New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
OrnithopodaistheBest
GPN Volunteer

Re: New member introductions!

Post by OrnithopodaistheBest »

Howdy there. Been spending some time on the main site and decided to make an account here. It's a great source of information for Toho media and it's allowed me to discover some obscure but genuinely intriguing stuff.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

OrnithopodaistheBest wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:32 pm Howdy there. Been spending some time on the main site and decided to make an account here. It's a great source of information for Toho media and it's allowed me to discover some obscure but genuinely intriguing stuff.
Howdy to you too Orni! I hope you’ll enjoy your stay down in these slums. Maybe you’ll be a big shot one day, who knows! Don’t be afraid to browse all the threads we have to offer, and don’t be afraid to share your opinions, unless they’re far right politically in nature, and the staff will take you down :P
Last edited by Voyager on Mon May 03, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

OrnithopodaistheBest
GPN Volunteer

Voyager wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:25 am Howdy to you two Orni! I hope you’ll enjoy your stay down in these slums. Maybe you’ll be a big shot one day, who knows! Don’t be afraid to browse all the threads we have to offer, and don’t be afraid to share your opinions, unless they’re far right politically in nature, and the staff will take you down :P
Thanks a bunch for the welcome friend! I'll certainly have an excellent time here :D

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

OrnithopodaistheBest wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:32 pm Howdy there. Been spending some time on the main site and decided to make an account here. It's a great source of information for Toho media and it's allowed me to discover some obscure but genuinely intriguing stuff.
Welcome, but your name is false. Ceratosauria forever!

(Though I will admit hadrosaurs are wonderful)

RIP Evan.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:25 am
Howdy to you too Orni! I hope you’ll enjoy your stay down in these slums. Maybe you’ll be a big shot one day, who knows! Don’t be afraid to browse all the threads we have to offer, and don’t be afraid to share your opinions, unless they’re far right politically in nature, and the staff will take you down :P
You're right about one thing, these mods are left leaning asf so much so they're walking sideways lol.

Seriously though, these guy's are great. Since the new mods been here they haven't gone out of their way to issue warnings and they let you go off topic a bit as long as it's not 2 to 3 pages bad. I'm on the right politically and not once have they've told me to stop even though I know they disagree with me with all their lil hearts. As long as you don't be a straight up jackass about your issues they'll let you be. Should of been here a few years back with warnings issued daily no off topic banter no fun allowed and any disagreement even two posts in you'd get a warning and they'd give it to the one they disliked the most it was awful lol.

I dislike mods but all of these guy's are great. So don't install fear when there is none.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

goji89 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:20 pm
You're right about one thing, these mods are left leaning asf so much so they're walking sideways lol.

Seriously though, these guy's are great. Since the new mods been here they haven't gone out of their way to issue warnings and they let you go off topic a bit as long as it's not 2 to 3 pages bad. I'm on the right politically and not once have they've told me to stop even though I know they disagree with me with all their lil hearts. As long as you don't be a straight up jackass about your issues they'll let you be. Should of been here a few years back with warnings issued daily no off topic banter no fun allowed and any disagreement even two posts in you'd get a warning and they'd give it to the one they disliked the most it was awful lol.

I dislike mods but all of these guy's are great. So don't install fear when there is none.

Everyone seems to be missing that it was a little “joke”

Added in 7 minutes 47 seconds:
Eh, didn’t mean to throw shade at the mods and “install fear”. I’m still learning, barely a year old.
For Emperor and Empire!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:40 pm
goji89 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:20 pm

Everyone seems to be missing that it was a little “joke”

Added in 7 minutes 47 seconds:
Eh, didn’t mean to throw shade at the mods and “install fear”. I’m still learning, barely a year old.
No I get it, trust me :lol: .

But remember when mentioning politics of any kind it's kinda hard to discern if it's a joke. Shyt be sensitive asf just for future refrence.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Yeah, I kinda get the gist of it now.
For Emperor and Empire!

OrnithopodaistheBest
GPN Volunteer

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:49 pm Welcome, but your name is false. Ceratosauria forever!
(Though I will admit hadrosaurs are wonderful)
Hehe, thanks friend! Yes hadrosaurs are fantastic, but i've got a liking toward Ceratosaurs as well. :D

mwbworld
Yojimbo

Post by mwbworld »

Just joined and I figured I'd at least post a new member introduction. Longtime Kaiju fan (since the 70s when watching the Showa era stuff was my mother's milk in TV viewing) But only recently start looking into connecting with the fan community. I've been listening to the old Kaijucast podcasts from the beginning (now in 2012!) which got me thinking hey this is my tribe I should be there. And I just got my first issue of G-Fan. So gradually checking things.

Generally I'm mixed bag of geek - loving anime & manga, SF&F , monsters/horror, MSTie, tokukatsu, k-drama and so much more.

Michael
Last edited by mwbworld on Mon May 10, 2021 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

mwbworld wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:59 am Just joined and I figured I'd at least post a new member introduction. Longtime Kaiju fan (since the 70s when watching the Showa era stuff was my mother's milk in TV viewing) But only recently start looking into connecting with the fan community. I've been listening to the old Kaijucast podcasts from the beginning (now in 2012!) which got me thinking hey this is my tribe I should be there. And I just got my first issue of G-Fan. So gradually checking things.

Generally I'm mixed bag of geek - loving anime & manga, SF&F , monsters/horror, MSTie, tokukatsu, k-drama and so much more.

Michael
Hello Michael! I hope you enjoy your stay here at the forums!
For Emperor and Empire!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

mwbworld wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:59 am Just joined and I figured I'd at least post a new member introduction. Longtime Kaiju fan (since the 70s when watching the Showa era stuff was my mother's milk in TV viewing) But only recently start looking into connecting with the fan community. I've been listening to the old Kaijucast podcasts from the beginning (now in 2012!) which got me thinking hey this is my tribe I should be there. And I just got my first issue of G-Fan. So gradually checking things.

Michael
Welcome!

RIP Evan.

Voddak
Ronin

Post by Voddak »

Hello everyone!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Voddak wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:13 am Hello everyone!
Hello!
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Voddak
Ronin

Post by Voddak »

Ok mods please bear with me as I attempt to reply, feel free to not approve any stupid mistakes I make.

Voddak
Ronin

Post by Voddak »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:26 am
Voddak wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:13 am Hello everyone!
Hello!
Nice to meet you haha, excuse me while I fail at basic tasks :P

GodzillaFan_13
Yojimbo

Post by GodzillaFan_13 »

Howdy!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

GodzillaFan_13 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:38 pm Howdy!
Welcome to the forums.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

MonsterTrinity
Young Farmer

Post by MonsterTrinity »

Hey everyone, this is my first post. Just a little background. I first got hooked on Godzilla and Kaiju in general back when I was a kid. My first VHS tapes were Godzilla vs Megalon and the first Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. Growing up, my parents rented different monster films for me from our local video store back in the day such as the original King Kong and the other Godzilla tapes. I then got introduced to Alien, Predator, and others as well, and I love every single one. Look forward to talking with people on these forums.

revengeofgoliath
Young Farmer

Post by revengeofgoliath »

Hello, as you can guess i'm new 'round these parts. Dumb question, but how exactly do I set an avatar? help would be much appreciated