What made you laugh today?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Re: What made you laugh today?

Post by Orichalcum »

^ That’s another classic :lol:

It’s so hard to pick a favorite because it’s all so funny lol.

Last edited by Orichalcum on Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

This still gets me rolling. XD

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Added in 6 hours 22 minutes 22 seconds:
I just saw this place called the “Nursing Home Wing of the fandom”

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I dropped off the map of the Ricky Gervias Show a while back, but I realized I need to figure out where I left off (or just listen to them all again?). Good tool for when I'm at home cooking or something and feel lonely.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I dropped off the map of the Ricky Gervias Show a while back, but I realized I need to figure out where I left off (or just listen to them all again?). Good tool for when I'm at home cooking or something and feel lonely.
I’ve always got their show on as background noise while I’m cooking or cleaning :lol:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

What a jerk.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tfw when you warn everyone to go back and edit their posts in the fetish thread, no one listens, and a mod locks it leading to a wall of shame that can never be eradicated :)
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Tfw when you warn everyone to go back and edit their posts in the fetish thread, no one listens, and a mod locks it leading to a wall of shame that can never be eradicated :)
Phew, good thing I erased my shame. :lol:
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

The fetish thread was locked again. :lol:
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Oof, good thing my one post in the fetish thread was rather tame.

Found an old ytp that gave me a chuckle.
Last edited by Billzilla1974 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

That’s a shame, I was gonna comment about my Mitt Romney fantasies… maybe next time :(

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

TK: "We are totally normal people. No idea why the Godzilla subreddit thinks we're weird."

Also TK: "I get sexually aroused by women turning into animals. Also by people shitting themselves."
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Tfw when you warn everyone to go back and edit their posts in the fetish thread, no one listens, and a mod locks it leading to a wall of shame that can never be eradicated :)
Don't worry, we already preserved your post before you even edited it :D
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:TK: "We are totally normal people. No idea why the Godzilla subreddit thinks we're weird."

Also TK: "I get sexually aroused by women turning into animals. Also by people shitting themselves."
:lol: Damn.

Yeah, the fetish thread definitely made me understand why people perceive this place as a creep zone…

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:TK: "We are totally normal people. No idea why the Godzilla subreddit thinks we're weird."

Hey I mean who doesn't?
Maybe that thread should be locked for a few years, and then unlocked in four years so everyone can revisit themselves four years ago.

I will say, now that I'm past the initial embarrassment, I think what I wrote makes me laugh, in that at least I grew up. I wrote two things on the fetish thread. I wrote:
-I fetishsize Asian women (yikes!) 死にたい。
-I also like masculine women/people who do not appeal to traditional aspects of beauty.

I think the former is amusing, because at the time of writing that, I had just started college, and was a red-pilled idiot. I had no real cultural perception of people, and held stereotypes. After that, I started taking a bunch of literature and film courses in college, and grew a genuine appreciation for Japanese art and literature. And then I started taking Japanese language classes. I also took a bunch of sociology and psychology classes. Now, with that mindset, I really hate what I wrote and regret saying that. Especially now that I live in Japan, and everything is chill and relaxed. I'm offended by myself from the past. But hey, I guess that's the value of a college education?

The latter isn't amusing, but it's indicative of my edgelord feelings at the time. I was convinced I was against romance and other edgy shit. I've subsequently dated very beautiful women by normative standards.

If you can say you feel and think the same way you did four years ago, then maybe there's an actual issue. Also fun fact, I wrote all that around the same time I thought GFW was the best Godzilla film. That might be clingier than anything else.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

I married a Korean/American woman because I like Asian ladies :shrug:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Orichalcum wrote:I married a Korean/American woman because I like Asian ladies :shrug:
Nothing wrong with that, and not trying to shame or say anything bad about anyone.

It's more of a personal issue of thinking about how surface level my mind was a few years ago. Now I'm deep in the kaiju kino and I might do my masters in Japanese literature. My current self just views my past self as an idiot.

I'm glad my motivations for moving to Japan are actually grounded in something 'admirable' and not something dumb like before.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Nothing wrong with that, and not trying to shame or say anything bad about anyone.

It's more of a personal issue of thinking about how surface level my mind was a few years ago. Now I'm deep in the kaiju kino and I might do my masters in Japanese literature. My current self just views my past self as an idiot.

I'm glad my motivations for moving to Japan are actually grounded in something 'admirable' and not something dumb like before.
Don't you just wanna teach them mighty whitey western literature? Yikes, cultural imperialism!!!!!
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Nothing wrong with that, and not trying to shame or say anything bad about anyone.

Don't you just wanna teach them mighty whitey western literature? Yikes, cultural imperialism!!!!!
THEY'RE GOING TO READ OF MICE AND MEN AND THEY ARE GOING TO LIKE IT

Orichalcum
Interpol Agent

Post by Orichalcum »

Force em’ to read The Kite Runner :twisted: