What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by Zarm »

2004Zilla wrote:The, "Let's bring back a fan favorite character from the source material we're adapting as a cameo where we kill them for no reason" trope is obnoxious.
Jimmy Olsen says hi. :(
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

2004Zilla wrote:The, "Let's bring back a fan favorite character from the source material we're adapting as a cameo where we kill them for no reason" trope is obnoxious.
Rip Nikolai (Resident Evil: Apocalypse)

Rip Douglas (Silent Hill: Revelation)

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

When people with cell phones, that are constantly on them to be on Facebook or to play games, don't answer them when you call them. :)
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

You just described my wife in a nutshell.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Zarm wrote:You just described my wife in a nutshell.
Take a random guess who I was describing.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Maritonic wrote:
Zarm wrote:You just described my wife in a nutshell.
Take a random guess who I was describing.
Social anxiety at phone conversation, or does she just never seem to keep it with her at the exact wrong moments?

Maranatha!

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

Maritonic wrote:When people with cell phones, that are constantly on them to be on Facebook or to play games, don't answer them when you call them. :)
My oldest brother's job is to answer the phone all day, so he just wants peace when he isn't working. He'll text instead. lol

Edit: for annoying things, Windows updates. I hate.
Last edited by Beast Blood on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Went on a date on Sunday and really felt like I was connecting with this girl, but now she’s not replying to my texts so I guess that’s just a bust...

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Went on a date on Sunday and really felt like I was connecting with this girl, but now she’s not replying to my texts so I guess that’s just a bust...
Ahhhhh dating. The good ol' days.

Don't press it. If she responds, awesome. If not, move on. Everything in life happens for reasons unknown to us, to teach us things. This will eventually lead you to something greater. You never know what life has in store, my Canadian friend. Keep your head up.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Maritonic wrote:When people with cell phones, that are constantly on them to be on Facebook or to play games, don't answer them when you call them. :)
This is why we should go back to pagers and landlines. Only use cell phones in emergencies people, otherwise other people will interrupt whatever you're doing like no tomorrow.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Went on a date on Sunday and really felt like I was connecting with this girl, but now she’s not replying to my texts so I guess that’s just a bust...
It's a fickle matter, but like Mari (can I call you Mari?) said, don't press and leave it be for awhile. If she's serious about seeing you again, she'll text back. If not, don't even sweat it; there will be an even better lady for you out there.

I remember going on my first ever date with this girl back in highschool. Everything went great, we really hit it off and it looked like we could've been pretty serious early on. Well, that was a bloody bust; she didn't get back to me at all afterward until like, a good month later. By that point, I had already moved on and found someone else, but I feel your pain mate.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I once invited a girl on a date to see a screening of Dracula. She enthusiastically (like, not sarcasm. She was a horror nerd like I) accepted. When I asked what time she wanted me to pick her up, she never replied. Few days later, after the screening had passed, I texted her and said "I'm sorry if I offended you in some way." and I got "You were just coming on too strong!"

Women are cut from a different cloth.

Added in 38 seconds:
Godzilla165 wrote:(can I call you Mari?)
Yeah. I'm shocked in the like 2 years I've been here no one else has done this yet haha.
Last edited by Maritonic on Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote:
Yeah. I'm shocked in the like 2 years I've been here no one else has done this yet haha.
Oh....then can I call you "arit"?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

goji89 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Can I call you oji?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

Can I call you oji?
But will you still call me in the morning.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

goji89 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
goji89 wrote:
Can I call you oji?
But will you still call me in the morning.
I don't know...things have changed...we haven't watched Godzilla vs. Gigan in so long....

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Either Youtube is shilling for only one political party in a concentrated, an-ad-on-every-video-I-watch barrage (which... feels wrong somehow anyway; I don't think a platform as broad-ranging as Youtube should be getting into politics... but it definitely feels wrong for it to use its influence in a partisan way), or else cookies and the custom ads I'm being shown in particular are, as always, the exact opposite of the messages in which I believe, which seems to be a frustrating constant in my web experiences.

Maranatha!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Zarm wrote:Either Youtube is shilling for only one political party in a concentrated, an-ad-on-every-video-I-watch barrage (which... feels wrong somehow anyway; I don't think a platform as broad-ranging as Youtube should be getting into politics... but it definitely feels wrong for it to use its influence in a partisan way), or else cookies and the custom ads I'm being shown in particular are, as always, the exact opposite of the messages in which I believe, which seems to be a frustrating constant in my web experiences.
I've seen the same. exact. ad. on youtube for like three weeks and it's been "I used an app to buy a car. I don't mean I shopped for a car, I mean-" then I hit skip.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I wish they would learn 'variety is the spice of life.'

Maranatha!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Zarm wrote:Either Youtube is shilling for only one political party in a concentrated, an-ad-on-every-video-I-watch barrage (which... feels wrong somehow anyway; I don't think a platform as broad-ranging as Youtube should be getting into politics... but it definitely feels wrong for it to use its influence in a partisan way), or else cookies and the custom ads I'm being shown in particular are, as always, the exact opposite of the messages in which I believe, which seems to be a frustrating constant in my web experiences.
I'm gonna guess that it has to do with cookies and custom ads, because I'm not seeing any political ads with my YouTube content, but pretty much all I play on YouTube these days is late 70s/early 80s music.

And as for the ads running counter to your politics, part of that might be because a lot of the content you watch - assuming it's consistent with the TV and movies you enjoy - is generally regarded as running counter to your politics.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.