Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Which is your favorite Y-MSF figure?

1. Hedorah
7%
2. Gabara
11%
3. Godzilla 1962
10%
4. Godzilla 1967 w/Minya
5%
5. Varan
7%
6. Rodan
6%
7. Godzilla 1965
11%
8. Godzilla 1968
2%
9. Manda
12%
10. Megalon
31%

Total votes: 123

Obscurity68
Ronin

Re: Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

Post by Obscurity68 »

I believe I own around ten Y-MSF figures, and it remains my favorite Godzilla toy company of them all. Mostly this is because they release monsters that have never been released before, which also tend to be some of my favorites, or if they have been made before, they are probably expensive and hard to come by. Well, I guess that same statement could be made about Y-MSF, lol. The figures are pretty expensive, and once they go out of stock on temptingtoys.com I find them hard to come by, but overall I believe the price is worth it. I luckily snatched a Varan before it was too late, and boy am I glad I did, even though it probably is not Y-MSF's greatest figure I'm still glad to have a Varan in my collection. I also really hope that new Manda prototype gets released, the old one is nice but this new one knocks it out of the park.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Wonder when they'll announce their next release

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

I finally did done reviewed dang ol' Megalon, mang.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Guess no new figure from them for a while

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

I thought hey were doing the Gfantis figure that was recently announced?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

codycameron09 wrote:I thought hey were doing the Gfantis figure that was recently announced?
Apparently so. This was posted by the Gfantis figure's tumblr:

Gimme both.

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

While at G-Fest this year, I asked Tony if it was Y-msf who were making the Gfantis figure. He said no, as the owner/sculpter of the company is currently recovering from an injury. I believe the picture above may be of Tony's collection of prototype figures, some Y-msf, some other companies. So I really don't know who's producing this one!
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Great...G-Fantis... :roll:
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

kiryuzilla
Terminated
Terminated

Post by kiryuzilla »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Great...G-Fantis... :roll:
Who the hell even is that.
Known as KingKong19100
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMxokP ... G3cPzAWKlQ
Website: http://kingkong19100.wordpress.com/2014 ... -complete/
Checkout my YouTube channel, I make 3D animations of King Kong and Godzilla that everyone would enjoy! Okay...I'm gonna go now *pushes a pull-only door* HahaGod do I wish someone loved mehaha

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

Wow it appears you all have been living under a rock. You've never heard of G-Fan or G-Fest?!?!?! Well, Gfantis is the mascot for the magazine and convention they hold annually. So because it's been going on for over 20 years now they wanted to celebrate with a figure, so Matt Frank designed it and now it looks like someone is making it. Not sure if it's Y-MSF though.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

codycameron09 wrote:Wow it appears you all have been living under a rock. You've never heard of G-Fan or G-Fest?!?!?! Well, Gfantis is the mascot for the magazine and convention they hold annually. So because it's been going on for over 20 years now they wanted to celebrate with a figure, so Matt Frank designed it and now it looks like someone is making it. Not sure if it's Y-MSF though.
So a literal shelf warmer no one cares about. -_-
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Nice time machine m8
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

kiryuzilla
Terminated
Terminated

Post by kiryuzilla »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
codycameron09 wrote:Wow it appears you all have been living under a rock. You've never heard of G-Fan or G-Fest?!?!?! Well, Gfantis is the mascot for the magazine and convention they hold annually. So because it's been going on for over 20 years now they wanted to celebrate with a figure, so Matt Frank designed it and now it looks like someone is making it. Not sure if it's Y-MSF though.
So a literal shelf warmer no one cares about. -_-
Exactly. But hey atleast it will make some of the fans happy.
Known as KingKong19100
Checkout my YouTube channel, I make 3D animations of King Kong and Godzilla that everyone would enjoy! Okay...I'm gonna go now *pushes a pull-only door* HahaGod do I wish someone loved mehaha

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

UltramanGoji wrote:
codycameron09 wrote:I thought hey were doing the Gfantis figure that was recently announced?
Apparently so. This was posted by the Gfantis figure's tumblr:

Gimme both.
I really like G-Fantis's design I mean it looks really cool and depending on the price I definitely want to pick that up.

Though I have to admit I do agree with some peoples dislike of this choice. as in a toyline that shows off tons of awesome protos for numerous Monsters only to never release them for them to release this one first seems a little off.

But I don't care I want it.
Godzilla

kiryuzilla
Terminated
Terminated

Post by kiryuzilla »

Honestly it looks like a ripoff Titanosaurus. Can someone give us a screenshot of his comic appearance because I can find one.
Known as KingKong19100

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

I'll get Gfantis if the price is right. I think it's a good way to show my love for G-Fan and G-Fest!

Still, I do wish they would give us more monsters like Varan and Biollante (rose form)...

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

Last I heard, the plan was for the G-Fantis figure to be a Kickstarter product or something like it, so it might not be mass-produced. I also think it was less Y-MSF is producing it than they helped in designing it.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

codycameron09 wrote:I'll get Gfantis if the price is right. I think it's a good way to show my love for G-Fan and G-Fest!

Still, I do wish they would give us more monsters like Varan and Biollante (rose form)...
They already did a Varan damn it.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
codycameron09 wrote:I'll get Gfantis if the price is right. I think it's a good way to show my love for G-Fan and G-Fest!

They already did a Varan damn it.
And it was pretty awful