The Dreams thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
G2000
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Dreams thread

Post by G2000 »

Had one a few nights back that was fun.

I can't remember how it started off, but the earliest thing I can remember was listening to a recording of my maternal grandfather discussing what his studies of his family history had revealed. Evidently, one of his relatives was a member of a cult worshipping a malevolent supernatural entity. The cult had been planning to summon the being into our universe in the 1920s, but the stock market crash in 1929 and the ensuing Great Depression ruined their plans somehow. He then stated that further research revealed that these things really did exist, and that even worse ones were about to be released.

The dream then cut to a desert in the American Southwest. A man was out walking around, when a convoy of HMMVs came up. A bunch of  U.S. soldiers, all wearing full body armor and face masks and carrying futuristic assault rifles, ran out and surrounded the man. The leader of the troops (rank unknown(, an older man dressed the same as the rest, but without the helmet or mask, came out and asked to speak to the ma privately.

Meanwhile, miles away, there was a massive government facility containing anomalous and paranormal beings. A shapeshifting creature infiltrated the building and released a flying 25-foot long great white shark, which began killing personnel, smashing equipment, and generally wreaking havoc throughout the place. The shapeshifter then took the form of a well-respected agent (who looked exactly like Morpheus from The Matrix - shades, coat, everything) and began to "stealthily" make it's way through the building. I say "stealthily" because what happened was whenever the shapeshifter ran into a person, the person would wave and ask for it's autograph, and would be promptly be gunned down by dual weld Škorpion vz. 61s. The shapeshifter then reached it's target: a scientist deep within the building, who looked, dressed, and acted just like Newt Gizeler from Pacific Rim, right down to the tattoos. The shapeshifter took the form of an attractive, nerdy-looking, 20-something year old woman, who Newt had a (mutual) crush on. The shapeshifter began trying to lull Newt into a false sense of comfort, trying to get him to reveal something. Newt, suspecting that it was the shapeshifter, asked it a question about going to the movies last weekend. When the shapeshifter answered wrong, Newt blasted it with a sawed-off shotgun he had been keeping just out of sight, killing it.

The dream then cut to the outside of the facility, where the convoy from earlier stopped on a hill overlooking it. The soldiers all got out, including the leader and the man, who was now in the uniform of the solders. The man and the leader shared a look before grabbing rifles, pulling on helmets and masks and joining the rest, presumably to retake the facility. 
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

Post by The Godzilla Camp »

G2000 wrote:Had a Jurassic World dream. Can't remember too much about it, except that I was there with my family. Three characters were present, albeit briefly - Owen, Claire, and Barry, to be exact. The only noteworthy thing was that they had multiple Indominus Rexes - at least twenty, all of mixed sizes. They were capable of changing color at will.

They were kept in a relatively open enclosure with a large pond - evidently, they liked swimming. They weren't particuarly aggressive, either.
Interesting ... and they didn't have a 'taste' for human flesh? Or relatively 'docile' in your dream?

Now that you mention it - 2 weeks ago I just came back from a working camp in Melbourne - and I had a dream I was the camp and we got to go on a city tour with a GIANT LIVE PREHISTORIC SARCOSUCHUS – so basically we had a ‘living bus’ of a giant crocodile from the Cretaceous – and we got our students to ‘board’ the giant Sarcosuchus and it would give us a ride around the city – and in my dream the Sarcosuchus surprisingly was fast and somewhat ‘docile’ for the most part considering his jaws were clamped and restrained shut BUT crowds of people just formed and scattered due to the size of the giant crocodile … AND then when we got to the museum the Sarcosuchus started acting restless BUT it was where in my dream when we got back to camp just as the last student and I was boarding off then the Sarcosuchus starts going hysterical and NUTS and SNAPPY and he is restrained against BUT he seems to be building up brute strength as his restraints come off AND in my dream I’m unable to move – I’m just shocked at the POWER and the might of the Sarcosuchus and for a moment it appeared he’s being calmed and sedated BUT suddenly he breaks free of his restraints and he then lets out a FRIGHTENING GROWL and then he then roars before charging about and then … and then … I awaken … and NO I haven’t had any late night snacks nor have I exactly watched giant monster killer movies besides well Jurassic World clips …

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

I had a dream about a predator jumping off a cliff. I hated that dream. But at the same time, I loved it because xenon rule!
This is the beginning of the end.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Last edited by G2000 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla1703
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla1703 »

Dreamed I was at the park smoking weed with some friends, then they passed me the blunt, I hit. Then I woke up feeling high as crap.
Shadow Arena History: Wins: 37(I'm heading for 50 :D) Losses: 26
Chris55 wrote:
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:^

Wont see that shit in Godzilla.
We did. A whole movie was based around it. It was called "GINO".

:)

three
Keizer

Post by three »

a while ago, i dreamed i met rand paul, shook his hand, and told him to drop the abortion issue. we discussed it though i can't remember what words passed between us, and he left. we were in a fancy place reminiscent of a ballroom or grand dining hall meant to be modeled after a room in the whitehouse.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

I had a dream that was like My Little Pony Gen 4+1 that had Discord as a weird fleshy creature that could turn into anything and horns that were actually pretzels that the ponies launched into his head. Gigan appeared in a cameo.
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

I've been having lots of dreams involving my close friends. A particularly unsettling one had my buddies and me going on a trip to a forest. While I was standing on a hill, I picked up my binoculars and saw a bat resting in a cave. However, the creature saw me and flew towards me as fast as it could and began circling me. It did not attack me, but kept squealing quite a lot, and suddenly grew bigger, from having the size of a Common Pipistrelle to approaching a German Shepherd. It then flew away. Later on, I found my pals on a forest clearing, but they were all immobile, like statues, and the same bat showed up again. It grew once more and this time it was as huge as an African Elephant. Then I woke up.
In another dream, another buddy and I went to a rather huge museum. We walked through a hall full of several prehistoric animal fossils, ranging from dinosaurs, pterosaurs, marine reptiles and mammals to amphibians and arthropods. There were even frozen solid mammoth corpses. And a good deal of them were in good conditions too. However, as amazing as that dream was, it was creepy too, 'cause my friend and I were the only ones in that museum. Suddenly, an earthquake struck the place and blocked the exits. Strangely enough, the skeletons and fossils did not crumble, but the museum's ceiling sure did. We had to seek shelter and found a mysterious secret passage. We followed it and encountered what appeared to be a secret cave full of mummies. There were mummies from many places of the world, such as Egyptian and Chilean mummies. The dream then ended.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I don't remember what happened earlier on in the dream, but it boiled down to my boyfriend paying more attention to this other random woman, we'll call her Bitch, than to me. And I was very angry about this. But my boyfriend and I left Bitch's place, and we were in a car without her. We were in the backseat and two random friends were in the front seats. I was ranting about how Riley had been paying attention to her and ignoring me, but it seemed that everyone in the car didn't believe me. Riley just ignored me and looked down, and the friend who was driving turned around and said "We'll be at the concert soon, won't that make you feel better?" I said "I guess so".

Then I told everyone that we needed to stop so I could pee. So we stopped at this place. And the bathroom had all these open spaces in the wall and people could see in from other rooms. There was this large group of children being led by an instructor throughout the place, and of course they were looking at me. I peed, but was struggling to find a way to keep myself concealed while wiping. I tried going over to this other corner of the room and was about to wipe when a xenomorph showed up. The children started cheering me on, "You can do it!" I managed to dodge around it and run into another room that didn't have the open rectangles thing going on. But it was like I knew that if I didn't get out of there fast, the xenomorph would open the door and come get me. So I went through the next door that led to the other side of one of the open rectangles. The xenomorph stared at me through the open rectangle, its head turned into a scary-looking monkey head. It hissed and started to advance and... I woke up.

This was the first thing that popped into my head upon waking up:

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Dreamed a somewhat frightening dream, frightening due to its perspective being simply normal.
I was back at school, and I was just entering mathematics...or what seemed like it; there were math books. I had just seen Ted Cruz walking down the hallway with a book on speaking and writing (I remember telling him that I was surprised that he was there, and I thanked him for the "recommendation") so I grabbed a copy myself and sat down.

And then came one of those giant UFOs from Independence Day. At least, it looked like it. It was a lenticular disk, the same basic coloration as the normal ID4 craft if not a shade bluer, with a polished mirrored sheen to its rough exterior.
We all looked out the window, and saw that it was opening up into rings—splitting apart into giant rings which glowed a teal color, a lot like the death-ray from ID4. And that's what came out of the craft, a giant death ray. I ran from the building just before the ship destroyed it, and found my mom working nearby. Everyone was in a panic, so were we.

We went to Red Hook where my dad works — apparently this took place in Skew York again because I remember there being an open-top section to the warehouse pier with a shitton of railroad tracks and broken wood and concrete flooring to separate us from the sea. We were on a small worn-down ledge on the end of the warehouse pier (which does exist) near a very thin wall and what I believe to be where a bunch of water taxis park. There were ropes and finger-holes everywhere, so we took that to our advantage. We ran inside the warehouse where my dad's workshop is, and we ran to him (of course, me being so worried I teared up a bit as I hugged him and all). We then walked outside to show him what was above the shop—which was not there anymore. The disk-shaped UFO had disappeared, leaving only a large series of ring-shaped clouds.
I then saw the craft disappearing into the fog and cloud, mirrors on its surface reflecting darkness as it moved without friction through the air, almost as a Borg Cube moves through space. My dad finally saw it, and he was worried too. We began talking about what to do--I was worried we couldn't do anything because no matter what, it would be there--and sure enough, it came back. We bolted towards the inland section as it slowly began to rev up, and it then extended a mechanical arm of sorts and began firing the death-ray in directions other than straight down. We kept running and running from the carnage around us...

Then I woke up.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Had a dream that can be divided into three sections.

1) Was reading a bad Godzilla fanfic where all the monsters are turned into humans. Hated it, even in the dream.

2) Went to a family reunion, but none of the people there were actually in my family. Everyone was dressed in manner that would not be out of place in the mid-1800s - frock coats, top hats, etc. They all hated me, and tormented me in various ways, including making me sleep in a barn, hiding my suitcase, slashing me with a straight razor, and repeatedly kicking me in the ribs.

3) Iwas watching a documentary about dreaming. They were discussing if primitive hominids had dreams, but decided that if they did, they would be unable to communicate their dreams because language hadn't been developed yet.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

One time I had a nightmare where the mom from "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" tried to eat me.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:One time I had a nightmare where the mom from "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" tried to eat me.
This is truly the best nightmare.
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

Godzilla1703 wrote:Dreamed I was at the park smoking weed with some friends, then they passed me the blunt, I hit. Then I woke up feeling high as crap.
Dude it really happened.
This is the beginning of the end.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Dreamt that a fanfiction author whose works I enjoy had a "Just Say No To Calvinism" bumper sticker.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Dream: Aug 10 2015

Dreamed that I was the captain of a ship like the QM2—though it looked very luxurious and less like an ocean city (the steep stairs had red velvet carpeting and there was a full-size stage theater)— and we were going to Sweden or Denmark or Norway or Finland or something. The Intrepid also got a refit and was moved to this little island in the middle of the Hudson. I had to pilot the damn thing, which was moving surprisingly fast.
And then there was this tiny little country which was called "Odenberg" or something with an O at the start which had seceded from one of the countries and had only one city in it——which had a museum which was made of red brick and had two broken columns as an art piece which i could probably remake in Minecraft if I so wished, and a univerity campus which had "GODZILLA" in its name, but was a completely different language otherwise ("U.C.O.-GODZILLA universitet teknisk kunstnerisk" is the closest thing I can come up with.)

--

Dream: Aug 11 2015

We were all driving away from some combination of Penn Station and Grand Central, in the middle of some big city. We had walked up a stairwell to get into our cars, but two of us (myself and another) didn't manage to get there in time. So we ended up walking along the side of a highway. We came across a little bar and restaurant with a car parked there, though both were run-down and utterly abandoned. It was nighttime; we had walked several miles, and we eventually tried hitchhiking. Several passed us until one of our own party drove by and saw us, stopping just a few yards ahead for us to get in.

Cut to a large transit hub of an airport. The airport's driving-entryway was sunken into the ground, and all the cars would spiral into a plaza in the center. We waited for our plane to arrive, and I saw a few pretty girls and a few beefy guys. And someone who looked like 2009MG's TGBR Miki was a baggage attendant inside the airport.

Cut to a small town somewhere off the highway. It reminds me of Skewark DE (skewed Newark, DE) for it is very lush and green with cottage-like houses. We then made a turn, going up a steep hill to a small town called "Parr" or something with four letters in that structure, until we saw three giant buildings, glittering almost green in the sunlight. This was..."Hartford" in my dream.
We drove to a train station.
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

I dreamed that Zilla was was chasing a taxi through the Golden gate bridge and the Godzilla 2014 rose up to bite Zilla and then threw him at the winged Muto using his mouth. Godzilla then continued to swing his arms and destroy the bridge.

Literally the only good dream I had last night.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Dreamed that TK got hacked again, and was renamed Toho Kingdom Tiger and looked almost nothing like itself. I ended up logging off and heading over to Deviantart to tell others about it.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Dreamed about Breakdown's old Transformers RP here. Lots of flight and 'splosions. Aligned Continuity appearance.
*shrugs*
Sometimes I wonder if I go on TK too often.

Nah.
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Sapphire Overlord
Ronin

Post by Sapphire Overlord »

I once had a dream where I was in Tokyo or another city. Heisei Godzilla began to attack the city, causing massive amounts death and destruction.
:freak:
Escaped from said city via underground subways and Onsens.
:eh:
Went to find help, and found Santa.
:|
SOMEHOW I was transformed into Courage the Cowardly Dog, and could only communicate to him by Courage's charade tactics.
:?
Convinced Santa to help stop Godzilla's attack, and we flew off together in Santa's sleigh to stop Godziila.
:shock:
The dream then goes blank and some completely different dream began which I have no memory of.
:dizzy: