Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Re: New wave of Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations figures?

Post by gatorzilla »

Jirass wrote:Just nice to see him in an American store.
Amen to that!
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

I am not sure if anyone has mentioned it here before or not, but K-Mart's website now has the most recent wave of Bandai Creation Godzillas up for sale (Burning G, G 2000, Rainbow Mothra both in regular and fusion). They are only $9.99 each, so if there are people still looking for these that do not have a local K-Mart store, I'd recommend getting them here:
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/search_10151 ... +%26+Games

Also, I was very pleased (and surprised) to see that when I went to the K-Mart most recently, they had only one Godzilla figure still available (meaning five had sold since the last time I was there) which is good news! I'd like to see these things sell so that Bandai might finally get off their asses and start making some new molds for us.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Again: BANDAI/Tamashii stated themselves (!) that whatever the Tamashii brand produces has nothing to do with what the BANDAI brand produces and vice versa. They are completely independent from each other.
Size DOES matter!

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

What Petezilla said. Plus, I am talking about new molds for the Bandai Creation figures, not the Bandai Japan ones.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

FlawedCoil82 wrote:What Petezilla said. Plus, I am talking about new molds for the Bandai Creation figures, not the Bandai Japan ones.
Wouldn't it be funny if they saw potential in the US market for growth and decided to step up their quality and released more detailed sculpts!?
Who needs X-Plus figures anymore, I'm going to my local TRU to pick up the latest 12" Godzilla and it's only costing me $20!
Honestly, think the BC 12" figures look pretty good, and would love to, see more of them.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

GCrusher wrote:
FlawedCoil82 wrote:What Petezilla said. Plus, I am talking about new molds for the Bandai Creation figures, not the Bandai Japan ones.
Wouldn't it be funny if they saw potential in the US market for growth and decided to step up their quality and released more detailed sculpts!?
Who needs X-Plus figures anymore, I'm going to my local TRU to pick up the latest 12" Godzilla and it's only costing me $20!
Honestly, think the BC 12" figures look pretty good, and would love to, see more of them.
I'm expecting to possibly see that when the new movie comes out.
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

Good call. Hopefully more 12" BC figures.

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

Has the new Tokyo Vinyl Godzilla 1954 been released yet? I can't find it.

Yes, I want to buy it.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

Tim85 wrote:Has the new Tokyo Vinyl Godzilla 1954 been released yet? I can't find it.

Yes, I want to buy it.
It def. hasn't shown up for me. I hope that they continue this line of toys though. I'm hoping for a Tokyo Vinyl '64 Ghidorah and '72 Gigan. I'd love it if they did a Baragon, but I'm dreaming on that one.
GCrusher wrote:Good call. Hopefully more 12" BC figures.
Yeah, I'm always harping on this. Their 12" line is great, but only 3 figures, WTF?

I'm a total X-plus junkie, but I like those two Bandai creations lines of toys and will continue buying them if more are produced.

terrypierson
Interpol Agent

Post by terrypierson »

My TRU has got all of the BC Godzilla stuff pretty fast and just recently got a ton of new stuff all across the store for the holidays but alas, no Tokyo Vinyl '64.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

I'm sure that this is quite old news but...

I just found a picture online of the '54 Tokyo vinyl and...

I think I'll be passing on that one. Perhaps they decided not to release it because it looks terrible.

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

I picked up the latest fusion figures; Mothra, Burning G and G2K. I think they're cool figures and you can't beat the price of $10 at KMart. Outside of the dorsal fins being a bit wimpy in size, I think the colors of the Burning G are nice and subtle compared to the other sprays of him, Japanese or American versions.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

MasonWerx wrote:I'm sure that this is quite old news but...

I just found a picture online of the '54 Tokyo vinyl and...

I think I'll be passing on that one. Perhaps they decided not to release it because it looks terrible.
Man, that thing really is hideous.

I try to always pick up reasonably priced, unique representations of the '54 suit, as it's solidly my favorite Godzilla design ever, but to pay money for that thing, that'd just be an insult to the King of the Monsters.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

I like them more than most stylized figures to be honest. Mechagodzilla's almost cute.

...*holds up shield*
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Mr. X wrote:I like them more than most stylized figures to be honest. Mechagodzilla's almost cute.

...*holds up shield*
I've considered picking up the MG. But I don't care for either of the Big Gs, and I think the 54 one is particularly sloppy.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

Mr. X wrote:I like them more than most stylized figures to be honest. Mechagodzilla's almost cute.

...*holds up shield*
Yeah, I'm not crazy about the style of the Tokyo Vinyls myself, but I do think Mechagodzilla has a lot of personality.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

I like the 2 tokyo vinyls that I already have. They both have alot of personality and are very unique figures.

They are not going for even remotely the same style as the M-1 or Marmit stylized figures. It is a totally different, cartoonier, much newer look, while the Marmits are stuck in the 1970s (on purpose )

I like alot of the Marmit sculpts (like that '54 above, I think it is a marmit). I would collect more marmits if I had the space and the money, but I just can't get another collection started.

----I hope that BC redesigns that '54 Tokyo Vinyl Goji, or just drops it altogether. It is atrociously ugly, they couldn't give me one for free. Maybe they should take a crack at Godzilla 2000 or GMK instead, since I do like the Final Wars one.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Am I the only one that shows the slightest interest in the Godzilla 54 Tokyo Vinyl?

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Honestly, if these things were released in Japan, and I had to order them online to get them, I wouldn't bother. While I said I prefer them to most stylized figures, that's simply because very few stylized figures actually appeal to me. So saying I prefer the Tokyo Vinyls isn't saying much.

Really, I'm only getting them because I can just walk into Toys r Us and buy 'em. If I had to go out of my way to get them, I wouldn't.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Mr. X wrote:Honestly, if these things were released in Japan, and I had to order them online to get them, I wouldn't bother. While I said I prefer them to most stylized figures, that's simply because very few stylized figures actually appeal to me. So saying I prefer the Tokyo Vinyls isn't saying much.

Really, I'm only getting them because I can just walk into Toys r Us and buy 'em. If I had to go out of my way to get them, I wouldn't.
Having Godzilla memorabilia available at your grasp is always a charm, but I can never get myself to buy them if they don't appeal to me, which is why I don't have any new Creation figures. But I've actually gotten lucky and found some pretty good stuff at walking distance from my house (Banpresto Godzilla figures and even a Marmit vinyl paradise, all pretty good deals too) and I live in an enchanted forest land so that alone is quite amazing. :lol: