Winter WonderFest 2012 (Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Re: Winter WonderFest 2012 (Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman)

Post by Leunames »

SteveRGR wrote:
leunames wrote:Also, if I"m going to spend $1k, I'd much rather it be a screen accurate representation done by a master sculptor in a great pose...vs. a "conceptualized" Ghidorah...i.e., I'd want the real KG.
I tend to really like concept pieces. It gives my collection a unique look. But I can definitely understand some fans rather having a "real" version of the monster. I just like to make my collection stand out a bit....even though as said before, the ghidorah is probly too big for it's own good, I wouldn't have a place to put it.
I understand that and agree...but I need to pose the question to you. This honey bones would probably be the centerpiece of many a kit collector's collection. Given that you spend $1k, are you happy to have your centerpiece be based on the sculptor's conceptualized realization, or a a movie still made into actuality?

There's no wrong answer obviously, but I am curious.

SteveRGR
GPN Volunteer

Post by SteveRGR »

leunames wrote:
SteveRGR wrote:
leunames wrote:Also, if I"m going to spend $1k, I'd much rather it be a screen accurate representation done by a master sculptor in a great pose...vs. a "conceptualized" Ghidorah...i.e., I'd want the real KG.
I tend to really like concept pieces. It gives my collection a unique look. But I can definitely understand some fans rather having a "real" version of the monster. I just like to make my collection stand out a bit....even though as said before, the ghidorah is probly too big for it's own good, I wouldn't have a place to put it.
I understand that and agree...but I need to pose the question to you. This honey bones would probably be the centerpiece of many a kit collector's collection. Given that you spend $1k, are you happy to have your centerpiece be based on the sculptor's conceptualized realization, or a a movie still made into actuality?

There's no wrong answer obviously, but I am curious.
In all honesty, I would be more than happy to display it as the centrepiece. In my eyes, just because it's not the original design doesn't mean it's not a great piece of art. BUT in order for me to do that, i would have to like it just as much as the original design, or more so. In this case, I like this ghidorah design more than the originals...except maybe the heisei design. Plus, it gives me a chance to set up my own universe of Godzilla. For example, if i made a diorama with the T's Facto Godzilla Evolution and the HB Ghidorah, giving a more raw grim feel.
Daddy's home. Cake. Every. Night.

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

Kaiju no Mura wrote:The T-Facto Evolution Godzilla kit original sales price is 43,000 yen. It is an amazing highly detailed kit. I know because I use to own it. If you are interested I know someone who is selling it and is asking around $260-$300 with shipping for it. The seller does have an original unbuilt and unpainted T-Facto as it was originally was mine that I traded him for something else. Contact me privately if seriously interested.
Does he still have a Godzilla Evolution for sale?

I'm new here and just found this thread by accident.