Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Postby Salzilla » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:54 pm

MandaSaurus wrote:WHAT makes you think that SHMA and NECA aren't touching Kong? They haven't announced anything yet... :eh:

NECA did not score the license for GvK, they're even on record saying they aren't making figures for it.

SHMA more than likely will because it's Godzilla. They didn't for Kong Skull Island, but most likely they figured--possibly based on sales of the PJ Kong--that it wasn't going to sell in Japan which is the market they make these for first and foremost. GvK is a different beast, though, because of said Godzilla factor.

Playmates also has a license for it.
Last edited by Salzilla on Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Godzilla review: Close Friends, Chibi Godzilla & friends: https://youtu.be/qLYCo_KJJok
Latest Pacific Rim review: DST Gipsy Avenger SDCC Exclusive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVB3RGXvXfs&t=18s
Latest Ultraman review: SHF Ultraman Belial https://youtu.be/8p2UcHMYEFE
Latest Genre review: 3rd Party/bootleg Ghidorah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4HRNuk0A_E&t=7s

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:08 pm

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:In another picture on that Instagram account is another view of the Destoroyah figure next to a new SpaceGodzilla so it’s not a spoiler.

Millennium Gigan is also in that picture on Godzilla's right. So yeah its nothing new.

Which Godzilla is it? It's a little hard for me to tell.

Pic is too blurry to tell for sure.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:41 pm

MandaSaurus wrote:
WHAT makes you think that SHMA and NECA aren't touching Kong? They haven't announced anything yet... :eh:

Until they actually announce something, we all know it's best not to expect anything at all from either of these companies. They'll put out a new Godzilla, of course, but I won't believe a Kong until I see one. Anyway, I just thought it was funny that Bandai Creations, who never release anything new, got to Kong before they did.

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:51 pm

JAGzilla wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
WHAT makes you think that SHMA and NECA aren't touching Kong? They haven't announced anything yet... :eh:

Until they actually announce something, we all know it's best not to expect anything at all from either of these companies. They'll put out a new Godzilla, of course, but I won't believe a Kong until I see one. Anyway, I just thought it was funny that Bandai Creations, who never release anything new, got to Kong before they did.

Okay, so NECA's out of the game on this one( it seems ), but I wouldn't count SHMA out yet. As a matter of fact, WHY would they produce another movie Goji so soon, and NOT his opponent? I don't see it. KSI had no direct links to the Godzilla-verse, so I get why Tamashii didn't do the big ape - this time, it's quite different. SHMA has also demonstrated that they can do gorillas, and do them WELL. Unless Tamashii themselves say "No Kong", then I don't believe it...

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:05 pm

MandaSaurus wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:

Okay, so NECA's out of the game on this one( it seems ), but I wouldn't count SHMA out yet. As a matter of fact, WHY would they produce another movie Goji so soon, and NOT his opponent? I don't see it. KSI had no direct links to the Godzilla-verse, so I get why Tamashii didn't do the big ape - this time, it's quite different. SHMA has also demonstrated that they can do gorillas, and do them WELL. Unless Tamashii themselves say "No Kong", then I don't believe it...

No ties expected for the Big 4 being in the film and Godzilla's roar.

If Tamashii did 05 Kong they could have done skull island if they wanted.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:28 pm

miguelnuva wrote:

That was just an after-credits scene that a good chunk of the audience didn't even see. I wish SHMA would've made an SI Kong, but that scene alone in no way justifies it.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:14 am

JAGzilla wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

That was just an after-credits scene that a good chunk of the audience didn't even see. I wish SHMA would've made an SI Kong, but that scene alone in no way justifies it.

Toho had approved the use and Godzilla almost made a full appearance in the film. That Kong was way more connected to Godzilla than the 2005 Kong which leads me to believe Tamashii must didn't want to make a skull island Kong.

The scene and the fact that we knew Godzilla vs Kong was coming links Kong and Godzilla. Skull island is no different than Rodan 56 tying into Ghidorah.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Postby DoubleDam21 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:46 am

MandaSaurus wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:

You do realize that they never made either MUTOs right? So I wouldn't put it past them.

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:22 am

@DoubleDam21: Kong has quite the pedigree in Monster-land, so I wouldn't put the MUTOs on his level. The MUTOs were put in Godzilla 2014 so that Big G would have something to fight WITHOUT having to license more kaiju from Toho. Tamashii passed on KSI as the link to the Godzilla Gang was tenuous( post-credits )at best. They're NOT gonna pass on Kong THIS time. I'd bet on it...

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:42 am

They would be damned stupid to pass him up. It's KING KONG. He's arguably better known than Godzilla, guaranteed to sell well, and they'll almost certainly never have a better opportunity to cash in on him than when he's going to fight Godzilla in Hollywood CGI for the first time ever. This chance will probably never come again, in fact. Hell, he wouldn't even be a hard or expensive figure to make. His design is basically humanoid and just about as simple as kaiju get. And I imagine he'll get some kind of electric powerup or something similar in the movie (do not spoil it if anything's been leaked), so there may even be repaint potential.

Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”