2012 X-Plus Vinyl Figures Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Which Figure Should X-Plus Absolutely Release in 2012?

Gabara
8%
Kamakiras
2%
King Ghidorah (1968)
32%
King Seesar
9%
Kumonga
3%
Manda (1968)
2%
Mecha-King Ghidora
13%
Mothra Imago
1%
Rodan (1956)
4%
Titanosaurus
25%

Total votes: 97

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Re: 2012 X-Plus Vinyl Figures Discussion Thread

Post by kaiju king »

IDK,That's why I'm asking. I would hope so. Other than the jet jaguar /Godzilla exclusive from ric boy I don't own anything from them in the way of exclusives. Was the sy3 painted & in scale? I didn't know if they just threw some cheesy ass extra in that's really not worth the "extra" price. From just the pic the larva sculpt looks decent.

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

kaiju king wrote:IDK,That's why I'm asking. I would hope so. Other than the jet jaguar /Godzilla exclusive from ric boy I don't own anything from them in the way of exclusives. Was the sy3 painted & in scale? I didn't know if they just threw some cheesy ass extra in that's really not worth the "extra" price. From just the pic the larva sculpt looks decent.
I think their aim is to make the Mothra larva in scale. In DAM the larva is roughly half the size of the Godzilla, as was Minya. It appears as if X-Plus figures the Minya and Mothra larva are too small to package them as individual items, so instead we see them as exclusive pack-ins.

The SY3 ship appears to be in scale, though it was never next to a monster in the movie to compare it to.

The Rodan, while not the 68 version, looks similar enough to fit in with the DAM lineup.
It's easy for one to argue that it does or does not, so I would ask for the sake of arguing maybe someone could post pictures of what they see as different.

Technically, when X-Plus releases the 64 Rodan with Mothra exclusive, they have released 1/2 of the Ghidorah The Three-Headed Monater lineup.

kaiju king
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaiju king »

Great answer sir,can't argue with any of that. The only thing I could add would be that the main rodan suit used in DAM had a more of a hook beak or as some have called it the Jewish rodan.( Sorry,not trying to disparage any religion or race.) But that's the only difference I can tell.

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

kaiju king wrote:Great answer sir,can't argue with any of that. The only thing I could add would be that the main rodan suit used in DAM had a more of a hook beak or as some have called it the Jewish rodan.( Sorry,not trying to disparage any religion or race.) But that's the only difference I can tell.
I never noticed that. Interesting all the details between the different year character suits.
At least you didn't say he was wearing a Rolex :-x

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

I've always noticed that the face on the '68 Rodan was different than the '64 version, but their wings and bodies are essentially the same.

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Post by g robot »

Well I know that in past posts I've complained about so many rodan figures, but after seeing this one,I decided to give it a try. After looking at the pose on this one it may just stand on its own, seems to be on fours ( wings and feet) Wings are not curved.

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

g robot wrote:Well I know that in past posts I've complained about so many rodan figures, but after seeing this one,I decided to give it a try. After looking at the pose on this one it may just stand on its own, seems to be on fours ( wings and feet) Wings are not curved.
I noticed that too and I'm hoping its weight is centered between 50/50 between its front and back to it doesn't tip either way.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

GCrusher wrote:
kaiju king wrote: It appears as if X-Plus figures the Minya and Mothra larva are too small to package them as individual items, so instead we see them as exclusive pack-ins.
It is silly that X-plus doesn't release a separate minya in 25 cm scale. They did minya in 30 cm so why not 25? Now there have been 2 pack-in minyas, both of which I missed the boat on because I didn't yet know how to get my hands on web exclusives. Now that I know how to get the web exclusves its like come on! give me a minya! Just put it in a plain brown box, I don't care. They already have the sculpts! DO IT!

Jon
GPN Volunteer

Post by Jon »

GCrusher wrote:It appears as if X-Plus figures the Minya and Mothra larva are too small to package them as individual items, so instead we see them as exclusive pack-ins.
I thought Mothra was pretty large in Destroy All Monsters, at least enough I'd think he'd be released on his own. Take a look at this:
http://i.imgur.com/pFHBh.jpg
I think the monsters released as extras (besides Minilla) all seem too small. For example, the adult Mothra that comes with Godzilla 1966. I'm sure that flying Varan that comes as an exclusive is not 25cm scale either.