New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Re: New member introductions!

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Zarm wrote:Welcome!
Thank you.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Hello Everyone,
Longtime Godzilla fan and collector here getting back into the hobby. I was very active in the Godzilla vinyl collectable world some 17 years ago. Had a website back then that was my screen name here and would post peoples Gfan vinyl collections for all to see. Took quite a few years away and even parted with some of my collection to keep it simple. Some things maybe I shouldn't have but probably necessary at the time. Just a few things picked up here and there while I was in "collection hibernation" but now I went back in with preorders and a couple of new aquisitions already in hand. Anyway, hope to share alot ot insight with you folks in the coming future.
Welcome Vinyl! :huge:
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
Longtime Godzilla fan and collector here getting back into the hobby. I was very active in the Godzilla vinyl collectable world some 17 years ago. Had a website back then that was my screen name here and would post peoples Gfan vinyl collections for all to see. Took quite a few years away and even parted with some of my collection to keep it simple. Some things maybe I shouldn't have but probably necessary at the time. Just a few things picked up here and there while I was in "collection hibernation" but now I went back in with preorders and a couple of new aquisitions already in hand. Anyway, hope to share alot ot insight with you folks in the coming future.
Welcome Vinyl! :huge:
Thank you!
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Welcome to the madhouse!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Welcome to the madhouse!
Thanks @MechaGoji Bro 7503
Resized Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Welcome to TK! Hope to see you around the toy threads.

Though word of advice, I'd take a year or two before heading to the Monsterarts thread.

RIP Evan.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Welcome to TK! Hope to see you around the toy threads.

Though word of advice, I'd take a year or two before heading to the Monsterarts thread.
Thanks SoggyNoodles2016! Ooooops, think it's too late.
Resized Image

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

Wow. This place has changed tremendously since I last visited. It's amazing to see it's still going strong in the 14 years I've been a member.
Proud father, husband, and son.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

14 years? Wow!

Welcome back!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

Zarm wrote:14 years? Wow!

Welcome back!
Yup. Joined the forums right before gfw was released and prior to the forums being migrated. Good times.
Proud father, husband, and son.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Greetings Earthings!

Great to finally be on here and posting...

I've been a friend of Godzilla since 1977 or so. That was many, many ears of corn ago. My first experience with his rubberness was Godzilla vs The Sea Monster, which beamed into my 5-ish year old brain, living in southern New Hampshire, via UHF56 outta Boston and The Creature Double Feature.

That first Saturday was the aforementioned American Pictures edit of Ebriah's moment in the sun, and the original 1933 King Kong. For a kid desperate to somehow metamorphose into a dinosaur, this was mana from heaven.

Since that day, I live from time to time in that world where giant monsters rise out of the depths and terrorize mankind, and I adore the Showa era above all, particularly the films of the 1960's, though I do revel in the pure fun of the films of the latter decade in the era.

The Heisei, excepting '84 TROG which is a thing all on its own, was a bitter disappointment for me, but that say a lot more about where I was in life, and what I wanted from the series, than a comment on the quality of the films themselves. As time goes by, I have come to appreciate the Heisei deeply. Of course, Vs Destoroyah absolutely redeems the era, and is in my top 5.

The 1990's also brought the internet, and that brought region-free VCDs and VHS from Asia and abroad. I was finally able to collect my first complete filmography, in the original Japanese with subtitles... and then eBay brought the evil, evil influence of Bandai and the designer drug... VINYL.

I sniffed vinyl and dug down on the Millennium series, particularly GMK, which was something completely unique in the franchise for the first time in forever, and there was a sense of cycle, when Toho announced Final Wars and the coming slumber. Final Wars turned out to be a big ol' sloppy love letter to the franchise from the people that make it, and felt genuinely without shame in it's willingness to show that messy, sloppy love.

I'll say a word here about homage, and tribute. When a film maker is given an opportunity to visit a world they have loved, but did not create, they are never more than a visitor, and as long as they remember that, and treat the world they are visiting with respect, they are welcome. What they will never be, are natives. To put it another way; I'll go hear a cover band play, but I'm probably not wearing their t-shirt.

In April of 2004, I finally got to see the original Japanese cut of Gojira, on the big screen, in Queens, New York. It had been a long time since I had seen even the American edit of the film, and seeing it in a cinema, and then very shortly afterward being able to own it on DVD, I have come to realize that what the American distributors did to it in 1956 was really an art crime. If you haven't seen the original cut, you really should.

In 2007, the wife-to-be and I decided that we needed to buy a house. So my various and numerous collectibles went back to eBay. With the exception of a very few special pieces I would NOT let go, I sold off all my Star Wars, Macross, Transformers and the VINYL... all that delicious Bandai vinyl. Of course, right after we sold all our stuff, the economy collapsed and so did our jobs. Not the right time to buy a house.

So, no Godzilla anywhere. None in the apartment. None on the movie screen. The 2010's sucked. Until 2015, when the wife and I finally bought that house... and started 2 years of paint, repairs and changes.

Then, Toho did something I didn't dream was possible, they brought back the allegory, they awoke the metaphor. Not for a million years did I think that in 2016 you could play Godzilla as a legitimate allegory for another disaster, and then Anno just up and does it. For sure the film is deeply flawed, but you have to admire the totality with which the franchise comes full circle with Shin Godzilla, returning the monster to his roots as a lesson in hubris, standing in for the madness of our lesser selves.

So that's me as a friend of ol' Godzillasaurus, I'm finally at a place where I've started collecting a little bit again. Just got the X-Plus Gigantic '62, and I'm eyeing up that Gigantic 2001 with the blue fins... I've had GMK going on the TV as I write this and I really do think that it's just about right on...

Eat your corn, kids. Eat your corn.
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Welcome!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

ApexOversteer wrote:Greetings Earthings!

Great to finally be on here and posting...

Eat your corn, kids. Eat your corn.
Welcome Apex! Hope you stick around.
goji89 wrote:

Marp
Yojimbo

Post by Marp »

Hello there! So glad to finally be on here, very excited too! I've been a Godzilla fan for as long as I can remember, I believe it was about.. 4 ish? Certainly during or after Cinemassacre was uploading his Godzillathon videos for his Monster Madness that year. Instantly, that clicked with me and I've grown up to my teenage years a Godzilla fan. Very recently, last year, I got the chance to see an actual Godzilla movie in the cinemas, Shin Godzilla! It was a honour that I will never forget. I wish I still had the tickets, heheh, but unfortunately they've been lost to time.

I also have a taste for a fair amount of things including Five Nights at Freddy's, My Hero Academia (though I've pretty much just started it, heheh..), some horror things and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I'm very excited to be here and hope I have a good time here!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Marp wrote:Hello there! So glad to finally be on here, very excited too! I've been a Godzilla fan for as long as I can remember, I believe it was about.. 4 ish? Certainly during or after Cinemassacre was uploading his Godzillathon videos for his Monster Madness that year. Instantly, that clicked with me and I've grown up to my teenage years a Godzilla fan. Very recently, last year, I got the chance to see an actual Godzilla movie in the cinemas, Shin Godzilla! It was a honour that I will never forget. I wish I still had the tickets, heheh, but unfortunately they've been lost to time.

I also have a taste for a fair amount of things including Five Nights at Freddy's, My Hero Academia (though I've pretty much just started it, heheh..), some horror things and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I'm very excited to be here and hope I have a good time here!
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Marp wrote:Hello there! So glad to finally be on here, very excited too! I've been a Godzilla fan for as long as I can remember, I believe it was about.. 4 ish? Certainly during or after Cinemassacre was uploading his Godzillathon videos for his Monster Madness that year. Instantly, that clicked with me and I've grown up to my teenage years a Godzilla fan. Very recently, last year, I got the chance to see an actual Godzilla movie in the cinemas, Shin Godzilla! It was a honour that I will never forget. I wish I still had the tickets, heheh, but unfortunately they've been lost to time.

Welcome! Prepare to hear repeatedly that your favorite movies are garbage, your least favorites are absolute masterpieces, and lots of random references to Bagan. :) Glad to have you aboard!

Maranatha!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Zarm wrote:

Welcome! Prepare to hear repeatedly that your favorite movies are garbage, your least favorites are absolute masterpieces, and lots of random references to Bagan. :) Glad to have you aboard!
Welcome! Yeah, as Zarm points out, there's a lot of arguing that goes on, so
Don't you lose it
Remember to take

Time out for fun!
Last edited by eabaker on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Hey, welcome! Nice to have another hoopy frood aboard. ;)

RIP Evan.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Welcome to the shithole of the internet Toho Kingdom! We hope you enjoy your stay :)
Last edited by Dv-218 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Carp, I'm late.

Greetings Marp! Here's hoping you stick around for years to come! :huge:
goji89 wrote: