangbanged by what we called a pack of Wild Africans despite the fact that out of the eight people that he got fucked by only one of them was black and instead of helping him we just laughed while Jim Jefferies cracked some jokes about that. Eventually we got bored of watching it and left him to get fucked, we climbed up onto the roof and admired the view and then the dream ended.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Had a dream I was going to school (sort of, definitely not how it actually appears). For some reason, they were showing Invasion of Astro Monster in the auditorium. While I was travelling there,
Spoiler:
there was this hot girl with black hair and a red-and-black dress who was sorta rubbing up on me, and there might've been passive flirting exchanged. (I know exactly why this was part of my dream though.)
We then watched Invasion of Astro Monster, and I realized I may have forgotten my binder for some reason.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Then, I was watching an actually fairly disturbing show about an old woman who dies and goes to the afterlife, only to find that it is a completely depopulated version of the suburban town she lived in. She wanders aimlessly for some time, desperate to find anybody to spend her time with. Eventually, she realizes that she has been condemned to total loneliness for eternity, and breaks down in her kitchen.

Suddenly, a man appeared before her. Not like materialized or anything - he just walked around the corner like he'd always been there. He looked something like a young Sydney Poitier, and wore a camel overcoat over a black three-button suit. He spoke to the woman, and while I did not understand what he said, it seemed only to break her spirit even more. He turned and left, and the woman began sobbing. The show ended.
Last edited by G2000 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

^ Trust me, what I experienced last night made absolutely no god damn sense.

The details are rather vague, but I remember something involving a panda, Star Wars Rebels characters, mole people, Carnotaurus, the YouTuber BestInSlot, MLP characters in some sort of AU where they run a delivery company that I was working for, and then at the end everything seemed to turn into one of those harem animes.

The gist of what happened: Me, my mum and my sister are walking through town doing some shopping, when out of the shop at the end of the street comes a Coelophysis that looks like it came straight out of Walking With Dinosaurs. No one present except me gives a single shit that there's a dinosaur, a carnivorous one at that, roaming around in broad daylight, or that it starts to follow me. After a brief but poor attempt to loose it we entered a shop to look for clothes - and then the Coelophysis becomes two Coelophysis. No fancy transition or anything, there's just suddenly two Coelophysis. Again, nobody including my mum and sister, seem to care that there's eventually 5 dinosaurs following me around the shop like some lost puppies. They know they're there, yes, but they just play it off as something that happens normally.

Whan's even craziest is that at some point inside the shop the Coelophysis are replaced with attractive Indian-British girls, each one with one of those cliche personilities, and are exact copies of one another. It's 5 versions of the same person. Obviously I try to get them to go away to no avail, and eventually end up in that awkward predicament where one of them tries to seduce me. There was this other stuff about having the ability to turn into versions of Mothra and some kind of play that from what I remember sounded very German. I say sounded because the perspective of the entire thing was me in the audience trying to hide one of the girls whenever someone looked our way because they were growing cow horns of their head for some reason. As everyone's leaving after the performance a girl, who isn't one of the once-dinosaurs but looks extremely similar, asks me out. I decline and say I already have 5 people in my life. The last part of the dream had me at home with my dad looking over envelopes containing cards for some sort of event, and it ended just as he found the envelope with the 5 girl's cards in.
Spoiler:
I woke up with the most awkward boner.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

12/31/2015-1/1/2016
Just dreamed that I was walking down "50th Street" with my dad (Skew York again), past the tall glass buildings of various shapes and sizes and such. We were probably going to a location to watch a window display be installed, or we were just gonna find some place to shop.

Then I was in Japan for some reason. I was sitting in a restaurant with my parents and my grandparents, and we were talking about cartoons. Then some police force, clad in what looked almost like JSDF uniforms from the Kiryu series, came and took us into a van and drove us off. Apparently there was a law passed in this dream where all animations had to be referred to as Anime, even if they were western and not of the "conventional styles" of anime. We drove down the street, then we turned down a side-lane, past scaffolding and stuff, and I managed to look out the window to see giant propaganda posters for the military and enormous static cannons mounted diagonally on the sides of buildings (these cannons were reminiscent of the super-guns of WWII, but were somewhat shorter in length and were completely static) and tanks and other giant brick buildings. We then drove down what looked to be 50th Street, but in Japan. Along the drive we passed by a bronze statue dedicated to Apple.

We stopped at the end of the street, by a mega-mall. We entered, and it almost seemed to be like an airport in size but an entire mall all-around. We ended up finding a place where there was a tech demo for these two-wheeled seated contraptions which helped people get around, kinda like wheelchairs combined with segways. I then brought up a holographic screen which had a duplicate of my consciousness (apparently consciousnesses look like caricatures of Doc Brown, or at least mine did) which split into left and right brains and figured out a way to make a spacetime portal like in Gravity Falls. The guy who was making these wheeled machines then challenged me to a fight against the machines, which transformed into robots with feminine figures with disk-blades on their wrists (the wheels).

---
1/1/2016-1/2/2016
Unfortunately, it's been about an hour and it's fading from my mind.
Dreamed I was at the airport late at night, and I was picking up a good friend of mine. We took a car into the city, but then the Joker (from Batman: The Animated Series) started chasing us. Then I found myself behind the wheel and I just took off.
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

This is probably one of the weirdest things I have dreamed up in a while:

I was on a road trip, and for some reason I was missing my gut and neckbeard (I WISH I looked this good.) I was driving, and in the back seat was a human sized Windblade from Transformers and... a demon, which seemed to be tied up. We all seemed to be taking the "demon in the back seat" thing rather lightly, and the dream's mood was one of serenity.

Then I ask the demon to say "Zuul motherfucker, ZUUL."

The demon actually obliges.

Cut to dream me running into a building that looked like a superpowered throw down happened in the upper levels. I was trying to find my friends, apparently. I mentioned Windblade, so I guess that demon somehow became a "friend" between the road trip and whatever whackiness happened there? Oh, and I can suddenly lift a human sized hunk of metal down a huge flight of stairs.
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Just remembered a dream from yesterday. In it, I was reading on an anime news site and Gainax announced a sequel to Gurren Lagann and the two new main characters (one of whom looked like a blonde Simon) were a gay couple. From what I remember, everyone online was talking about how "progressive" a move it was.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Last night I had the best dream I've had in a while. You know, one of those that really make me pissed off when I wake up and find out it wasn't true.

In the dream, I was at some school where there was a Q&A session with several voice actors. One of them happened to be Aya Hisakawa, who was cosplaying as Skuld from the Oh My Goddess series nonetheless. Damn, how much I'd love to meet her in person.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

So this is one of those dreams which takes place in a location you've been in a dream.
And it's a location I haven't seen for a while.

Imagine, if you will, Yosemite Valley. Mountainous, with steep trails, and roads you can't see past the edges of. Now amplify the height and expanse of the valley. There I am, on a rocky trail along this mountainous valley edge, heading down. It's got evergreens and other trees, seems to be reflecting wintertime. I'm rushing down with some friends, yelling for them to "come on"/"follow" and laughing all the way, and I come to this thin road jutting through some marshy area, with a mansion I've dreamed about before.
It's a red-brick mansion with brighter-red shingle roofing in tall cones and triangular prisms. It's neatly tucked away into the treeline, but just out enough that it is accessible by water alone, really. Lest you go all the way around the marsh and find the evergreen treeline. More springtime now. I dive into the water and swim along rather quickly, past the duckweed and algae, and surface (surprisingly dry) on the gray stone steps leading to the porch from the water's edge. I enter the mansion, with my other friends still arriving on those little foot-powered boats you have in Central Park, and then I hear people in the house and I hide. Those other people go though, and it's to myself.

The location seems familiar because I remember dreaming about the rocky valley edge, and the marsh is from another dream, one I think I posted here.
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.