Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Which is your favorite Y-MSF figure?

1. Hedorah
7%
2. Gabara
11%
3. Godzilla 1962
10%
4. Godzilla 1967 w/Minya
5%
5. Varan
7%
6. Rodan
6%
7. Godzilla 1965
11%
8. Godzilla 1968
2%
9. Manda
12%
10. Megalon
31%

Total votes: 123

tymon
Futurian

Re: Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

Post by tymon »

Pics, guys?
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Ebirah looks pretty nice. Want to get him soon, but Tempting Toys has been out of stock.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Ebirah and Gaira are definitely must buys for me. Also Y-MSF may reissue Godzilla 1962 with the castle destroyed in King Kong vs Godzilla and are toying with the idea of making a vinyl of the suit Toho made for use in The Volcano Monsters according to a new article about the company in G-fan.

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by 1tisoygoji »

I really need a G62 so YMSF releasing another one would be good TBH.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Godzillian wrote: Also Y-MSF may reissue Godzilla 1962 with the castle destroyed in King Kong vs Godzilla and are toying with the idea of making a vinyl of the suit Toho made for use in The Volcano Monsters according to a new article about the company in G-fan.
Can't say I'd care for either of those. Godzilla 1957 would be pretty neat, but I'd much prefer to see them exert that effort into more figures Bandai hasn't done, or at least not in the 6" line, that actually exist. They've been doing good with that recently.

I want to see that Rodan 1964 prototype of theirs, or that Kamacuras. Or heck, the Giant Condor. I was hoping that'd be some sort of extra with Ebirah, seems too small to be a standalone release (unless they include a rock with it).
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MM The Destroyer »

tymon wrote:Pics, guys?
I'm Back... for a... Damn it, I lost count!
Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:But regardless, what on earth makes you think that, say, Spacegodzilla's Corona beam, which penetrated Godzilla's hide on more than one occasion, is more damaging than a nuke on a point-for-point basis?
It hurt Godzilla. That's why I think that.

TK's #1 most reported, popular, hated, loved, sarcastic kaiju pleb.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Mr. X wrote:
Godzillian wrote: Also Y-MSF may reissue Godzilla 1962 with the castle destroyed in King Kong vs Godzilla and are toying with the idea of making a vinyl of the suit Toho made for use in The Volcano Monsters according to a new article about the company in G-fan.
Can't say I'd care for either of those. Godzilla 1957 would be pretty neat, but I'd much prefer to see them exert that effort into more figures Bandai hasn't done, or at least not in the 6" line, that actually exist. They've been doing good with that recently.

I want to see that Rodan 1964 prototype of theirs, or that Kamacuras. Or heck, the Giant Condor. I was hoping that'd be some sort of extra with Ebirah, seems too small to be a standalone release (unless they include a rock with it).
While I agree I would want the Rodan 64 or Kamacuras over a reissue a Godzilla 1957 would be pretty awesome in 6 inch vinyl form.

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

Godzillian wrote:Ebirah and Gaira are definitely must buys for me. Also Y-MSF may reissue Godzilla 1962 with the castle destroyed in King Kong vs Godzilla and are toying with the idea of making a vinyl of the suit Toho made for use in The Volcano Monsters according to a new article about the company in G-fan.
Man I'd love it if they came out with aGodzilla '55 figure! I think it's be an awesome vinyl. As for '62, well... I'm waiting for NECA to do their version first.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Godzillian wrote:While I agree I would want the Rodan 64 or Kamacuras over a reissue a Godzilla 1957 would be pretty awesome in 6 inch vinyl form.
I won't deny it'd be pretty badass, but there are still quite a few characters left from the Showa catalog. Like that Baragon prototype they revealed last year, I want to see that first. Or heck, even the Yog crew. Get those done before a nonexistent character.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I won't deny it'd be pretty badass, but there are still quite a few characters left from the Showa catalog. Like that Baragon prototype they revealed last year, I want to see that first. Or heck, even the Yog crew. Get those done before a nonexistent character.
I want to see that Rodan 1964 prototype of theirs, or that Kamacuras. Or heck, the Giant Condor. I was hoping that'd be some sort of extra with Ebirah, seems too small to be a standalone release
This is one thing that really frustrates me about Y-MSF. They seem to release their figures at random with no rhyme or reason. Really wish they would have a set order for which they would release their figures. Just look at how fantastic this Rodan is. Maybe someday.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Godzillian wrote: This is one thing that really frustrates me about Y-MSF. They seem to release their figures at random with no rhyme or reason. Really wish they would have a set order for which they would release their figures. Just look at how fantastic this Rodan is. Maybe someday.
http://y-msf.com/01godzilla/img_godzill ... 2nd_a2.jpg
At least they're releasing figures again. That was my biggest issue with them; there was a period where they had all these awesome prototypes, but all we got was an octopus, a snake, and a rock.

They've been on the right path - Gorosaurus, Gargantuas, and Ebirah were all among that lot of prototypes they've had sitting around for years, and now something has finally happened with them. They're doing good with that, don't stop now.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

Mr. X wrote:
Godzillian wrote: This is one thing that really frustrates me about Y-MSF. They seem to release their figures at random with no rhyme or reason. Really wish they would have a set order for which they would release their figures. Just look at how fantastic this Rodan is. Maybe someday.
http://y-msf.com/01godzilla/img_godzill ... 2nd_a2.jpg
At least they're releasing figures again. That was my biggest issue with them; there was a period where they had all these awesome prototypes, but all we got was an octopus, a snake, and a rock.

They've been on the right path - Gorosaurus, Gargantuas, and Ebirah were all among that lot of prototypes they've had sitting around for years, and now something has finally happened with them. They're doing good with that, don't stop now.

You wouldn't believe how much I constantly pestered them over the years... "When's Ebirah gonna be released? When's Ebirah gonna be released?" Looks like my pestering paid off. lol

I do hope they continue making figures that we don't see very often. I'd love a Showa Rodan. Hopefully they even release that Varan figure (that looked way better than there first one) and maybe even that Rose Biollante!

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

How about flying Destoroyah?
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 wrote:How about flying Destoroyah?
People seem to like the MonsterArts one a lot, so unless the Dessy Evo Set goes OOP and demand for the flying form is high but Tamashii doesn't rerelease it, then I think Y-MSF will make one.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Kaijunator wrote:
People seem to like the MonsterArts one a lot, so unless the Dessy Evo Set goes OOP and demand for the flying form is high but Tamashii doesn't rerelease it, then I think Y-MSF will make one.
Y-MSF seems focused on the Showa Era mostly but a rose form Biollante would be awesome from them. It would be great if they got into Showa Gamera too.

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

You think they will do godzillas again?
I wonder if there is a chance of rereleases.
This is the beginning of the end.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Godzillian wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:
Y-MSF seems focused on the Showa Era mostly but a rose form Biollante would be awesome from them. It would be great if they got into Showa Gamera too.
Yeah. I'd welcome Rose Bio as we haven't got a 6 inch figure of Biollante's rose form. I hope they get into the Showa Ultraman. Imagine all the kaiju we'd see.

@BARAGONZILLA: We know what you're going to say. Godzilla (1962).
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Considering the rate these figures come out, and the price, they should stick with the current formula of just Showa Godzilla monsters. Preferably continuing with characters Bandai hasn't done in the 6" lineup. Rodan '64 please.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

How about some realistic paint jobs, instead of this stylized shit?