Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
bonziebonzie
Ronin

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Postby bonziebonzie » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Yeesh these look terrible. Really can’t see kids buying these when they’re most likely sharing the same shelf space as the Bandai Creations Godzilla toys, the Jakks KOTM toys, and Mattel’s Jurassic World line. Here’s hoping that Playmates just released these to have something on the shelves and this doesn’t reflect the quality of the Godzilla vs. Kong line.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Postby DoubleDam21 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:45 am

Yeah I even saw Destroyah and Kong and these all look like bootleg figures. I was going to consider picking one or two up but can’t justify it even putting them with my Bandai Creation figures and that is saying something.

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:16 am

bonziebonzie wrote:Yeesh these look terrible. Really can’t see kids buying these when they’re most likely sharing the same shelf space as the Bandai Creations Godzilla toys, the Jakks KOTM toys, and Mattel’s Jurassic World line. Here’s hoping that Playmates just released these to have something on the shelves and this doesn’t reflect the quality of the Godzilla vs. Kong line.

DoubleDam21 wrote:Yeah I even saw Destroyah and Kong and these all look like bootleg figures. I was going to consider picking one or two up but can’t justify it even putting them with my Bandai Creation figures and that is saying something.

Yeah, these look pretty bad. Idk, I might pick up thicc Kong. (If only so I can say I have 6 inch Kong in my collection.) The other's however...No, jsut no.
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Thegarbagemonster
Interpol Agent

Postby Thegarbagemonster » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:10 am

I just got the King Caesar, the newer reissue one with the Godzilla 65th logo on the box.
If anyone has this...can you confirm that the ears move? Mine are stiff and I don't wanna break it, lol, but I know the older one had moving ears.

Steel Hellkite
Yojimbo

Postby Steel Hellkite » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:23 am

Lady friend got me something wholly unexpected for Christmas. I'm kinda unsure where else to show it off.

Thegarbagemonster
Interpol Agent

Postby Thegarbagemonster » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:28 am

Steel Hellkite wrote:Lady friend got me something wholly unexpected for Christmas. I'm kinda unsure where else to show it off.

holy shockirus dude, you're gonna need a kennel for that thing.....

Steel Hellkite
Yojimbo

Postby Steel Hellkite » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:00 pm

Thegarbagemonster wrote:
Steel Hellkite wrote:Lady friend got me something wholly unexpected for Christmas. I'm kinda unsure where else to show it off.

holy shockirus dude, you're gonna need a kennel for that thing.....

:D He is far from the biggest beastie in the bunch, but ya. He stands nose to nose with any gigantic series figure. The tail curves around too, so the footprint isn't as awful as most of them.
Last edited by Steel Hellkite on Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFreak99
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillaFreak99 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:38 pm

Thegarbagemonster wrote:I just got the King Caesar, the newer reissue one with the Godzilla 65th logo on the box.
If anyone has this...can you confirm that the ears move? Mine are stiff and I don't wanna break it, lol, but I know the older one had moving ears.

Since i'ts pretty much a repaint of the original, I'm pretty sure the ears are still articulated.
"You can only be as strong as you want to be. I didn’t get this way overnight. It took a very long time for me to be able to stand up for myself. So, you can’t undo the past, but you can choose your own future, and if you want to be strong... you have to fight for it and find out in your life what’s worth fighting for.

GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”