New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: New member introductions!

Post by JAGzilla »

Mr. Introspection wrote:
Godzilla Raids Again is a masterpiece.
Now that's an opinion that I've not heard in... a long time... a long time...

It's always great to see the less popular movies get some appreciation, though! Which leads to the obvious question: what's your stance on Godzilla's Revenge? I'm in the camp that considers it an underrated, if admittedly somewhat rough around the edges, gem.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Mr. Introspection
Ronin

Post by Mr. Introspection »

JAGzilla wrote:
Mr. Introspection wrote:

It's always great to see the less popular movies get some appreciation, though! Which leads to the obvious question: what's your stance on Godzilla's Revenge? I'm in the camp that considers it an underrated, if admittedly somewhat rough around the edges, gem.
I understand how some could consider it that but personally I find it to be just flat out boring. The only parts I enjoyed are the parts where Godzilla is fighting Gabara but that's about it. I'm not a fan of the overuse of stock footage in the film, and the human aspects are just terrible.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

See? What did I tell you? Good head on his shoulders. :)

(I agree)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Mr. Introspection wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:
Mr. Introspection wrote:

I understand how some could consider it that but personally I find it to be just flat out boring. The only parts I enjoyed are the parts where Godzilla is fighting Gabara but that's about it. I'm not a fan of the overuse of stock footage in the film, and the human aspects are just terrible.
Man, this guy......BORING!!! Its a very underrated film that goes above peoples head. A boy who finds strength within himself to defy his so called place in this world through his own imagination. BORING?????

Yup, guess he will fit in with the other professional film critics here in TK.

Pffft. Boring...

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

And morally terrible. Don't forget that one.

Boring and morally terrible. And existentially depressing.
Last edited by Zarm on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Mr. Introspection
Ronin

goji89 wrote:
Mr. Introspection wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:

Man, this guy......BORING!!! Its a very underrated film that goes above peoples head. A boy who finds strength within himself to defy his so called place in this world through his own imagination. BORING?????

Pffft. Boring...
Haha well I am going to school for filmmaking so it's in my nature to look at all films, no matter what genre, somewhat critically.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Mr. Introspection wrote: Haha well I am going to school for filmmaking so it's in my nature to look at all films, no matter what genre, somewhat critically.
-_- ...Ohhh.Filmaking....But, not a professional film critic...gotcha..... :huge:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Mr. Introspection wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Mr. Introspection wrote:

Pffft. Boring...
Haha well I am going to school for filmmaking so it's in my nature to look at all films, no matter what genre, somewhat critically.
Very cool! Where at? I am a video editor by trade (and amateur director), and eabaker is also a video pro (and far more of a filmmaker than I), so you are in good film-school company. :)

Maranatha!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Zarm wrote:
Mr. Introspection wrote:
goji89 wrote:

Pffft. Boring...
Very cool! Where at? I am a video editor by trade (and amateur director), and eabaker is also a video pro (and far more of a filmmaker than I), so you are in good film-school company. :)
Yes, any time you want to talk about the relevance of the Kuleshov effect to Gamera vs. Guiron, we're happy to join in! ;)
Last edited by eabaker on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Mr. Introspection
Ronin

Zarm wrote:
Mr. Introspection wrote:
goji89 wrote:

Pffft. Boring...
For the sake of my privacy I won't say exactly where I'm studying, but I will say I am currently studying at a university in New York. Have you done any sort of work in the field yet?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Mr. Introspection wrote:
Zarm wrote:
Mr. Introspection wrote:
For the sake of my privacy I won't say exactly where I'm studying, but I will say I am currently studying at a university in New York. Have you done any sort of work in the field yet?
I've been in the video industry for a little over 11 years, though most of my editing (with the exception of a few short films I've been fortunate to be a part of) has been more corporate talking head and informational videos than anything to do with narrative filmmaking. That's more of a hobby on my own time than anything I'm paid to do.

Maranatha!

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

Hello fellow Godzilla fans, I'm new here (as a member), and I going to say that this will be a very fun site to be on.

So with that, the Godzilla franchise is one of the main reasons I'm here, and this site, will hopefully become a common place to hang around.
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Welcome!

Maranatha!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

CommanderBowser wrote:Hello fellow Godzilla fans, I'm new here (as a member), and I going to say that this will be a very fun site to be on.

So with that, the Godzilla franchise is one of the main reasons I'm here, and this site, will hopefully become a common place to hang around.
Welcome to TK!!! This place gets pretty crazy and weird, but we hope you enjoy it. :P
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

CommanderBowser wrote:Hello fellow Godzilla fans, I'm new here (as a member), and I going to say that this will be a very fun site to be on.

Woah, whoa, buddy, back off with this 'fun' stuff! Toho Kingdom is not 'fun', and that's not what anybody comes here for. We're here to argue to the death over every little thing, and chew bubble gum. And we ran out of bubble gum years ago.

Welcome aboard. ;)
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

Thanks, I'm ready for this site.

Now to start out with some stuff somewhere on this site.
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Nice to see a new member here. :)

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Post by Hedorah »

My my it has been a while. Last log in was 2014. It’s good to be back.
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."
I wrote: Fuck the Dave the isn't footings happen

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Hedorah wrote:My my it has been a while. Last log in was 2014. It’s good to be back.
Welcome back!

Maranatha!