General Cryptid Topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: General Cryptid Topic

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
The idea that Bigfoots/Sasquatches are spiritual beings from the Spirit World that at times comes into our world before returning back to the former being these guardians of forests.
Good film isea, but certainly the least likely of any Bigfoot hypothesis.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Gigantis wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
The idea that Bigfoots/Sasquatches are spiritual beings from the Spirit World that at times comes into our world before returning back to the former being these guardians of forests.
Yeah. I mean, they clearly aren't very good at their jobs. They mess with logging equipment occasionally, but never make any real impact.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

True, that's a fair point. Still wanted to share idea never the less.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Gigantis wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Ancient Astronaut Theorists Say Yes

And after this segment and evidence You will say Yes too

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Anyone ever hear about Cryptozoologicon? Its a book where it depicts cryptids and other mythological creatures if they were real animals.

Some notable examples.

Chupacabra as a species of possum that feeds on blood.
Gambo as a marine species of monotreme.
Mbielu-Mbielu-Mbielu as a species of lungfish.

There's also fanart.

Arica Monster: A species of lizard that evolved bipedalism
Dover Demon: A species of prosimian.
Gowrow: A large relative of the gila monster.
J'ba Fofi: A species of large terrestrial crab.
Ningen: A gigantic species of sea turtle closely related to the leatherback turtle.

Being fascinated with the concept. I decided to do a few ideas of mine. :D

Akhlut: A sole survivor and separate species resembling an aquatic wolf-like cetacean that branched off of whales from the same ancestor. (Given whales evolved from wolf-like ancestors it retains some of these traits and features).
Dobhar-chú: A large species of otter. Among the biggest with the giant otter and sea otter.
Ozark Howler: A bear-like cat.

If anyone is interested.

https://cryptoresponse.weebly.com/

https://www.deviantart.com/search?q=cryptozoologicon
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 7 times in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I have! It's a dope book.

I love how it's not just "oh, here's an alternate explanation" but examining what the myths actually say and finding an animal that actually explains those features

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I really want to get it. On my Amazon list as we speak. I'd especially love for more volumes to be made so more cryptids and mythical creatures can be tackled.

Also, another ideal one came to mind. I would picture Trunko being a larger species of elephant seal.

Added in 11 days 17 hours 18 minutes 13 seconds:
What do you guys think of these if we were to take from cryptozoologicon?

Altamaha-ha: A species of long-neck freshwater seal.
Mahama: A species of crocodile, possibly descended from crocodylus thorbjarnarsoni.
Tatzelwurm: A species of large lizard/salamander with only two front legs. It has a facial structure that would resemble the ears of a cat.
Yowie: A species of marsupial that has hominid/primate traits through convergent evolution.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Last night at 11:05, i watched the cryptid episode of The UnXplained with William Shatner. The MDW/Olgoi-Khorkhoi might have entered my top 5 cryptids.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Last night at 11:05, i watched the cryptid episode of The UnXplained with William Shatner. The MDW/Olgoi-Khorkhoi might have entered my top 5 cryptids.
Then you'll be disappointed to hear that a russian herpetologist found out it was most likely a normal tartan sand boa in the 1980's.

Added in 5 minutes 2 seconds:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Anyone ever hear about Cryptozoologicon? Its a book where it depicts cryptids and other mythological creatures if they were real animals.

Some notable examples.

Chupacabra as a species of possum that feeds on blood.
Gambo as a marine species of monotreme.
Mbielu-Mbielu-Mbielu as a species of lungfish.

There's also fanart.

Arica Monster: A species of lizard that evolved bipedalism
Dover Demon: A species of prosimian.
Gowrow: A large relative of the gila monster.
J'ba Fofi: A species of large terrestrial crab.
Ningen: A gigantic species of sea turtle closely related to the leatherback turtle.

Being fascinated with the concept. I decided to do a few ideas of mine. :D

Akhlut: A sole survivor and separate species resembling an aquatic wolf-like cetacean that branched off of whales from the same ancestor. (Given whales evolved from wolf-like ancestors it retains some of these traits and features).
Dobhar-chú: A large species of otter. Among the biggest with the giant otter and sea otter.
Ozark Howler: A bear-like cat.

If anyone is interested.

https://cryptoresponse.weebly.com/

https://www.deviantart.com/search?q=cryptozoologicon
The one thing I didn't like abo cryptozoologicon is that they didn't go far enough with some of their designs:

.The "Row" could have been made a meiolaniid instead of a normal if odd tortoise, explaining the horns and tail spikes (which Conway committed from his art)
.Opossum eyes shine red, not green, meaning they could have made the Chupacabra closer to the myth and creepier in the artwork

and your deficiency as a cryptozoologist shows. Everyone knows that the Iemisch is larger than the Dobhar-Chu!

Added in 1 minute 24 seconds:
Also, I recently got a copy of Roy Mackal's "Searching For Hidden Animals". Used of course. It was an interesting read, and then I found a signature left b Roy Mackal on the inside of the cover!
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:Last night at 11:05, i watched the cryptid episode of The UnXplained with William Shatner. The MDW/Olgoi-Khorkhoi might have entered my top 5 cryptids.
Then you'll be disappointed to hear that a russian herpetologist found out it was most likely a normal tartan sand boa in the 1980's.
A cryptid being debunked doesn't really disappoint me, let alone diminish my appreciation of one. After all, the Flatwoods Monster is my second favorite alien cryptid and it's literally just an owl.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Jersey Devil illustration, based on that weird old one -
References to the 'Jersey Devil' do not appear in newspapers or other printed material until the twentieth century. The first major flap came in 1909. It is from these sightings that the popular image of the creature—batlike wings, horse head, claws, and general air of a dragon—became standardized."

http://yog-blogsoth.blogspot.com/

Was always kinda unnerved by it to be honest, imagine seeing this fucking thing hobbling at you -

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

tbeasley wrote:Jersey Devil illustration, based on that weird old one -
References to the 'Jersey Devil' do not appear in newspapers or other printed material until the twentieth century. The first major flap came in 1909. It is from these sightings that the popular image of the creature—batlike wings, horse head, claws, and general air of a dragon—became standardized."

http://yog-blogsoth.blogspot.com/

Was always kinda unnerved by it to be honest, imagine seeing this skreeonking thing hobbling at you -
Gave 8 year old me nightmares

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Gawdziller1954 wrote:and your deficiency as a cryptozoologist shows. Everyone knows that the Iemisch is larger than the Dobhar-Chu!
From what I read up on the Dobhar-Chu. Aren't they suppose to be 15 feet in length?

If we go the Cryptozoolicon route. The Lemisch could also be another of the largest species of otters is this hypothetical world.

Another Cryptozoologicon idea.

Water Lion: A saber-toothed cat that adapted to an aquatic lifestyle.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:and your deficiency as a cryptozoologist shows. Everyone knows that the Iemisch is larger than the Dobhar-Chu!
From what I read up on the Dobhar-Chu. Aren't they suppose to be 15 feet in length?

If we go the Cryptozoolicon route. The Lemisch could also be another of the largest species of otters is this hypothetical world.

Another Cryptozoologicon idea.

Water Lion: A saber-toothed cat that adapted to an aquatic lifestyle.
Dobhar-Chu is roughly 8 foot. The Imeisch is supposed to be around 10 foot.

Water Lion is already present in the original Cryptozoologicon under "Dingonek".

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Its been a while now but I've been really getting into speculative evolution regarding cryptozoology and mythology thanks to the book called Cryptozoologicon where it hypothetically imagines a world where cryptids exist but as real animals.

Some examples. Gambo being a marine monotreme, kelpie being a northern large aquatic chevrotain, dingonek as an aquatic saber-toothed cat, mbielu-mbielu-mbielu as a species of lungfish that evolved "plates".

Here's some I came up with on my own and already shared but some of them in better detail this time. Spoiled to avoid taking up most of the thread.
Spoiler:
Akhlut: I thought about the idea of making the akhlut a species of predatory pinniped with markings similar to orcas, basically the arctic equivalent to the leopard seal but I wanted to be creative and instead have it be the sole surviving member of a species of wolf-like cetacean that evolved from the same ancestors as whales that branched off into its own lineage while retaining its wolf-like features only taking a more aquatic lifestyle.

Altamaha-ha: A species of freshwater seal. At times at first glance, it might look reptilian but that's because it's sometimes covered in algae which it uses to camouflage helping it catch prey easier.

Dobhar-chu and Lemisch: Large species of otters like the giant otter and sea otter.

Mahamba: A species of crocodile descended from crocodylus thorbjarnarsoni, probably the largest species of living crocodilian.

Tatzelwurm: A large species of two-legged lizard that has pretty much adapted to the cold environment in the Alps. It has a facial structure with two pointy horns on its head that would otherwise resemble that of a cat as seen in myths.

Yowie: A species of marsupial that has hominid/primate traits through convergent evolution. Given Australia is dominated by marsupials I think if the Yowie were to be a real animal, it'd be a marsupial.

Added in 1 day 13 hours 17 minutes 28 seconds:
Here's my Cryptozoologicon takes on the Devil Monkey, Ennedi Tiger and Water Lion.

Devil Monkey: A species of new world monkey from Latin America that found its way into North America. Due to convergent evolution, it evolved to resemble that of baboons notably a dog-like snout.

Ennedi Tiger: A surviving member of the machairodontinae family aka saber-toothed cats. The Ennedi Tiger evolved from one of the species that eventually moved up into the mountainous ranges and areas to avoid competition with lions, leopards, and scavengers given its fangs likely would have made it a slow eater.

Water Lion: Another surviving member of the machairodontinae family. This saber-toothed cat eventually evolved an aquatic lifestyle in order to avoid competition with other big cats like lions and leopards, and to allow them to eat meat which has been putrefied in water. Their fangs being used to dig up shellfish and turtles from riverbeds, or even to gain a purchase on slippery riverbanks.

With the latter, the dingonek in Cryptozoologicon already pretty much fills that since it's considered a water lion, I just wanted to expand on the idea of these ideal aquatic saber-toothed cats more.

Also not my ideas but thought were too cool to pass upon and adopted. Credit goes to this user on AlternateHistory Forums.

Beast of Bray Road, Michigan Dogman, and other bipedal wolf-like cryptids: Large, carnivorous marsupials whose ancestors, like the distantly related opossum, crossed into North America from South America. In a case of parallel evolution with Australia's meat-eating kangaroos, it evolved bipedalism, developing an extremely fast gallop so as to better compete with its placental rivals.

Nandi Bear: A gorilla-sized baboon in, which evolved to take over the niches left by the great apes when they became extinct in much of East Africa. Unlike their relatives, they live in small family groups instead of large troops, their size and food requirements keeping them from joining up in large bands. They are mostly vegetarian but will eat meat on a semi-regular basis.

Trunko: An aquatic thethythere, either as part of a fourth hitherto unknown order or as part of sirenia within the family dugongidae which grew to convergently evolve similar to whales.

Underwater Panther: On the ocean-like expanse of the Great Lakes of North America, a species of lynx has evolved a semi-aquatic lifestyle similar to the fishing cat of Asia. Chasing down fish, muskrat, beavers, and frogs, the underwater panther also became adept at snagging fish right off the line or from the net as humans began to fish in the area. This mischievous habit combined with their haunting, eerie vocalizations has contributed to many Algonquian peoples such as the Ojibwe giving this animal a legendary status.

Ones I've also adopted.

Flatwoods Monster: A member of the giant salamander species alongside hellbenders, Chinese, and Japanese giant salamanders. On that night the proposed Flatwoods Monster was sighted, what those people saw was one of those salamanders which was leaning against a tree, and given how dark it was made it seem much bigger hence its eyes looking like they were at in front along with its arms. It somewhat takes up the niche of crocodilians given the colder environment that would be unsuitable for them.

Loch Ness Monster: A gargantuan species of newt that evolved a body structure similar to that of a plesiosaur and probably the largest amphibian alive reaching a length of 20-25 feet on average. Because of being an amphibian, it doesn't have to surface very often and like giant salamanders and hellbenders can stay hidden at the bottom of Loch Ness for long periods of time.

The idea of the Flatwoods Monster and Nessie comes from these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE9pEBEZk4Q - 30:00 mark

https://twitter.com/TetZoo/status/1295841205901721600
Added in 12 days 6 hours 51 minutes 21 seconds:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -bush.html

Claims of what is said to be fresh stool of Australia's Bigfoot aka the Yowie.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Added in 12 days 6 hours 51 minutes 21 seconds:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -bush.html

Claims of what is said to be fresh stool of Australia's Bigfoot aka the Yowie.
'Whatever did this decided to break the termite mound and poo on it. No animal I know off would/could do that,' the group member wrote.
Well no, no animal off the top of my head would destroy a termite mound just to defecate on it after...

...Except for humans that is.

Added in 6 minutes 58 seconds:
And really, he took pictures but didn't think to grab a sample? Had it panned out this could totally have been pretty ironclad evidence, but nooo, gotta dash before the boogieman gets ya. Sigh

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

My dogs walk through anthills and then dump on them all the time. The idea that no animal other than a Yowie would do that is... ( 8-) ) a load of crap.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

JAGzilla wrote:My dogs walk through anthills and then dump on them all the time. The idea that no animal other than a Yowie would do that is... ( 8-) ) a load of crap.
Well, a termite mound is a bit bigger and sturdier than an anthill, but point made.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Another cryptid I envision as a real animal in the hypothetical world of Cryptozoologicon.

This time. The Burrunjor.

As you may know. Australia used to be home to meat-eating kangaroos and kangaroos have somewhat of a theropod-like stance. In the world of Cryptozoologicon, a member of those species survived becoming what would be the burrunjor.

Either that or a carnivorous marsupial that evolved a body structure similar to that of a theropod.

https://cryptidz.fandom.com/wiki/Burrun ... supial.png
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

I have to say, this is probably the most convincing Big Foot video I've ever seen

https://youtu.be/mvYLovp5isw
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home