New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New member introductions!

Post by eabaker »

godzillafan1954 wrote:
dissertationhelp wrote:hello.
my name is Adam Turner.
i am also new on this community. i am a writer and also provided dissertation help to students
So if any body wants to Dissertation help then contact me.
Thanks
Welcome!
I'm sure that the poorly written spam appreciates your greeting. :)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

DaruniaDancing
Samurai

Post by DaruniaDancing »

What's there to say? I'm 29, getting married soon, and looking for a friendly film community. It might be hard to believe, given my often sloppy posts, but I actually write for a living.

Ummm, I'm just starting to immerse myself in the Godzilla fandom, going through the movies one by one. I want to watch them all. I've seen a bunch of them before, but now I'm trying to do it more systematically....watching them in chronological order so I don't miss any. I'm honestly not sure why I've gotten so into Godzilla lately. I doubt I saw the original as a kid. I remember having Godzilla and King Kong toys. My parents had a VHS copy of Gorgo, this British knockoff of the King of Monsters. The critically abhorred 1998 Godzilla came out when I was the right the age. I remember the advertisements and articles about it being everywhere...maybe it imprinted on me or something. Of course, I loved the 2014 Godzilla. Maybe it's just that?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

DaruniaDancing wrote:I'm honestly not sure why I've gotten so into Godzilla lately. I doubt I saw the original as a kid. I remember having Godzilla and King Kong toys. My parents had a VHS copy of Gorgo, this British knockoff of the King of Monsters. The critically abhorred 1998 Godzilla came out when I was the right the age. I remember the advertisements and articles about it being everywhere...maybe it imprinted on me or something. Of course, I loved the 2014 Godzilla. Maybe it's just that?
Probably not any one thing. I can think of a few different points in my childhood where Godzilla had some significant impact on me, and there's just never been a time that I didn't have some awareness of and affection for the character.

But, yeah, his renewed pop culture presence, with both the '14 film and the impending stateside release of Shin Godzilla, is probably a factor that's awakening/re-awakening the dedicated fan in a lot of us.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

DaruniaDancing
Samurai

Post by DaruniaDancing »

Good to know there are other recently awakened/reawakened fans out there!

RHF
GPN Volunteer

Post by RHF »

Well, technically I'm certainly not a new member but I haven't posted here that often that I probably can still be consider a noob. I have considered trying to make this a new place to visit more often, as my main and first forum I joined has been erased from the internet for about 3 years now, and about the only place I'm truly active anywhere is gamefaqs. Still, don't believe I've ever introduced myself.

Been a Godzilla fan since the mid 90s from what I remember. I can't recall what exactly got me into the series, but probably having seen one of the Showa era movies as a kid that got me into it, also the Dark horse comics helped a bit, favorite villain has always been Mecha Godzilla for me, something about robotic doppelgangers are always a favorite of mine, with the likes of Metal Sonic. Still love the big lug, and am excited to go see his latest offering in theaters later in October.
For great justice, and fruit pies!

Firestorm
Yojimbo

Post by Firestorm »

Howdy, I am a long time lurker that finally decided to join this place.

Gene Worm
Ronin

Post by Gene Worm »

I grew up watching cheesy monster movies and still do to this day, but however, much later I began to take heavy research into kaiju and tokusatsu, and eventually started collecting figures as a hobby. I've always loved cheesy B-Rated movies and am glad to see that there's still a thriving fanbase for these obscure wonders.
"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest-looking thing, yet! Some of your buddies went down there awhile ago, and I haven't seen them since."

"I just got my ass kicked by Christmas cookies."

"You may have to rethink your strategies, gentlemen."

"Hahahahaheheheh.... Baretaka!!!"

"Omae wa shinde iku noda!!!"

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Hello

Been a long time watcher of kaiju movies with my first being King Kong VS Godzilla but my film collection started with Godzilla vs Mothra Battle for Earth. Since then I've watched and own lots kaiju movies, and not just Toho's. I found this site a long time ago because of KWC but also enjoyed most of its other content as well. As for why I joined the forum now....well it just felt right.

Favorite Kaiju: Well thats obvious, Monster X.

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

Monster X wrote:Hello

Been a long time watcher of kaiju movies with my first being King Kong VS Godzilla but my film collection started with Godzilla vs Mothra Battle for Earth. Since then I've watched and own lots kaiju movies, and not just Toho's. I found this site a long time ago because of KWC but also enjoyed most of its other content as well. As for why I joined the forum now....well it just felt right.

Favorite Kaiju: Well thats obvious, Monster X.
Welcome to Toho Kingdom!!
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

godzillafan1954 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom!!
Thank you :) .

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Monster X wrote:
godzillafan1954 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom!!
Thank you :) .
You're welcome!
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.

Goji97
Ronin

Post by Goji97 »

I'm a 19 year old guy from Australia
Studying theatre at college
The first Godzilla film I saw was "Godzilla vs Megaguirus" which I rented from my local video store (damn I love that film so much)
My Mum bought me a VHS tape of Son of Godzilla when I was 9 years old, still have the tape and have kept as a great memory
Get weird looks from people when I say I'm a Godzilla fan, apparently it's childish (the first movie would surprise them) but why worry when I can talk to a group of awesome people who share the same appreciation for the Big G!

sharky
Young Farmer

Post by sharky »

Just came back from watching Shin Godzilla. Been a long time movie buff in general which encompasses Japanese cinema as well. Look forward to a renewed focus on a long time childhood favorite, Godzilla! I plan to put more effort in collecting and watching more Godzilla movies which, admittedly, has not be given the attention it deserves over the years.

EternalMothra
Samurai

Post by EternalMothra »

This isn't a new member introduction - it's more or less an "old" member one. It's been years since I've ventured this place. I figured I'd come back and give it a try.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Hi! I'm Coobzilla, not really a new member, I joined a while back but I've been inactive for a while. Just wanted to formally introduce myself.
Resized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

EternalMothra wrote:This isn't a new member introduction - it's more or less an "old" member one. It's been years since I've ventured this place. I figured I'd come back and give it a try.
EternalMothra from Kaijuphile?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Did not find this until now, My name is Dao, a high school student. Interested in writing and currently taking graphic design classes because why not. First Godzilla film I've ever watched which also hooked me to the series would be Godzilla vs Gigan followed by Ghidorah the three headed monster.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

GargantuaTarantula
Samurai

Post by GargantuaTarantula »

Hey I've been reading the forums for a while since G14 came out and renewed my interest in Kaiju films. The first one I ever saw was King Kong Vs Godzilla and now I'm ecstatic that they'll be facing off again. My favorite Toho movies are War of the Gargantuas, KK VS G, King Kong Escapes, and Godzilla Vs Hedorah. I look forward to discussing these awesome movies and hopefully discovering some new Kaiju movies for me to devour.

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

GargantuaTarantula wrote:Hey I've been reading the forums for a while since G14 came out and renewed my interest in Kaiju films. The first one I ever saw was King Kong Vs Godzilla and now I'm ecstatic that they'll be facing off again. My favorite Toho movies are War of the Gargantuas, KK VS G, King Kong Escapes, and Godzilla Vs Hedorah. I look forward to discussing these awesome movies and hopefully discovering some new Kaiju movies for me to devour.
Welcome to Toho Kingdom!!

GargantuaTarantula
Samurai

Post by GargantuaTarantula »

Thanks!