The Dreams thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Dreams thread

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I recently had a dream where the area I live in was being attacked by Gaira(yep you can see where this is going). He was a bit smaller than he should be but still a giant compared to people. He ate a bunch of people and I tried running in a building but the doors were locked. I hid under a car but he picked it up and ate me...whoops. I'm glad to have joined the Gaira nightmare club, I feel like a Japanese kid now.

I've had many kaiju related dreams though not often, just over the span of my life.
Some of the weirder ones included Ebirah walking through a forest, one where two Kamacurases had women's faces and were chasing me(analyze me Freudians), one with Hedorah inside a giant canyon just trapped, and some weird one where I was a shrine maiden and I summoned some evil Godzilla creature to fight this evil Gamera creature.

I did one time have this dream that was in black and white. It was amazing. I was on this muddy road with a bunch of people and in the far distance we saw a 1954 Godzilla destroying a city. It was really creepy and horrifying and I remember running at some point.

I also had a dream about a super evil looking Anguruius attacking a city full of large oil tankers. Can't say much other than there was a lot of explosions.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Part of a dream I had included Foxy from Five Nights at Freddy's; he was pulled into one of the boarded up rooms (from the post-night minigames in the third game) by tentacle-like structures with Foxy hooks on the end of them.

In another dream, I was in a house, hiding from the animatronics. Going into the closet could buy you time, but only a bit of time.

In my most recent dream, a woman and I were walking through the SCP containment building, only it was during the day and slightly more friendly-looking. The woman I was with knew what to do to keep the SCPs from attacking, but I didn't. We made it out of the building.

It would seem that the third Five Nights game is giving me nightmares, and I'm enjoying it :twisted:

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Another last night.

First part took place in the Southwest, I think. Was very similar to a dream I posted about earlier in this thread.
Spoiler:
I had to put down my dog but she wouldn't die so I kept shooting until she was a bloody whimpering mess.
I woke up nearly crying.

After I went back to sleep, second part was at a school in summertime. I say "a school" because it was a strange hodgepodge of every school I've been to in my life, except much bigger (all the buildings were at least five stories). It started off with a third-person view of Jay and Silent Bob from Kevin Smith's View Askewniverse films hanging around outside the school, presumably to peddle their wares to the students. Jay started going on about how hot out it was and then started getting onto Silent Bob for always wearing sweatshirts and an overcoat regardless of the weather. Silent Bob eventually got fed up and walked off.

It then shifted to my own viewpoint. School was being dismissed, so I was on the way to the bus parking lot and I held open a door for this girl I like. She smiled and said thanks, but some other person walked up to me and called me a sexist for holding open the door. The dream then cut to a h3h3productions reaction video in which he had evidently seen what had happened and was now getting into said person for calling me a sexist.

Then it shifted to a burned out laboratory with a blue lighting scheme. Shinji was the subject of a three way tug-of-war between Rei, Asuka, and Hikari. Rei was dressed in dominatrix gear, for whatever reason. This is the second Evangelion dream I've had in my lifetime.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Last night, I had a dream that I was with Sailor moon for a day. I'm being serious. Then I had one where I was watching the Godzilla and Muto final fight from G14 in my dreams.
Last edited by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Dreamt that I was fishing in a drainage creek near my house with a person who was either my paternal grandfather or Tom Clancy-they did look sorta similar. Anyway, in real life, the creek is far too shallow to support fish, but in the dream, it was deeper and there were small bass (no bigger than a pound) living in it. I was using my little panfish rod spooled with 4-lb test, baited with a ridiculously large minnow (at least half the size of the little bass) and cast it towards a bass that was near the surface. It somehow swallowed the minnow whole and then promptly got tangled with some weeds-I managed to extricate it and began fighting the fish, but it somehow managed to snap the line. I got angry, then realized my reel was severely underspooled - I barely had enough line for another cast. Then my grandfather/Clancy said I needed to take something of his to my house. That "something" turned out to be a Zelda bodypillow. I turned to return to my house, and I saw my neighborhood was having a huge party.

Then it shifted to my school. Similar to the last dream, it was much larger than it is in real life, all the buildings at least five stories tall. It was twilight, but we were acting as if it was mid-morning. I was walking from one building to another, as I do every day, when I noticed the sky overhead was getting all cloudy and a few small drops of rain were beginning to fall. I put my coat on, then promptly realized it wasn't mine-I had evidently stolen it from someone else. I ran over to a window for whatever reason and peered inside. It didn't look like my school at all. It looked like an airport terminal. One of my friends was sitting in there. He saw me and began laughing. I saw a TV playing near the window and began watching, and found I could hear despite being outside.

It was on the local news, and was talking about a catastrophic tornado that was evidently going on nearby. It then showed a video that had been taken in one of the affected towns, preceded by the usual "the following footage may be disturbing" statement. The video had evidently been filmed on a smartphone, but the quality was really high. In it, the town was being ravaged by the tornado. The sky was black, fires were raging, debris was flying through the air. A lean Hispanic man who looked to be in his early twenties, wearing a hooded leather jacket, jeans, and white sneakers, was picked up by strong winds and flipped in midair before landing on his feet on a shipping container. He looked at the camera and began to speak.

He declared that humanity's "dreaming time" or "daughter age" had ended, and soon humanity would make great advances in space travel and begin to expand beyond the solar system. They would eventually come into contact with an alien race known as the Rodanthe, who, as the name suggests, looked like the 1960's Rodan, and a time of peace would ensue. However, he also warned that a cult of individuals, led by a Catholic Cardinal who was "vehemently opposed to spaceflight" (I evidently knew said Cardinal, and remembered only a kindly old man who didn't say anything about spaceflight) would awaken King Ghidorah, who the man referred to as "an ancient evil interstellar god", and once Ghidorah was awake, "neither man nor Rodanthe shall live any more."

The news broadcast also indicated that Godzilla was evidently real in this world. Old footage of him was briefly shown. He looked most like MosuGoji.

It's not often that I have such vivid, surreal dreams two nights in a row,

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

So I had a dream, I was Spider-Man. And I saved this girl I like and then we were together. Then I woke up, still alone, and a normal boring me.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Janjira54
Gotengo Officer

Post by Janjira54 »

Had a dream last week that me and my friends were at camp and some car gang attacked us. So we hid and I got in a car ad drove off after them as my friends fought some of the others in the gang. I can't remember what happened after that but I do remember one of my friends getting killed and it was very emotional at that point.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Another Evangelion dream. Can't remember much about it. I can remember that in it, Asuka and Kaji founded Wikipedia and Gendo was a crossdresser.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

G2000 wrote:Another Evangelion dream. Can't remember much about it. I can remember that in it, Asuka and Kaji founded Wikipedia and Gendo was a crossdresser.
Jimmy Wales confirmed for Asuka 2k15?
Wait where did that Gendo thing come in
I think I quoted right when you edited
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Yeah, probably.

Still....

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

I dreamed about my day on TK.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Mandacuras
Interpol Agent

Post by Mandacuras »

I had a weird dream where me, my family, and the Avengers went to the Georgia Aquarium shrunken. Can you believe It?
I am the thing that keeps you up at night. The evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind. I will never rest...and neither will you.

Mandacuras
Interpol Agent

Post by Mandacuras »

Get this, I was having a dream where I was in Paris with my classmates and I almost adopted an alligator at a pet store for a pet. I named him Wiggles because he was so gentle and wiggled every time he see. I think that means he is happy to see me.
I am the thing that keeps you up at night. The evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind. I will never rest...and neither will you.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Had some fever dreams yesterday morning. Only ones I can remember involved black pyramids and decaying machinery bursting out from an arid wasteland.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

G2000 wrote:Had some fever dreams yesterday morning. Only ones I can remember involved black pyramids and decaying machinery bursting out from an arid wasteland.
sounds decent enough for a book. i think i'm going to steal this...if i ever get published, i'll mention you in the acknowledgements.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

I remember have five nights at Freddy's dreams a few times some nights ago, but I only remember the basics. Like, one of them took place at Fredbear's Family Diner.
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

MustafaDaisenso
Monarch Researcher

Post by MustafaDaisenso »

I had two extraordinarily bizarre dreams of late that would suggest that I'm mentally disturbed, or at least use the internet too much.

In one dream, I was at my old high school filming something for a TV broadcast type class when I was approached by the leader of the Aum Shinrikyo (a notorious Japanese cult which released nerve gas in a subway in 1995), who proceeded to show me and my friends a VHS tape about how pomegranates, oranges and bananas are like metaphors for different levels of the world. I really don't know what to say…

In the second, me and my best friend were eating at a pizza place when a cop walked by. My friend drew a .45 out of his jacket and blasted him, at which point we took off and had a running gun battle with the authorities before escaping into the countryside. This is what I get for listening to NWA, Wu Tang Clan and Geto Boys.
"I'm a freelance reporter, but... you could call me a scandal hunter hahahaha…"
Check out my YouTube channel for restored Toku trailers in HD
Rodan 1.85:1 US Reconstruction Thread

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

First dream: In this giant refinery-type place which also looked something like a cathedral. There was a xenomorph, too. I saw a Vickers-like character lock herself into a room with it, then i saw dials go up for gas pressure. It was an incinerator room, and of course, xenomorphs hate fire. I quickly ended the fire and opened the door, finding a barely motile metallic skeleton of a xenomorph. And it lived. The Vickers-y character didn't.

The other one was bad, and I guess it comes with my fear of ransomware. I had accidentally clicked something which downloaded some kind of plugin which held my entire computer hostage, and it claimed to be Chucky. Weird thing is, I have never seen the movie. This "Chucky" virus would always darken my screen and turn it into some sort of chat with "Chucky", which responded like a person. Not like a virus-bot. Which really freaked me out.

Another one between them was some sort of RP playing out in my head where I had created a character and it was being turned into a pixar-style movie.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

Man, I had a messed up dream. Starts first person, goes into third bout halfway.

Me and this group of evenly distributed people go to this abandoned factory and boomtown nearby, for some bizzare reason. The bus pulls up at the edge of town, which is swallowed in mist. For some reason or another, the entire group goes into the mist with little consideration, and sees a little blonde girl running in the mist. And then it goes Silent Hill, with bizarre monsters and Pyramid head being sighted doing bizarre things. People were killed in various, often bloody ways.

Eventually, the group split into three groups, in which it went into third person. One was with Eddie Murphy, and most of them died because of a mini Pyramid Head and his disgusting flesh eating bugs. The other two were split on purpose, by the most bizzare and terrifying dog thing I've ever seen. Oddly enough, it was by gender, with the girls wandering a terrifying factory while most of the guys were slaughtered by Pyramid Head. Somehow, the survivors got on a bus and escaped, in which I woke up.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Fell asleep cuddling my cat Sammy, and ended up dreaming about her. She had had kittens and I was keeping them a secret from my mom, hiding them in my room. Another part of the dream was Sammy and I going for a walk, and the fully-black kitten of hers somehow found and joined us. Pretty heartwarming that I would dream about my cat while we cuddle-napped :-3