New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Devianteist
Yojimbo

Re: New member introductions!

Post by Devianteist »

KaijuFiend wrote:Welcome! :D Can't say I blame you for losing interest. I let my interest in Godzilla die somewhere around 2005, only to finally get back up to full interest in it as of last month. My stupid teenage "If I liked it as a kid, it's lame now" mindset was definitely to blame, but also lack of new films. I was kinda surprised to find out no new movies had come out while I was gone :shock: Lack of new content can definitely prompt disinterest.

I highly recommend checking out Pacific Rim if you haven't already. I don't remember if it was specifically stated to be bioluminescence, but all the kaiju had glowy parts that one would assume is bioluminescence. You'll probably love it :D
This is late, and probably absolutely unnecessary, but oh well. Thank you for the welcome (and a bigger welcome to anyone who came after myself).

As for Pacific Rim, this here will sum it up-> http://youtu.be/fupWquPNoTc <-and to add to it, PR honestly disappointed me as a kaiju movie. That's just me, though.
Darth Nightmaricus wrote:About the Ghidorah riffing on Godzilla vs. Megalon.

Ghidorah: What the heck is wrong with this movie *pushes eject button on DVD player, pulls out disc with mouth, and then throws it out the window, then bashes the TV with his heads* IT'S TERRIBLE!
:muto:

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Ah, good ol' cancer-blocking future Altoids. :lol:
Personally I love Pacific Rim and I love the Honest Trailer for it too! :lol:
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I loved Pacific Rim, but I agree it has a lot of flaws. Since you didn't like it, I hope Muto gives you what you're looking for in a kaiju :)

Mr. Anonymous
Samurai

Post by Mr. Anonymous »

Greetings! My name is Juan "Mr Anonymous" Garcia! Some older members might remember me, I was a member briefly about ten years ago. I tried to look for my old account but couldn't find it so here we go again. :D

I've been a fan of Godzilla since I was a small boy growing up in the 80s but it wasn't until I was a teen in the late 90s with the hype surrounding the 1998 Godzilla movie that I became a real fan. I joined Kaijuphile, got up to a thousand hits, and made a cool fanfic, Monster Wars. After Final Wars, however, I just kinda drifted away and when I got back into the spirit of things with the new movie I tried to go back to kaijuphile and I was shocked to see it well... X_X

If its alive at all its a kind of undead zombie life but then I saw Toho Kingdom and was glad to see it still going strong. Maybe its the more cheerful forum design, kaijuphile's was also so oppressive. ;)

I want to go somewhere so I thought if anywhere else here then. I hope to make good friends here and at least have some folks to talk to. That's all and God be with you! :angel:

Sir Butterbeans
G-Force Personnel

Post by Sir Butterbeans »

^
Welcome to the forums Mr. Anonymous! I also almost joined Kaijuphile, But then I stumbled upon TK and... well you probably know how the rest of the story goes...
My Favorite Album...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVV_3Z1mp_c&app=desktop

Josh Homme wrote:Fear is the hand that pulls your strings
a useless toy, pitiful plaything
TK's Resident Gorillaz and QOTSA Fan!

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Welcome, Mr Anonymous! You definitely made the right choice in joining TK :)

AlbertMond
Ronin

Post by AlbertMond »

Hi.
I'm AlbertMond.
I don't use my name as much as I used to, but I'm on a huge down... so here's a revival. Long-time G-Fan, something of a sleeper cell, though. Came back here seeing the Fan-Art thread.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

AlbertMond wrote:Hi.
I'm AlbertMond.
I don't use my name as much as I used to, but I'm on a huge down... so here's a revival. Long-time G-Fan, something of a sleeper cell, though. Came back here seeing the Fan-Art thread.
Have a nice membership. :D
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

AlbertMond wrote:Hi.
I'm AlbertMond.
Welcome back! Hope you stay on TK, your input on things will be welcome :D

Gamingboy
Yojimbo

Post by Gamingboy »

Hi Folks, I'm Gamingboy. Back when I was younger (back when I was actually a boy, age-wise), I was a fairly big member of the old Rodan's Roost community (I was responsible for the Roostville thing, which grew so fast that when I briefly returned from my drift-away it had grown so big I had no idea what was going on :lol: ).

Anyway, as I sort of drifted away from Godzilla fandom for awhile though, but now, after getting my mind blown yesterday by Gareth Edwards' film... I feel like it's time to get back in.

So... Long Live the King!

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Welcome, Gaming boy! :D

Scarlet Spider
Interpol Agent

Post by Scarlet Spider »

Hey everyone. Been frequenting this site for several years. I dunno if there are any members from the Godzilla forum on Atari's website but that's how I found out about Tohokingdom several years ago. I went by Godzillafan666 back then. Never thought about joining here, decided I should now with the new Godzilla movie out. So yeah, hey everyone!

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Hello and welcome! :D

Nightlight
Ronin

Post by Nightlight »

Hi, I'm Nightlight, but you can just call me Night for short. I've been a fan of Godzilla since I was around 10 or 11 years old. I sort of lost interest in it by the time I turned 12, but now I am a huge fan once again after seeing the new movie! ^u^

I absolutely love to draw; in fact, I actually drew my avatar, which is of Millennium Gigan. I'm not the greatest at drawing kaiju; Gigan is pretty much the only one I can draw that looks decent... I'm better at drawing humans than I am with kaiju.

Speaking of Gigan, I am absolutely in love with Gigan! I've always been a huge fan of him; I always thought his design was so unique and I just loved it. Plus, he's just so awesome and amazing... OuO

I sometimes feel like I am basically one of the only female Godzilla fans. Other girls my age that I've talked to IRL always seemed to think that Godzilla is a weird interest for me to have (besides my 2 best friends IRL), but that doesn't really matter to me. I don't care what other girls think of my interest in Godzilla; I'll always love the series no matter what.

I hope I'll have a good time here! ^u^

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Female Godzilla fans R E P R E S E N T!

Welcome to the forums! I like your name and your avatar :D

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Welcome! I hope you like your stay. It can get a little weird around here, and the place has some unusually quirks, but it's nice and the people are good.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

O.o, didn't notice this area. I'm new to this forum, but it seems great so far. My favorite Kaiju is a toss-up between Grand King Ghidorah, Mecha King Ghidorah, and Ultraman Justice.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

A belated welcome my good Mystic.

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

Thanks and your name makes me wish Toho would come out with new MKG

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Welcome, MysticalDL!