American Greetings/Carlton Cards/Heirloom Godzilla Ornaments

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MandaSaurus
Keizer

Re: American Greetings/Carlton Cards/Heirloom Godzilla Ornam

Postby MandaSaurus » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:06 am

I wasn't talking about THAT one, I was talking about the Hallmark one! Of course, they're not selling the Carlton one at Hallmark...

70s_Goji
Samurai

Postby 70s_Goji » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:34 am

These look pretty neat. Might actually have a reason to go into one of those shitty Hallmark stores.

FlawedCoil82
Interpol Agent

Postby FlawedCoil82 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:43 pm

70s_Goji wrote:These look pretty neat. Might actually have a reason to go into one of those shitty Hallmark stores.

Are you talking about the ornaments on my first post? Because like I said above, these ornaments are NOT available in Hallmark stores (except the 2014 movie ornament that is shown on page 4). Apart from Ebay, the only American Greetings Godzilla ornament currently available in stores is the 2014 60th Anniversary one. The others are all out of production.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, The Panic Division, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, Lunatica, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

FlawedCoil82
Interpol Agent

Postby FlawedCoil82 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:16 am

I don't know if anyone still cares, but I was able to find the 60th anniversary ornament at my local Walmart in the Christmas section for $26. I bought that one and took the one I paid full price for back to Meijer (although within 2 days someone had bought that one too). But if anyone has been having a hard time finding these, I'd check out your local Walmart and see if you can find it.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, The Panic Division, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, Lunatica, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

GFAN198423
EDF Soldier

Postby GFAN198423 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:10 am

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to Target later, might see what they have too.

MandaSaurus
Keizer

Postby MandaSaurus » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:42 am

The AG/Carlton Anniv. one is available on Amazon, $32.95 & free shipping. Is that a good deal?

GFAN198423
EDF Soldier

Postby GFAN198423 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:56 am

Nothing at Target.

Starsteam
Keizer

Postby Starsteam » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:01 pm

MandaSaurus wrote:The AG/Carlton Anniv. one is available on Amazon, $32.95 & free shipping. Is that a good deal?

Not as good as the deal at Walmart. Kinda wish I had waited, but I've never seen Godzilla ornaments there before.

MandaSaurus
Keizer

Postby MandaSaurus » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:12 pm

Starsteam wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:The AG/Carlton Anniv. one is available on Amazon, $32.95 & free shipping. Is that a good deal?

Not as good as the deal at Walmart. Kinda wish I had waited, but I've never seen Godzilla ornaments there before.

It's at Wal-Mart? B&M stores? :shock:

Starsteam
Keizer

Postby Starsteam » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:57 am

MandaSaurus wrote:
Starsteam wrote:

It's at Wal-Mart? B&M stores? :shock:

FlawedCoil82 wrote:I don't know if anyone still cares, but I was able to find the 60th anniversary ornament at my local Walmart in the Christmas section for $26. I bought that one and took the one I paid full price for back to Meijer (although within 2 days someone had bought that one too). But if anyone has been having a hard time finding these, I'd check out your local Walmart and see if you can find it.

Pays to read the thread.

MandaSaurus
Keizer

Postby MandaSaurus » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:14 pm

I did. Must've missed that...

What part of the Christmas section, 'Coil? 'Christmas section' at a Wal-Mart covers a LOT of ground...

FlawedCoil82
Interpol Agent

Postby FlawedCoil82 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:04 am

MandaSaurus wrote:I did. Must've missed that...

What part of the Christmas section, 'Coil? 'Christmas section' at a Wal-Mart covers a LOT of ground...

At my Walmart, they have the major Christmas section in the Garden Center, but just before you enter the Garden Center, they have about 3 full aisles of wrapping paper, tree skirts, tissue paper, gift boxes, etc. and they had the American Greetings ornaments in one of those aisles. I don't know how many each store got in, but I was able to get the last Godzilla. Whether or not that was the only one they got in, I do not know. -_- It was purely by chance that I saw him.

GFAN198423
EDF Soldier

Postby GFAN198423 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:11 am

I checked one Walmart near me and they didn't have any AG ornaments, let alone Godzilla.

FlawedCoil82
Interpol Agent

Postby FlawedCoil82 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:00 pm

Really? That's weird. I wonder if only certain stores are getting them in? I will try to check a few other Walmarts around the area to see if they have things set up any differently. I know my local store was the only one out of 4 Walmarts in the area to carry any of the 2014 Godzilla toys, so it may be a location based deal with these ornaments as well. But I'd still keep your eyes peeled if you hit any other Walmarts in the area.

GFAN198423
EDF Soldier

Postby GFAN198423 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:02 am

It's definitely store by store, my local Walmart at home never had a single G2014 product, no posters, cups, figures, nothing but the Blu Rays, the one I checked for the ornament is near work, no idea what, if anything they ever had, but no toys or posters either now. The ones by me have pretty crappy toy selections though, it's like they feel there's no business for kid oriented stuff. The Walmart I checked also had a huge section of ornaments related to the local sports teams too so it may be that's what they feel is more worth the money.

GODZILLA2877
Interpol Agent

Postby GODZILLA2877 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:41 pm

I just bought the last remaining 60th Anniversary Godzilla ornament at my local Walmart earlier ago tonight! :D

FlawedCoil82
Interpol Agent

Postby FlawedCoil82 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:59 pm

^ Awesome! I am glad to hear that someone else was able to find them at a Walmart.

Oddly, for the first time since I have been buying these ornaments, my local Meijer store actually ordered a second batch of those ornaments and a couple others, so once again they have 3 G's available. I have never seen them get a second shipment in before (once they were gone, they were gone), so I can only assume that they are selling pretty well.

darkmech
Ronin

Postby darkmech » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Right now all ornaments at American greetings are 50% off Just got the 60th anniversary ornament

MandaSaurus
Keizer

Postby MandaSaurus » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:36 pm

darkmech wrote:Right now all ornaments at American greetings are 50% off Just got the 60th anniversary ornament

At the store? Online?

darkmech
Ronin

Postby darkmech » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:19 pm

MandaSaurus wrote:
darkmech wrote:Right now all ornaments at American greetings are 50% off Just got the 60th anniversary ornament

At the store? Online?

At the store.

Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”