Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Re: New wave of Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations figures?

Postby Cimmerian Dragon » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:41 pm

Manda2012 wrote:All 3 look like some kind of 'theatre exclusive' junk.

Awesome! Just what I was hoping for.

I'll definitely be getting the MG, Gigan, and Mothra when I can locate them.
NUMQUAM OBLIVISCEMUR MICHAELIS CRICHTONIS

LYMPHOMANIAC
Cimmerian Dragon
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Captain Aktion » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:46 pm

Manda2012 wrote:Found 'Fusion Series' at Killeen TRU : Goji looks grey, w/ translucency & sparkles, same w/ MechaG. Gigan is translucent green w/ sparkles. All 3 look like some kind of 'theatre exclusive' junk.

In Killeen??? Damnit, why aren't they here in Austin yet?
"If this is your God, you have a serious ontological crisis."

http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

Captain Aktion
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby Cimmerian Dragon » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:59 pm

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their regional distribution.

LYMPHOMANIAC
Cimmerian Dragon
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MandaSaurus » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:11 pm

I think you guys are a bad influence - I'm thinking about going back to Killeen tomorrow & getting Goji( '68, BTW ) & Gigan.

MandaSaurus
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter

Postby Gforeverfan » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:43 am

Thanks for the warm welcome! It is kind of crazy that Michigan got them so quickly. Usually distribution seems to start in the coastal areas and move inward. For other lines Michigan always seems to get stuff weeks after everyone else. I see the Gigan is the same mold, but the paint job seems to be the same also. Can anyone confirm/deny this? Thanks!
Gforeverfan
Young Farmer

Postby Zilla103192 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:13 pm

A brand new TRU "super store" just opened this weekend in my area. Me and my buddy are checking it out tomorrow.

Hopefully, some fusion figures will be in stock.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Zilla103192
Freelance Artist

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Rodan

Postby Cimmerian Dragon » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:14 am

The Godzilla, MechaGodzilla, and Gigan are now listed (with no pictures) on the TrU website. At least if I don't find them soon, I'll be able to order them. Rather not pay shipping, though.

LYMPHOMANIAC
Cimmerian Dragon
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zilla103192 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Found the Tokyo Vinyl figures, no fusions though.

HOLY CRAP THEY ARE TINY!!! NOT worth the $17.99 marked price!!!
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Zilla103192
Freelance Artist

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Postby Primevalgodzilla V2 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Well, they are made of more expensive material than normal BCs.
I am the alienated, the ridiculed, the despised. No need to praise my name. No need to envy my body. I am the shadow under the radiance of heroic spirits. Birthed of the darkness of glorious legend. And so, I hate, I resent. Nourished by the sighs of the people precipitated within the darkness, people that curse the light.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Chief Medical Officer

Geiger Counter

Postby menschenjaeger » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:45 am

zilla103192 wrote:Found the Tokyo Vinyl figures, no fusions though.

My first impression too. Somehow they look larger in all the photos I've seen, even when next to something for scale.
menschenjaeger
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Zilla103192 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:49 am

menschenjaeger wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:Found the Tokyo Vinyl figures, no fusions though.

My first impression too. Somehow they look larger in all the photos I've seen, even when next to something for scale.

I know! These things are like half the size of the regular figures!

Zilla103192
Freelance Artist

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Postby Cimmerian Dragon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:17 am

^ Sure, I wish they were cheaper, but the size didn't bother me much. Compared to something like my SD Yutaka banks, they're easily comparable in height and mass.

LYMPHOMANIAC
Cimmerian Dragon
E.S.P.Spy

Postby BigBaragon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:40 am

The local Toys-R-Us here is loaded with these. (NO Gigans, though...WTH?!?) The 'stylized' ones are neat, as well, though not really my thing. (They had TONS of the vinyl ones when I went yesterday....)

I'm not one to complain, but I wonder why they seem to shy away from releasing Megalon in the states? Ah well... Without these Bandai Cration re-releases, I dont think that many U.S. kids would be exposed to Godzilla, so I see their release as a definite good thing.

We saw a tiny boy running around with a clear Godzilla, making growling noises and smashing him into the peg-hook figures....take THAT "Bukagans"!! I wanted to say to the kid: "LOOK, Billy! Its a retarded-looking little ball that TRANSFORMS into a slightly LESS retarded-looking ball - CRUSH them, Godzilla!!"
Poor, poor selection for kiddies these days....coming from an era of vinyls, giant robos, Micronauts, Megos, Star Wars, He-Man, Thundercats, etc., its very SAD for me to see the isles now stuffed (on their way to the clearance bins, ughhh) with the brain-dead kiddie anime toys-of-the-week. Seriously, can you even COUNT the foolish amount of "catch-em-all"-themed lines out these days with Japanese names?? ...Its almost like thats ALL that is available to kids....s-a-d. Bakublahblah, Redkiwhocares, Beylookretarditsaspinningtop, etc..etc... Most of these 'lines' look like the crap figurines that we'd get in gumball machines as a kid, and be bored with in ten minutes... X_X
BigBaragon
Samurai

Postby Cimmerian Dragon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:48 am

I'm just glad that there are good G.I. Joes and TransFormers back on the shelves. For a while, even those lines went right to shit.

Edit: Now the Fusions aren't coming up in searches on TrU.com. What the hell?

LYMPHOMANIAC
Cimmerian Dragon
E.S.P.Spy

Postby BigBaragon » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Are folks having trouble finding these? I can go buy-up all of the stock at the local stores and sell 'em here, if anyone needs 'em? At cost, of course, I'm not a scalper.
8-)
BigBaragon
Samurai

Postby SJM925 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Is the translucent Mechagodzilla black-ish? I've seen a few pictures of it, and it looks darker, but I haven't a good one.
SJM925
EDF Soldier

Postby UnCanny Studios » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:14 pm

GreenAiden555 wrote:Is the translucent Mechagodzilla black-ish? I've seen a few pictures of it, and it looks darker, but I haven't a good one.

This is the best I've seen:

In the light, it looks translucent gray. In a general, quasi-lit setting it appears to be almost gunmetal in color. It turned out better than the Gigan, if you ask me. Which is weird, because I was more excited for that one.
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!
UnCanny Studios
JXSDF Technician

Postby godzilla98rules » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Has anyone noticed that the Toys R Us website is no longer showing any of the new 6 inch guys? :|
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
Godzilla 1995 wrote:Two is better than one when it comes to shotguns.

TourettesGigan wrote:I'm off to your house with a wood-eating bear. He hates the splinters tho

godzilla98rules
G-Grasper

Geiger Counter

Postby UnCanny Studios » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:09 pm

godzilla98rules wrote:Has anyone noticed that the Toys R Us website is no longer showing any of the new 6 inch guys? :|

Thats odd indeed. They were only up for a couple of days...

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=godzilla&origkw=godzilla&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!
UnCanny Studios
JXSDF Technician

Postby godzilla98rules » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:16 pm

UnCanny Studios wrote:
godzilla98rules wrote:Has anyone noticed that the Toys R Us website is no longer showing any of the new 6 inch guys? :|

Thats odd indeed. They were only up for a couple of days...

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=godzilla&origkw=godzilla&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

Yeah, I sure do hope they come back up on the website again, because it's the only way I can get these guys for such a low price....
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
Godzilla 1995 wrote:Two is better than one when it comes to shotguns.

TourettesGigan wrote:I'm off to your house with a wood-eating bear. He hates the splinters tho

godzilla98rules
G-Grasper

Geiger Counter

PreviousNext

Return to Toho Toys and Models