Marmit Monster Heaven Appreciation Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
DoctorMafune
Monarch Researcher

Re: Marmit Monster Heaven Appreciation Thread

Post by DoctorMafune »

Thanks!! I wish I could display him at an angle, but Quint needed a bigger boat, and I'm going to need a bigger shelf.

I'm glad I was able to find that variant of the Megaton Hedorah (pic over on the "WTDYJB?" thread) at a good price, too...I love the way it contrasts with the metallic blue-greens and purple on the Megaton G.

Not too crazy about the food fight-themed Hedorah up for pre-order in the Vinyl Wars line, but I may be dead wrong about it (it could look great in person), and it's a good way to bag one without spending the mortgage payment.
"Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength." -- Eric Hoffer

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

DoctorMafune wrote:Thanks!! I wish I could display him at an angle, but Quint needed a bigger boat, and I'm going to need a bigger shelf.

I'm glad I was able to find that variant of the Megaton Hedorah (pic over on the "WTDYJB?" thread) at a good price, too...I love the way it contrasts with the metallic blue-greens and purple on the Megaton G.

Not too crazy about the food fight-themed Hedorah up for pre-order in the Vinyl Wars line, but I may be dead wrong about it (it could look great in person), and it's a good way to bag one without spending the mortgage payment.
Nice collection of Marmits Doctor Mafune. Parababies/Monster Heaven/Megaton...you've got it all. The 71 "Gonad" Goji figure is one of the last MH figures that I'm still hunting for (hope they'll reissue it someday as opposed to releasing yet another variant of easy to find MH figures, such as their MH DesuGoji figure).

By the way, if you have the chance, could you post a photo of that Marmit Showa Moguera (I assume it's Marmit?) in the latest Monster Spotlight #17 thread that started recently for Moguera? http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 11&t=24849 Would love to see a clear photo of that bad boy. :g2k:
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

DoctorMafune
Monarch Researcher

Post by DoctorMafune »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:Nice collection of Marmits Doctor Mafune. Parababies/Monster Heaven/Megaton...you've got it all. The 71 "Gonad" Goji figure is one of the last MH figures that I'm still hunting for (hope they'll reissue it someday as opposed to releasing yet another variant of easy to find MH figures, such as their MH DesuGoji figure).

By the way, if you have the chance, could you post a photo of that Marmit Showa Moguera (I assume it's Marmit?) in the latest Monster Spotlight #17 thread that started recently for Moguera? http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 11&t=24849 Would love to see a clear photo of that bad boy. :g2k:
Thanks! I realized only belatedly that those photos on the WTDYJB thread are too large for smartphones and only appear intact on laptop and desktop browsers. Glad that they came through here and that you enjoyed taking a look. One of these days, an earthquake (we get a lot of them) may re-arrange those shelves dramatically, but until then, it's my favorite room!

The Moguera you mentioned is actually a Marusan, but given that no one's posted photos of that toy on the Moguera thread yet, I'll see what I can do! :D

KlenSeven
Interpol Agent

Post by KlenSeven »

Anybody know anything about this funky Orga variant?
http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... v454233649

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

KlenSeven wrote:Anybody know anything about this funky Orga variant?
http://i.imgur.com/YbVlqPN.jpg
What the hell? Looks like it was made out of Bubble Gum!!!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

http://i.imgur.com/YbVlqPN.jpg
Looks rad!
Google Translate wrote:Olga Mamitto monster heaven not for sale (Desugoji
It's vague, but it's something I guess. Personally, I think its either a custom or a one off. I've seen a small number DesuGoji "one-offs" as they were listed, that have been listed for incredible prices on another site. Could be similar item?

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

The Marmit Orga is a special custom painted by the artist Yellow Wolf. The artist pop out of no where last summer and has been doing special 1-offs and micro runs mainly for Skull Head Butt and Karzworks (for those that don't know Karzworks is Akamatsu-san personal studio for his original works. Akamatsu-san is the owner of Marmit.

Now back in to the abyss I go.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

KlenSeven
Interpol Agent

Post by KlenSeven »

Thanks! That makes perfect sense in hindsight considering some of his other pieces.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

MONSTER HEAVEN SPOTLIGHT #35: Showa Mothra (Adult)

Haven't done a spotlight for awhile, so here is a figure that I do not own nor can tell you much about it, the adult Mothra figure:

This figure is a bit of an enigma as I rarely have come across any photos of it outside of clubtokyo.org. I also haven't run into any collectors that own it.

If anyone owns this figure, please post some photos! :g2k:

Again, the only variant I've found is once again from clubtokyo.org, which is the glow variant:

GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

Non of these are my photos.

Pink version:

Hobby Complex yellow gid version:

SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Barkley
Samurai

Post by Barkley »

Wow, I have to have that! If anyone comes across one please PM me!!

-Barkley
"It's Charles, not Gnarls".

Proud G-fan since 1968!!

KlenSeven
Interpol Agent

Post by KlenSeven »

^ its a one off and the link is in the original post for the auction that ends in day.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Kaiju no Mura wrote:Non of these are my photos.
-snip-
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1459/261 ... 3ec6_z.jpg
-snip-
Is that the Marmit Build-Up MosuGoji along with it? Despite the clashing coloring styles, they fit well together! Absolutely gorgeous!

Does anyone here own the Vinyl Wars GMK and can be kind enough to provide a photo of him in-hand? I'm torn on him at the moment. I love the sculpt, and i'm okay with the black/brown colors but the blue is putting me off currently but all the inhand/bag images i've seen so far are in flash and horribly jpgd. I have a stylized fix at the moment and im looking to sate it with either the Vinyl Wars GMK or G-84 or at least until the VW Roaring Desu-Goji comes out.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

It's been over a week. So, bumping because the old rule was 7 days :P. Posted this in the "Japan New Toy Releases"

Marmit Vinyl Wars EX - Mechagodzilla 1993

Reservations: 2016 April 24 - 2016 May 31
Shipping: late August 2016
8,640 yen (tax included)

Source - Sofvi.tokyo

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Not a huge Heisei MechaG fan, but that ain't bad. Basic color scheme though. Wish it was something a bit more outlandish.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

That looks nice! I never liked MG3 before but watching the movie a couple months back, gave him a new home in my heart. It really is a thought out design believe it or not. Just watching how he walks and the bionics of the suit really astonished me that they went all out for this movie and could've been better if it weren't for Toho's time boxes.

KlenSeven
Interpol Agent

Post by KlenSeven »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:MONSTER HEAVEN SPOTLIGHT #35: Showa Mothra (Adult)

http://www.clubtokyo.org/images/figures ... Mothra.jpg

This figure is a bit of an enigma as I rarely have come across any photos of it outside of clubtokyo.org. I also haven't run into any collectors that own it.

If anyone owns this figure, please post some photos! :g2k:
i believe Jomei has this figure
See background ( https://41.media.tumblr.com/909ad93db06 ... o1_540.jpg )

DoctorMafune
Monarch Researcher

Post by DoctorMafune »

Heads-up for anyone who wants Marmit's Megaton Godzilla...BBTS.com finally got some in stock. (I gave up on them long ago, and got mine the hard way.)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

A knowledgeable eBay seller is claiming that only 100 of the "Vinyl Wars" Megaton G's were made, so this may be the only time that any are available to U.S. collectors at a reasonable price.

I don't work for BBTS, by the way...just wanted to let TK's Marmit collectors know. IMO, this is an incredible figure (photo on the preceding page in this thread, and more pics on p. 89 of the "What Toy Did You Just Buy" thread): easily and instantly one of my favorite Marmits.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Damn, what a shit time for them to finally get him in. I have to move soon and don't have money to fork over to get him. Guess it wasn't meant to be.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Gah - this was back on page 4.

Got a notification from my freight forwarder / middleman. Apparently the Vinyl Wars Spacegodzilla has been pushed back to mid August. I thought as such since I wasn't able to turn up anything. Did anyone else get a notification of something similar?

-Edit 8/4: Just now got a package confirmation. Weird. At least they sent a "just in case" notification that it might be delayed.