What made you laugh today?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Re: What made you laugh today?

Post by KaijuCanuck »

eabaker wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:I'm not doing this in any mean way at all - but I am currently amusing myself by going to random users first ever posts. :P
Well, that made me go back and check my first ever post. Apparently, it was:
This is a question where I feel compelled to differentiate between "favorite" and "best."

Without a doubt, my favorite of Kaneko's kaiju flicks is Gamera 3. The tone is a wonderful balance of wonderment and terror, I find the characters really engaging (though I'll certainly agree that some are under-developed/under-utilized), I love the visual style of both the human and the monster scenes (and one area where all three Gamera flicks best the vast majority of Godzilla movies is in a sense of stylistic consistency between human drama and sfx sequences), I can just drift off and get lost in that score...

But I'd still call Gamera: GOTU Kankeo's best kaiju movie, because of the tightness and the accessibility of the storytelling, the clarity of the themes, and the excitement generated by the sfx sequences.

GMK would be a serious contender if it didn't fall off so badly in the third act. I absolutely love 2/3 of that movie, and then, as the climax approaches, I find it increasingly difficult to stay emotionally involved.

Of course, there's a lot to recommend G2, and I seem to recall that being the fan favorite of Kaneko's flicks back around '99/2000. It's just a little dry for me.
Not very funny. Sorry.
No, but it is just so classically eabaker. ;)

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

My first post:
I was about twelve years old when I first saw GvsD, and I'd known about the ending for years beforehand, so I was able to restrain myself. Barely.

Godzilla 1985, on the other hand...I was only about seven when I watched it, and had no idea what to expect. I thought the volcano killed him, and sobbed hysterically for a while afterwards. "MOMMY! GODZILLA'S DEAD! WAAAAAAAAAAH!" Or something to that effect. :huge:
Mildly amusing, I guess...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:I'm not doing this in any mean way at all - but I am currently amusing myself by going to random users first ever posts. :P
You monster. First you don't like, no, hate the Raimi trilogy, then you hold me at gunpoint trying to find out my state, then you probably did something else I don't remember. What more suffering could you possibly want? Do you want us all to just bow down and lick your shoes? :freak:

:P
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
You monster. First you don't like, no, hate the Raimi trilogy, then you hold me at gunpoint trying to find out my state, then you probably did something else I don't remember. What more suffering could you possibly want? Do you want us all to just bow down and lick your shoes? :freak:

:P

Yes. Start with the soles, that’s where all the dirt is. :twisted:

Added in 2 days 7 hours 31 minutes 28 seconds:
I know I'm pretty late to the Filthy Frank train (as in, so late he's already stopped doing it) but boy has it been a long time since I've had a belly laugh like this. "It's just a prank bro!"
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

:thumbsup:
Last edited by Grievous on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

God I miss MAD TV, this is one of their better skits. Easy Bake Ovens for Kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ3BqDf_MbM

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Keep an eye on this guy, he will be going places.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

NSFW :lol:

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Was on the phone with a customer today. Pretty normal. Seems like a sweet old lady. 65 years old. Tells me about how she's going through a divorce. Sad, but not unusual.

After we end the conversation I mute myself and let her hang up, as I do with any customer that calls in. Before she hangs up, though, she says, and I quote, "damn he sounds sexy."

I'm glad I muted myself because I laughed so hard my boss stared at me like I had gone nuts. I was all at once flattered, horrified and highly amused.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:Was on the phone with a customer today. Pretty normal. Seems like a sweet old lady. 65 years old. Tells me about how she's going through a divorce. Sad, but not unusual.

After we end the conversation I mute myself and let her hang up, as I do with any customer that calls in. Before she hangs up, though, she says, and I quote, "damn he sounds sexy."

I'm glad I muted myself because I laughed so hard my boss stared at me like I had gone nuts. I was all at once flattered, horrified and highly amused.
;) .....So when WE gonna here that sexy voice? Is it like Sean Connery maybe grittier like Clint Eastwood?

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Finding out that there's a musical adaption of Stephen King's Carrie.
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Does anyone else remember when Kid Rock rapped over Metallica?

This made me laugh...

And then I felt depressed.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

The "What's your favorite Dinosaur?" thread...

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I'm in trouble aren't I?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
I'm in trouble aren't I?
Well I’m not sure, let’s find out. :twisted:

Added in 2 minutes :
KaijuCanuck wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
I'm in trouble aren't I?
Why do you hate Wikizilla so much, man? What are you a Gojipedia person??

You disgust me.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
I'm in trouble aren't I?
Oh good lord, it's me quoting Wikizilla.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

I regret not paying much attention to legolambs over the past year
Between this and their nuWars parodies I haven't laughed so hard at their content in ages
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Better editing than Suicide Squad...

:thumbsup:

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

No wonder they're going extinct!
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.