New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Gorudan
Ronin

Re: New member introductions!

Post by Gorudan »

eabaker wrote:
Gorudan wrote:I'm a video editor, and I'm hoping I can get a job as a film editor once I graduate.
Where are you located? I work in post.
I don't have the experience needed to do it as a job, but I do want to do it as a full-time thing at some point.
Just on the border of your waking mind, there lies another time where darkness and light are one. And as you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuKI1O ... Mv8js3by1w

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Gorudan wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Gorudan wrote:I'm a video editor, and I'm hoping I can get a job as a film editor once I graduate.
Where are you located? I work in post.
I don't have the experience needed to do it as a job, but I do want to do it as a full-time thing at some point.
I just figured I'd throw it out there for once you're done with school. :)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Gorudan wrote:Heyo, just joined. I've been lurking on the forums for a while now, and I decided to get an account.

I became a Godzilla fan when I was a kid. First movie was G98, but my first real movie was Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964). I've since seen every movie in the series.

I'm a video editor, and I'm hoping I can get a job as a film editor once I graduate.

Hoping I can engage in some fun discussions here.
Always nice to have a fellow video on editor on board. What's your preferred program? Welcome to the forums!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Gorudan
Ronin

Post by Gorudan »

Zarm wrote:
Gorudan wrote:Heyo, just joined. I've been lurking on the forums for a while now, and I decided to get an account.

I became a Godzilla fan when I was a kid. First movie was G98, but my first real movie was Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964). I've since seen every movie in the series.

I'm a video editor, and I'm hoping I can get a job as a film editor once I graduate.

Hoping I can engage in some fun discussions here.
Always nice to have a fellow video on editor on board. What's your preferred program? Welcome to the forums!
Adobe Premiere Pro is my program of choice. :P
Just on the border of your waking mind, there lies another time where darkness and light are one. And as you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuKI1O ... Mv8js3by1w

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Gorudan wrote:Adobe Premiere Pro is my program of choice. :P
Right on, my man! :) Same here!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Zarm wrote:
Gorudan wrote:Adobe Premiere Pro is my program of choice. :P
Right on, my man! :) Same here!
*waving hello from far off Avid country*
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Hi. Thought this would be the best place for my first post. I've been a Godzilla fan since I was a kid through a combination of Blockbuster rentals of Final Wars and Godzilla 2000, YouTube videos of Godzilla: The Series, and scrolling through Toho Kingdom. I've been lurking publicly for a while and decided to finally join. Hope I can be a good part of this community.

RIP Evan.

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Hi. Thought this would be the best place for my first post. I've been a Godzilla fan since I was a kid through a combination of Blockbuster rentals of Final Wars and Godzilla 2000, YouTube videos of Godzilla: The Series, and scrolling through Toho Kingdom. I've been lurking publicly for a while and decided to finally join. Hope I can be a good part of this community.
Ayee, welcome!
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Hi. Thought this would be the best place for my first post. I've been a Godzilla fan since I was a kid through a combination of Blockbuster rentals of Final Wars and Godzilla 2000, YouTube videos of Godzilla: The Series, and scrolling through Toho Kingdom. I've been lurking publicly for a while and decided to finally join. Hope I can be a good part of this community.
Welcome aboard! Prepare to see your favorite films abused, your least favorite films praised, and any mention of Star Wars turn into a raging multi-page debate! ;)

Just kidding!* This is actually one of the most civil forums I've ever been fortunate enough to be a part of, and I hope you'll enjoy you're time here as much as I have! Glad to have you here!

*Except if you've been lurking, you already know it's true! :twisted:
Last edited by Zarm on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maranatha!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Zarm wrote:
Welcome aboard! Prepare to see your favorite films abused, your least favorite films praised, and any mention of Star Wars turn into a raging multi-page debate! ;)

Just kidding!* This is actually one of the most civil forums I've ever been fortunate enough to be a part of, and I hope you'll enjoy you're time here as much as I have! Glad to have you here!

*Except if you've been lurking, you already know it's true! :twisted:
Thank you! I eagerly am awaiting the debates. ;)

ps. it is really sureal as a lurker to see someone respond to me
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

RIP Evan.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Dear Soggy,

This letter is to welcome you to Toho Kingdom, a forum that you will not be banned from for breaking the fourth wall or telling jokes beyond two posts.

Welcome Soggy! I look forward to having you here! :huge:

I too read these forums for several months before joining. In your case however, you have yet to learn an important rule, as shown when you said:
Hope I can be a good part of this community.
Buddy, being a member of TK is like being a member of Hell's Angels, you gotta admit you're bad (sarcastic) to get in. :lol:
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Angilas
Ronin

Post by Angilas »

Hi everyone!

The dub reconstruction projects lured me here. I grew up with Godzilla VHS tapes, and I've recently experienced pangs of nostalgia for the versions of my youth.

It's really heartening to see people have taken it upon themselves to try and faithfully recreate the viewing experience of yesteryear. :D

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Welcome, Angilas! I've just started to investigate (and work on) some of those fan edits myself. Exciting stuff! Hope you enjoy the rest of the forums, too!

Maranatha!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Angilas wrote:Hi everyone!

The dub reconstruction projects lured me here. I grew up with Godzilla VHS tapes, and I've recently experienced pangs of nostalgia for the versions of my youth.

It's really heartening to see people have taken it upon themselves to try and faithfully recreate the viewing experience of yesteryear. :D
The fanedits are some of the coolest parts of this fandom. Welcome to the fold.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Angilas wrote:Hi everyone!

Welcome Angilas! Hope you stick around.

I guess its like my wise ancestors said: come for the dub reconstructions, stay for the chicks.*

*Just kidding, we don't have any chicks (except Castellan** and the 8 minutes a year Vats is logged in.) :lol:

** I might've spelled that wrong.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I think we have a few more than that...?

Maranatha!

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

Zarm wrote:I think we have a few more than that...?
BooLugosi. We have BooLugosi. And the one political girl Lolitra.
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

godzillafan1954 wrote:
I feel like Boo left. I haven't seen her post in forever.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Am I just making up... Valerian, I believe it was spelled? Or is that just a guy with a girl for an icon?

Added in 25 seconds:
Maritonic wrote:
godzillafan1954 wrote:
I feel like Boo left. I haven't seen her post in forever.
Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing.

EDIT: Member-finder says she hasn't been here since February.
Last edited by Zarm on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!