Marmit Monster Heaven Appreciation Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: Marmit Monster Heaven Appreciation Thread

Post by Godzillian »

Thanks Rody, I appreciate your info. Agreed Spaceg they are amazing. That kinggoji will always be a favorite of mine

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

This may not be necessarily on topic, but I've been trying to find this Mothman figure for years. This is the only place I know where I could ask, so I'm extremely sorry if this off topic. (I don't think it's that bad, seeing as this is still a monster :P).

I've seen this image a million times and never knew who made it. I found out today that it was made by Marmit, so I'm here.
Where could I find this?
Last edited by Grunkle Sans on Wed May 30, 2018 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
:gigan:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Well that's gorgeous.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Grunkle Sans wrote: I've seen this image a million times and never knew who made it. I found out today that it was made by Marmit, so I'm here.
Where could I find this?
I found a couple of listings on Mandarake - but they're sold out. :(
Still, if you hadn't seen these already, it can't hurt to keep an eye on them. You never know.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Rody wrote:
Grunkle Sans wrote: I've seen this image a million times and never knew who made it. I found out today that it was made by Marmit, so I'm here.
Where could I find this?
I found a couple of listings on Mandarake - but they're sold out. :(
Still, if you hadn't seen these already, it can't hurt to keep an eye on them. You never know.
Thanks, I'll definitely keep an eye out.
:gigan:

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Really kicking myself today guys, I had the chance to get this amazing beauty and blew it

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Got my Marmits Shins in. Dunno if anyone else did - but they are worth it. After getting delayed and sent to fucking Hong Kong lol

So - anyone else get the big Shin Godzilla and notice how it looks entirely different from the promotional? Purple spines and spray on the chest instead of the weird "teet" red pattern. I actuaslly like it more, but I would like to know if I got a RARE Q/C error, a random one off, wrong item or they changed the design last minute.

Pics coming below as soon as I upload them.

PICS NOW!

"Open new Tab" for full res
Resized Image
Folded Below

Translucent Red - Grey Paint

Light pipping is nice, especially on the tail section.
Spoiler:
Right Click -> Open New Tab for Native Res

Translucent Purple - High Gloss Black Paint

Overall an improvement from the production images imo.
Spoiler:
Right Click -> Open New Tab for Native Res
Grey Mold - White Wash

Actually my favorite of the bunch. Frozen Shin REALLY shows all those nice sculpt details. Sadly im sure everyone passed on this one.
Spoiler:
Right Click -> Open New Tab for native resolution

Big Shin Godzilla - Red Mold Black/Gold/Purple Paint

Another improvement from the stock image. He's also BIG and GURTHY. Not a shelf hog as Destoroyah but damn near. He command his own damn spot.
Spoiler:
Right Click -> Open New Tab for native resolution

Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

DoctorMafune
Monarch Researcher

Post by DoctorMafune »

Thanks for the photos, SpaceG... Now I wish I'd bought Marmit's frozen Shin instead of one of the reds, especially since I also bought the Passion Tank version: which would make a nice contrast with the frozen-look figure.
"Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength." -- Eric Hoffer

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Man, they're all so pretty. Glad I went with the purple heat ray version, it does indeed look even better here than in the production pic.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Im surprised they changed so much from the production picture. Especially the Giant Shin. Kinda took me back a bit, since that's my Ultimate Collective Pet Peeve, thank you S.H. MonsterArts for constantly disappointing me. At least the quality of the Marmits were spot on and constant from the photo's of others i've seen and the differences actually worked out for the better. Unlike the other brand which is a grab bag of unintended variants.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Hell yeah. Are these the first Marmit Shins or were there previous ones?
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:19 pm Hell yeah. Are these the first Marmit Shins or were there previous ones?
IIRC a few previous ones that if memory serves were basically all locked to events in Japan. Shin was a weird sculpt to get your hands on. I think he ended up in the Vinyl Wars line in JP at some point but i'm not 100%. For sure though there's several other variants of the closed mouth "standard scale" version.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Ok, Im REALLY interested in getting into collecting Marmit, but theres something I need to get off my chest. When I was like 8 I logged on to the Gojipedia wiki and made edits to the page for Marmit Monster Heaven. At the time, the page said it needed images so I went on google and downloaded a bunch of random images and added them, without any context as to what the figures in those images where. Two of them I quite literally gave them a bullshit name that I pulled straight out of my ass: a Biollante figure and a Hedorah figure I referred to as "updated" versions. As if they are newer versions of older figures. I had no clue if this was true or not, I just thought they looked cooler than the other Marmit biollante and hedorah figures so I just called them that.

That edit still exists on Gojipedia and has since been added to Wikizilla. So....someone might need to go and fix that :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, back on topic, Im really interested in the bright green Godzilla 2003 and the yellow, green, and silver Kiryu. Those two will be my first targets when I begin getting Marmit figures.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:11 pm Anyway, back on topic, Im really interested in the bright green Godzilla 2003 and the yellow, green, and silver Kiryu. Those two will be my first targets when I begin getting Marmit figures.
My hit for Kiryu is the black mold/silver painted Battle Pack xMG Kiryu with the berserk red eyes. It's on mandarake for around $100 which is a good price, last I checked. If YMSF didn't steal my credit card I'd hop on it.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Man, I miss when Marmit made Godzilla figures.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Did they stop? I heard a Shin figure came out semi recently. At least it felt recent.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:37 pm Did they stop? I heard a Shin figure came out semi recently. At least it felt recent.
I think that's the only one they did in the past decade or so.

Also, whatever happened to ebirahsmeg?
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

There was a super limited Godzilla Bones released as a lottery sale a little while ago. I'm not for sure if Marmit falls under Medicom now or the whole deal with that - so pardon the ignorance on my part. I'm sure Legion or someone more in the know can clarify it.

https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillatoh ... ne-version
Resized Image

Either way, super pissed this was a lottery only. It's a great sculpt for such an iconic scene.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Huh, interesting. But hey, means I dont have to keep up with new releases like with Bandai, so I see it as a win.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Pulled the trigger and ordered my first two Marmit figures. I dont know anything about either of them but they looked cool and the seller gave me a discount for both.

Image Image