New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Re: New member introductions!

Post by KaijuFiend »

Hello everyone :) I don't know how long I've been a Godzilla fan. I don't remember how I got into Godzilla. I guess I saw a Godzilla film and was hooked after that? I must have been around three years old - it's impossible for me to remember that far back. But I can't remember a time before I loved Godzilla. I'm currently trying to watch all the Godzilla films before I go see the new one next month :) My favorite monsters are Godzilla and Biollante.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

KaijuFiend wrote:Hello everyone :) I don't know how long I've been a Godzilla fan. I don't remember how I got into Godzilla. I guess I saw a Godzilla film and was hooked after that? I must have been around three years old - it's impossible for me to remember that far back. But I can't remember a time before I loved Godzilla. I'm currently trying to watch all the Godzilla films before I go see the new one next month :) My favorite monsters are Godzilla and Biollante.
Greetings, new member. Welcome, this place can get funny at times.
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

MechanicOrga
Young Farmer

Post by MechanicOrga »

nani sore wrote:
MechanicOrga wrote:Hi guys! I'm new to these forums as I've moved from another forum to this one. I originally used to go to the Colossal Kaiju Combat forums but I quickly grew bored of it; I don't feel I have much to do there lol. I occasionally visit every now and then but I've lost my overall purpose there. In fact I used to help design monsters with people and do sketches for them; I'm an artist y'know. :3

But yeah, I can't wait to get searching. :D

(P.S. I'm using an iPad to type this and I couldn't find the er... thing, to post comments, so I had to quote the last comment posted in order to post this comment. Yeah I'm a newbie, hehe).
Welcum to the forums, MO.
Aw, thank ye! ^3^
Hey, check out:
- My DeviantART! http://mechanicorga.deviantart.com

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

You have no idea where you are do you? Just a quick reminder....Your opinion here can rustle jimmies as far as the eye can see, be it toys or films even how your day went, GOOD LUCK!

Just kidding, or am I?

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

goji89 wrote:You have no idea where you are do you? Just a quick reminder....Your opinion here can rustle jimmies as far as the eye can see, be it toys or films even how your day went, GOOD LUCK!

Just kidding, or am I?
Like my signature :)
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

Dino4ex
Samurai

Post by Dino4ex »

Hello everyone. I have been a fan my whole life ever since I saw Mothra vs Godzilla and Terror of Mechagodzilla. I was already familiar with the site so I decided to join.
Giant Carnivorous Ants

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Dino4ex wrote:Hello everyone. I have been a fan my whole life ever since I saw Mothra vs Godzilla and Terror of Mechagodzilla. I was already familiar with the site so I decided to join.
Greetings and neat avatar.

davezilla
Yojimbo

Post by davezilla »

Hello All,

Just introducing myself. I've been a fan of Godzilla since I was 4 (a long LONG time ago) lol. I haven't been active in the fan community for a while but I was back from 95-2000 the webmaster of a Mothra fan site called Infant Island (back when Geocities was functioning if anyone remembers Geocities...).

Trying to get back into collecting kaiju vinyl so I may ask if anyone is interested in selling or trading. My other hobbies are Doctor Who, Star Trek and Chinese military history.

Pleased to meet everyone. :-)
Dave aka davezilla or djzilla
I need a cool signature....*sobs into pillow*

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Post by KJ Corp »

davezilla wrote:Hello All,

Just introducing myself. I've been a fan of Godzilla since I was 4 (a long LONG time ago) lol. I haven't been active in the fan community for a while but I was back from 95-2000 the webmaster of a Mothra fan site called Infant Island (back when Geocities was functioning if anyone remembers Geocities...).

Trying to get back into collecting kaiju vinyl so I may ask if anyone is interested in selling or trading. My other hobbies are Doctor Who, Star Trek and Chinese military history.

Pleased to meet everyone. :-)
Dave aka davezilla or djzilla
Welcome to the forums djzilla! :huge:

I hope you enjoy your stay, keep calm and don't feed trolls. ;)

Mailman354
Young Farmer

Post by Mailman354 »

Hello everyone! Obviously i'm new here=p I was in need of new forums more closely related to my interests and my short google search brought me here and this seems like quite the cool place to be!
(also i cant seem to get the custom avatar working)

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Aww, poor Mailman, no one gave you advice :P I'm still somewhat new to the site, so I don't know everything about how the avatars work. But if you go to User Control Panel > Profile > Edit Avatar, it should let you upload a picture if you have the url. It may take a few tries to get it to work. If all else fails, you can click on "display gallery" at the bottom of the page. TK has a ton of pre-made avatars you can use :)

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Welcome.
Sorry about the belated response; it's been a… busy week. :oops:
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by 1tisoygoji »

Hi everyone.
Been using Toho Kingdom for more than a year, yet, I never got an account on here. Loved Godzilla since I was four. Still getting used to the site.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

1tisoygoji wrote:Hi everyone.
Been using Toho Kingdom for more than a year, yet, I never got an account on here. Loved Godzilla since I was four. Still getting used to the site.
Hello and welcome :)

Devianteist
Yojimbo

Post by Devianteist »

Salutations, everyone. I am the Devianteist, a man of strange beliefs and different perspectives. I am what seems to be referred to as a "lurker," as I sneaked around the forums here and at Godzilla-Movies for quite some time before actually joining the sites. While I find G-M easier to navigate, this site is more well managed it would seem.

My love from Godzilla began in the early 2000s. My first movie was GODZILLA '98, followed quickly by an obsession to possess anything containing the name Godzilla. The next in line was GODZILLA: King of the Monsters and, being the child I was, I was confused why it wasn't in color, and why Godzilla didn't look the same as the '98 version. That quickly changed as I came to possess all of the Hesei movies, plus one or two Showa, and I came to love the original Japanese Godzilla so much, that I forgot about GINO/Zilla completely. As a side note, I recently was introduced to Gamera as well. I have only watched one movie, GAMERA 3: The Revenge of Iris.

My all time favorite Godzilla movie is Godzilla VS Destoroyah. Reason being is because of the [sort of forced] connection to the original movie, and the emotion Godzilla expressed when Destoroyah killed his adoptive son. Emotion is what drew me to the movie, and Godzilla's is POWERFUL.

However, my love of Godzilla dulled down immensely, to be replaced by Fallout and several other fictions ironically tied closely to nuclear metaphors. That is, until I caught wind of the new movie. As soon as I heard about it in late 2013, I immediately descended upon every piece of information I could, until I discovered the new monsters appearing in the movie. Though information was barren at the time, I soon discovered something that immediately set me in to see the movie, regardless of anything else: the MUTO organisms' bioluminescence.

As a child, I always wanted to see abnormally large, insectoid-like creatures that possessed a form of bioluminescence. These new kaiju possess all of those traits, and then some. Some people say childhood dreams don't come true. Ha! It looks like one of mine finally is!

Anyway, again, salutations everyone. I'm glad to join this community.
Darth Nightmaricus wrote:About the Ghidorah riffing on Godzilla vs. Megalon.

Ghidorah: What the heck is wrong with this movie *pushes eject button on DVD player, pulls out disc with mouth, and then throws it out the window, then bashes the TV with his heads* IT'S TERRIBLE!
:muto:

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Hello,

I know how you feel about interest dyeing down for a while. I was in a similar position until I started reading up on Pacific Rim. I never really lost my Godzilla love, but PacRim helped me remember why I loved it in the first place. :lol:
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Welcome! :D Can't say I blame you for losing interest. I let my interest in Godzilla die somewhere around 2005, only to finally get back up to full interest in it as of last month. My stupid teenage "If I liked it as a kid, it's lame now" mindset was definitely to blame, but also lack of new films. I was kinda surprised to find out no new movies had come out while I was gone :shock: Lack of new content can definitely prompt disinterest.

I highly recommend checking out Pacific Rim if you haven't already. I don't remember if it was specifically stated to be bioluminescence, but all the kaiju had glowy parts that one would assume is bioluminescence. You'll probably love it :D

DaikaijuGojira1954
GPN Volunteer

Post by DaikaijuGojira1954 »

Hello everyone.

I'm a long time follower of the site/forums and figured with the new movie right around the corner I'd sign up. First started watching Godzilla in the cradle some 26 years ago and I guess I never really stopped lol. I currently live in Pennsylvania and my interests besides Kaiju Eiga are History (especially Japanese, Korean, and British History), languages, martial arts, and Doctor Who. Oh and I can read/speak a basic-intermediate level Japanese so I might be able to of some use from time to time on the forum.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

DaikaijuGojira1954 wrote:Hello everyone.

I'm a long time follower of the site/forums and figured with the new movie right around the corner I'd sign up. First started watching Godzilla in the cradle some 26 years ago and I guess I never really stopped lol. I currently live in Pennsylvania and my interests besides Kaiju Eiga are History (especially Japanese, Korean, and British History), languages, martial arts, and Doctor Who. Oh and I can read/speak a basic-intermediate level Japanese so I might be able to of some use from time to time on the forum.
I'll just jump in and greet you. :D Fun fact: I never introduced myself via this thread.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Welcome, daikaiju :)