Random facts about you

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Random facts about you

Post by eabaker »

Leviarex wrote:'Return Of The Living Dead' is the only Zombie movie I like or care about.
While there are others that I love, if you're going to limit yourself to just one, it's certainly as strong a choice as you could find.

Curious what others you've seen, though. Cemetery Man in there?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The only zombie movie I like is Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake. Though I'm always hesitant to use the word remake as besides the mall setting it's got almost nothing else in common with the original. Well Zombieland was okay, loved the scenes with Bill Murray, but I do find it quite overrated otherwise. The zombie and slasher genres are two of the very few genres I simply can't stand.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:The zombie and slasher genres are two of the very few genres I simply can't stand.
Yes! I feel the same way!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

eabaker wrote:
Leviarex wrote:'Return Of The Living Dead' is the only Zombie movie I like or care about.
While there are others that I love, if you're going to limit yourself to just one, it's certainly as strong a choice as you could find.

Curious what others you've seen, though. Cemetery Man in there?
I guess I should rephrase what I typed: It's the only Zombie movie that I've seen clips of that's interested me enough to see the whole movie. So to that end, it's the only one I've seen in its entirety.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

I think the Skull Crawler is the best monster design since Kiryu.

I thought the Godzilla anime was pretty good, better than I expected. While I still prefer the old "mutated dinosaur" origin, Godzilla earth looked and acted cooler than I though it would.

Of the new Godzilla designs, I prefer 2014s still, the others aren't bad though.

Godzilla's 1974, 2000 (especially on the fiery American poster) , and 2014 are my top 3 favorite Godzilla designs.

I believe I'm in a catch-22 trying to find a woman that's interested in me.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Zarm wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:The zombie and slasher genres are two of the very few genres I simply can't stand.
Yes! I feel the same way!
Same.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

I'm only remembering this because I've been banished out of my parent's earshot for it just now, but I love to do, at any time, anywhere, voice imitations (And apparently, I do them pretty well). Here's a complete-as-I-can-currently-remember list of what voices I torment listeners with:
- The Tick
- Heath Ledger's Joker (This is the voice and mannerism re-enacting I'm best at, much to my Mom's anguish)
- Red Green (Or Harold)
- Mathazar from "Galaxy Quest"
- The old dude from the Iron Chef dub
- Napoleon Dynamite
- Christopher Lee
- Batman
- David Attenborough
- Nigel Thornberry
- Julia Child
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

It makes me very comfortable when people say "bless you" (or anything else) in response to me sneezing. At my current job, I share a space with three other people, two of whom always say "bless you" when someone sneezes; if either of them is there, and I feel a sneeze coming on, I'll get up and briskly walk to another room just to avoid the awkwardness.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

The previous two generations of men on my dad’s side both married English women. My grandpa met my grandma while he was stationed in England during the war, and my dad met my mom while on holiday. Puts a lot of pressure on me (and my wallet for airfare :lol: )

The Baranosdragon
GPN Volunteer

Post by The Baranosdragon »

I have a few more I could share:

- I don't really like Dairy products, especially not cheese. I'll eat certain things with milk as an ingredient, but I will never just straight up drink milk or anything like that.
- I've been going through a video game burnout for around 3 months now. I'm not sure if it will ever end, but I'm certainly not playing video games as much as I used to.
- Sabaton is best metal band. The end.

... ... ...

- I think I'm slowly becoming a Brony...
January 1st, 1929 - August 8th, 2017. May Haruo Nakajima Rest in Peace.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

I have become a fan of the Original Ultraman recently, with Alien Mephilas becoming my favorite character from the series, and OG Ultraman at a close 2nd.
I've also become a fan of the Max Fleischer cartoons, with my favorite being Popeye meets Sinbad, mostly due to the giant Rokh's design and how well animated it is.

I've never been to Disney, or any other major theme park, I've also never been to a concert.
I have been watching YTPs since I was a kid.
I'm 5 feet 8 inches tall, I used to think I was 5'10, but a recent doctors appointment sadly revealed otherwise. -_-
Extra THICC!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Billzilla1974 wrote:I have become a fan of the Original Ultraman recently, with Alien Mephilas becoming my favorite character from the series, and OG Ultraman at a close 2nd.
I've also become a fan of the Max Fleischer cartoons, with my favorite being Popeye meets Sinbad, mostly due to the giant Rokh's design and how well animated it is.

I've never been to Disney, or any other major theme park, I've also never been to a concert.
I have been watching YTPs since I was a kid.
I'm 5 feet 8 inches tall, I used to think I was 5'10, but a recent doctors appointment sadly revealed otherwise. -_-
Join the club. I used to think I was 6’0 but my doctor recently told me I’m 5’11. Like, how annoying is that?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Oh, boo hoo, you whiners. Some of us wish we could reach the lofty heights of 5'10 or 5'11 without platform shoes and a soapbox... ;)
Last edited by Zarm on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

KaijuCanuck wrote: Join the club. I used to think I was 6’0 but my doctor recently told me I’m 5’11. Like, how annoying is that?
True, i wonder if this might be a factor for why women usually aren't interested in me, since most prefer a guy who is at least 5'10/11.
Also I seriously hope the Kemur-Man becomes a meme in 2020, since he supposedly came from two years from now.
Last edited by Billzilla1974 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Extra THICC!

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

I believe the bogdanoff twins are up to something huge.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

My eyes are gradually changing from blue to green; I do not know when this started happening, or to what degree the shift will continue, only that it has become extremely noticable to close family and friends who remember my eyes being "bluer".

My hair has changed color three time in my lifetime entirely of its own accord.

I am extremely sun sensitive; I once burned visibly and to the point of pain during a 15 walk at the onset of dusk, and, another time, via the mistake of taking a short half-hour nap with certain parts of my body exposed to sunlight, albiet through a tinted car window supposedly rated to prevent sunburn. The second time mentioned yielded blisters.
When I was very young, my parents did not know or understand this, and would often force me to do yardwork where I was exposed to the light of the sun for extended periods of time, severely taxxing my health even with sunscreen.

I experience hyper mobility syndrome in many of my joints.

My favorite movie is "Coraline".

I saw "The Shape of Water" four times in theatres.

I have so many books in my possession, I have run out of room to shelve them, despite possessing two bookshelves, and have arranged the excess in a bilateral stack which extends nearly to the ceiling. I will run out of room there, too, soon, and have to start another.

I have recently discovered I am at extreme risk for ovarian cancer and precancerous tumors, due to family history, and a certain unrelated medical condition unique to me. This weighs on me, and I am still processing the information. I don't want to die like my grandmother did.

I have suffered from a form of arthritis since age ten, though it is currently alleviated via modern medicine.
Last edited by Vatarian on Tue May 01, 2018 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Been awhile since someone's posted on here.
Vatarian wrote: I have so many books in my possession, I have run out of room to shelve them, despite possessing two bookshelves, and have arranged the excess in a bilateral stack which extends nearly to the ceiling. I will run out of room there, too, soon, and have to start another.

I have recently discovered I am at extreme risk for ovarian cancer and precancerous tumors.
1- You're either an alternate universe version of me or spying on me with that book issue (obviously not with the second issue I quoted, given that I'm male). Mom had to build me two massive bookshelves to contain my collection, yet they're spilling out like no tomorrow and making me look like an episode of hoarders.

2- Another irony, that's what my Mom's surgery was for. Trust me Vats, as soon as you start feeling lower back pain and general weirdness, go see a doctor to get it take care of before it gets too bad.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Billzilla1974 wrote:I'm 5 feet 8 inches tall, I used to think I was 5'10, but a recent doctors appointment sadly revealed otherwise. -_-
I've actually had my height measured again recently, and it turns out that I really am just about 5'10, the person who measured me before was inaccurate.
I have a bad habit of procrastinating, and pulling all nighters to make up for it.
Extra THICC!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Billzilla1974 wrote:
Billzilla1974 wrote:I'm 5 feet 8 inches tall, I used to think I was 5'10, but a recent doctors appointment sadly revealed otherwise. -_-
I've actually had my height measured again recently, and it turns out that I really am just about 5'10, the person who measured me before was inaccurate.
I have a bad habit of procrastinating, and pulling all nighters to make up for it.
When I was in college, I think about 95% of my essays were all nighters. :lol:

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Billzilla1974 wrote: I have a bad habit of procrastinating, and pulling all nighters to make up for it.
When I was in college, I think about 95% of my essays were all nighters. :lol:
Oh I hope to whatever god there may be, that crud doesn't happen to me.
I hate pulling all nighters, I'd rather turn in a late project or two than lose another night of sleep.
Extra THICC!