American Greetings/Carlton Cards/Heirloom Godzilla Ornaments

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
darkmech
Ronin

Re: American Greetings/Carlton Cards/Heirloom Godzilla Ornam

Post by darkmech »

MandaSaurus wrote:
darkmech wrote:Right now all ornaments at American greetings are 50% off Just got the 60th anniversary ornament
At the store? Online?
At the store.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Awesome, thats a pretty darn good deal! I am still hoping to get the Hallmark ornament the day after Christmas. I am hoping he will be 50% off as well at a local Gold Crown store.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

darkmech wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
darkmech wrote:Right now all ornaments at American greetings are 50% off Just got the 60th anniversary ornament
At the store? Online?
At the store.
AG store?

Benagon
Samurai

Post by Benagon »

We don't have any American Greeting stores around here, unfortunately. Meijer is pretty far too, so no Godzilla ornament for me yet. I wish Kohl's still stocked these.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Received both the 2014 Godzilla ornament and the 60th Anniversary ornament as Christmas gifts so now I've got a couple of the Godzilla ornaments. The 2014 one is cool and came with batteries, but they need to be put in yourself which I have not done yet. The 60th Anniversary one, may I just say, is very cool, especially since I like the original Godzilla the most.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Does anyone have the very first American Greetings ornament and the 60th anniversary one, I'm curious how similar the are, I haven't been too excited about the 60th version because the sculpt and all seems almost identical, just all black and white and with a generic base instead of a city.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GFAN198423 wrote:Does anyone have the very first American Greetings ornament and the 60th anniversary one, I'm curious how similar the are, I haven't been too excited about the 60th version because the sculpt and all seems almost identical, just all black and white and with a generic base instead of a city.
I don't own them, but the bases are different and the tail is sculpted facing towards the right of Godzilla instead of the left.

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

Holy shit, I've never seen that Carlton ornament until now...only $30 for a badass G54 sculpt (that looks halfway between the suit and the puppet) with lights and sound? My next paycheck can't come soon enough...
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

Nightmare Alien
GPN Volunteer

Post by Nightmare Alien »

Got one of these for Christmas. Decided to take some pictures of it today.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I think the base is what keeps me from getting excited over it, the original '54 had a cityscape which put him in context, this one just has him randomly breathing his ray at some rocky thing and I don't even know what all the white around his legs is supposed to be.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Heres a comparison shot between the 2....

I really enjoy them both. I wish they would have done something different for the 60th other then pretty much copy the 1st one but still a very nice ornament.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

GFAN198423 wrote:I think the base is what keeps me from getting excited over it, the original '54 had a cityscape which put him in context, this one just has him randomly breathing his ray at some rocky thing and I don't even know what all the white around his legs is supposed to be.
I just assumed it was like he was irradiating water around him. :?

As a side note, I was able to get the Hallmark ornament for half price. It definitely is not near as neat looking as the promo shot promises. I would have felt very cheated if I paid full price for him.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

'Attaboy, Flawed Coil. I said you'd be able to get it for half...

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

From the latest issue of G-FAN magazine, here is an early image of the TWO prototype 2015 American Greetings Godzilla ornaments coming out later this year. We are getting Showa Godzilla and King Ghidorah!

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

FlawedCoil82 wrote:From the latest issue of G-FAN magazine, here is an early image of the TWO prototype 2015 American Greetings Godzilla ornaments coming out later this year. We are getting Showa Godzilla and King Ghidorah!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/ ... 171227.jpg
The KG looks pretty good but the Godzilla is a little fugly.
Last edited by DoubleDam21 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

FlawedCoil82 wrote:From the latest issue of G-FAN magazine, here is an early image of the TWO prototype 2015 American Greetings Godzilla ornaments coming out later this year. We are getting Showa Godzilla and King Ghidorah!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/ ... 171227.jpg
To be honest I don't care for Godzilla or Ghidorah. It's cool Ghidorah is getting an ornament, but i'm not into it. :|
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Ghidorah looks okay, but Godzilla's face is just awful. Seriously hope those prototypes will be fixed on release.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

High res images

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

This reminds me of that cancelled Destroy All Monsters light up statue line thing that went nowhere after the King Ghidorah. I forget what those were but this reminds me a whole lot of them!

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I'm all over these, one of the most classic representations of Godzilla for me, awesome to see Showa Ghidorah getting love.