New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Re: New member introductions!

Postby eabaker » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:35 am

Zarm wrote:
Mr. Introspection wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Man, this guy......BORING!!! Its a very underrated film that goes above peoples head. A boy who finds strength within himself to defy his so called place in this world through his own imagination. BORING?????

Yup, guess he will fit in with the other professional film critics here in TK.

Pffft. Boring...

Haha well I am going to school for filmmaking so it's in my nature to look at all films, no matter what genre, somewhat critically.

Very cool! Where at? I am a video editor by trade (and amateur director), and eabaker is also a video pro (and far more of a filmmaker than I), so you are in good film-school company. :)

Yes, any time you want to talk about the relevance of the Kuleshov effect to Gamera vs. Guiron, we're happy to join in! ;)
Last edited by eabaker on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Mr. Introspection
Ronin

Postby Mr. Introspection » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:54 am

Zarm wrote:
Mr. Introspection wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Man, this guy......BORING!!! Its a very underrated film that goes above peoples head. A boy who finds strength within himself to defy his so called place in this world through his own imagination. BORING?????

Yup, guess he will fit in with the other professional film critics here in TK.

Pffft. Boring...

Haha well I am going to school for filmmaking so it's in my nature to look at all films, no matter what genre, somewhat critically.

Very cool! Where at? I am a video editor by trade (and amateur director), and eabaker is also a video pro (and far more of a filmmaker than I), so you are in good film-school company. :)

For the sake of my privacy I won't say exactly where I'm studying, but I will say I am currently studying at a university in New York. Have you done any sort of work in the field yet?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:18 pm

Mr. Introspection wrote:
Zarm wrote:
Mr. Introspection wrote:

For the sake of my privacy I won't say exactly where I'm studying, but I will say I am currently studying at a university in New York. Have you done any sort of work in the field yet?

I've been in the video industry for a little over 11 years, though most of my editing (with the exception of a few short films I've been fortunate to be a part of) has been more corporate talking head and informational videos than anything to do with narrative filmmaking. That's more of a hobby on my own time than anything I'm paid to do.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

CommanderBowser
Ronin

Postby CommanderBowser » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:44 am

Hello fellow Godzilla fans, I'm new here (as a member), and I going to say that this will be a very fun site to be on.

So with that, the Godzilla franchise is one of the main reasons I'm here, and this site, will hopefully become a common place to hang around.
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:25 am

Welcome!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:24 am

CommanderBowser wrote:Hello fellow Godzilla fans, I'm new here (as a member), and I going to say that this will be a very fun site to be on.

So with that, the Godzilla franchise is one of the main reasons I'm here, and this site, will hopefully become a common place to hang around.

Welcome to TK!!! This place gets pretty crazy and weird, but we hope you enjoy it. :P
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"The best the Heisei series has to offer": https://youtu.be/yuCmc1I6qqE

eabaker wrote:
But then, why... Why does MechaGoji Bro7503 keep protecting us?

Maybe because... MechaGoji Bro7503 is inside each one of us!

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:17 am

CommanderBowser wrote:Hello fellow Godzilla fans, I'm new here (as a member), and I going to say that this will be a very fun site to be on.

Woah, whoa, buddy, back off with this 'fun' stuff! Toho Kingdom is not 'fun', and that's not what anybody comes here for. We're here to argue to the death over every little thing, and chew bubble gum. And we ran out of bubble gum years ago.

Welcome aboard. ;)

CommanderBowser
Ronin

Postby CommanderBowser » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:23 am

Thanks, I'm ready for this site.

Now to start out with some stuff somewhere on this site.
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

Rhedosaurus
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Rhedosaurus » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:32 am

Nice to see a new member here. :)

MikeSTZillak
Interpol Agent

Postby MikeSTZillak » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:56 pm

NSZ wrote:CAN WE GET OFFICIAL STATEMENTS HERE?

WOULD GOD HIMSELF LIKE TO CHIME IN?

Rest In Peace Stan Lee (1922-2018)

Excelsior!

Return to “General Discussion”