Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Re: New wave of Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations figures?

Post by gatorzilla »

Does anyone know when the next exhibit is where Bandai USA shows off there upcoming releases and potential new Godzilla figures?
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

gatorzilla wrote:Does anyone know when the next exhibit is where Bandai USA shows off there upcoming releases and potential new Godzilla figures?
Probably online, the New York Comic Con or most likely next year's Toy Fair.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

GodzillaRangerPrime wrote:
gatorzilla wrote:Does anyone know when the next exhibit is where Bandai USA shows off there upcoming releases and potential new Godzilla figures?
Probably online, the New York Comic Con or most likely next year's Toy Fair.
Werent the Fusion toys revealed at last years New York Comic Con?

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Go to Toys R Us's facebook page and look really, really hard.

You'll get one for cheaper by the 16th if you find it.

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Ugh, I miss KB Toys, they use to be fully stocked with all the good stuff.

TRU is good too, but you gotta be super lucky if you wanna find what you want.

I remember the time when KB Toys was closing down everywhere and everything was on extreme Clearence.
I went one time to check it out. The store was COMPLETELY empty, except for a small pile of stuff in the front which had some Indiana Jones stuff and such.

Guess what else I saw there.

A whole self of a hundred Bandai Creation figures on the left side of the store untouched. WOW
Too bad I already had them all at the time. But wow, no one bought them, even for dirt cheap.
And remember, the store was pretty much completely empty. WOW

They all probably got thrown out.

Are those figures really considered shit to the general public and kids.

Amazing
Last edited by GodzillaRangerPrime on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.

ghidorasauras
Interpol Agent

Post by ghidorasauras »

^ hey more for us, right? :lol:
Svitska Donkun wrote:Godzilla vs. Robot was best one. It was my favorite of movies. Especially part where Godzilla becomes magnet. I wish I could be magnet, but for people. Maybe then Mama will love me despite me not coming from her womb.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

GodzillaRangerPrime wrote:they use to be fully sucked
Yeah, I remember the days when I was fully sucked...
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Captain Aktion wrote:
GodzillaRangerPrime wrote:they use to be fully sucked
Yeah, I remember the days when I was fully sucked...
Woah! Whoops

I meant stocked ;D
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

Legion1979 wrote:I like stylized Godzilla figures from Marmit, M-1 and Gigabrain, and I think chibi-style Godzilla figures are adorable...yet I absolutely hate the Tokyo Vinyls. There's just something really awful about them that I can't put my finger on.
I agree. They're too great a departure from what the characters actually look like. They look like cheap Hong Kong bootlegs to me. I actually hope that people don't buy them so the line dies of quickly.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Saw the Gigan wave at K-Mart, pegs said $9.99 - that's better than TRU!

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Is there any legit source for what the initial sales price for the BANDAI Creation/USA figures (6.5", 12", Tokyo Vinyl) is/was intended to be...? I don't really need regular common spans, but legit information from BANDAI, if possible! Thanks in advance! :)
Size DOES matter!

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Found some Bandai USA Godzilla toys at my Kmart today!
Picked up Fusion MechaGodzilla

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

It's going to be a while before I get around to buying the 2nd wave of Fusion figures. Monsterarts are stealing my money.
I'll get them eventually. I was really lookin' forward to Fusion Burning Goji... Then he came out. Why does he have Brown burning splotches on him? Whatever...

And Rainbow Mothra looks awesome!
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Post by UnCanny Studios »

I ran across the new wave at my local Toys R Us... and I found myself doing the exact same thing I did when the first wave came out. I passed on Rainbow Mothra just as I did Gigan. They're neat, but for some reason I am content with all of the original editions I have. I'll pick them up eventually, but I'd rather keep pumping money into Marmits :freak: .
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

Jeremy Kulow
Yojimbo

Post by Jeremy Kulow »

My friend went on a toy run in the Minneapolis/St.Paul metro area a couple weeks ago and was told by a Toys R Us employee that Bandai Creation Godzillas were no longer going to be stocked in this region. There was only a spot for Tokyo Vinyl and the 12", but they were completely empty. He managed to find the first three of wave 8 for me at K-Mart, but I have no idea how I'm going to get the second wave. I hope K-Mart carries it.

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

I am staying the weekend with my dad and decided to kill some time today by going to K-Mart and was surprised to see that they had finally started carrying Godzilla figures again! They had the normal Godzilla 1968 and Gigan, plus the Fusion Godzilla 1968, Fusion Gigan and Fusion Mechagodzilla. I was hoping that they would have the Fusion Burning Godzilla, but no luck there. I didn't buy any of them because I have no place to put them since I already have all the normal figures, but I will throw out the same offer that I did before to where I will pick up any of these figures if someone on here wants them as long as the retail price and shipping is covered. I'm not looking to profit from them, I just want to keep the figures moving so that (God willing) if Bandai Creation decides to get off their asses and make some new molds, hopefully that K-Mart would be able to stock them.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

marshal99
Ronin

Post by marshal99 »

GodzillaRangerPrime wrote:Ugh, I miss KB Toys, they use to be fully stocked with all the good stuff.

TRU is good too, but you gotta be super lucky if you wanna find what you want.

I remember the time when KB Toys was closing down everywhere and everything was on extreme Clearence.
I went one time to check it out. The store was COMPLETELY empty, except for a small pile of stuff in the front which had some Indiana Jones stuff and such.

Guess what else I saw there.

A whole self of a hundred Bandai Creation figures on the left side of the store untouched. WOW
Too bad I already had them all at the time. But wow, no one bought them, even for dirt cheap.
And remember, the store was pretty much completely empty. WOW

They all probably got thrown out.

Are those figures really considered shit to the general public and kids.

Amazing
If i was there , and depending on which figures , i would have grabbed the whole lot since it's dirt cheap and sell them on ebay but then that's just me. ;)

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

^ My thoughts exactly. I even saw someone selling an entire box of them on Ebay that a store had lying around for a good amount. I had actually considered buying it so I too could resell it for a profit.

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

UnCanny Studios wrote: They're neat, but for some reason I am content with all of the original editions I have. I'll pick them up eventually, but I'd rather keep pumping money into Marmits .
I second this!
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

Jirass
Monsterland Worker

Post by Jirass »

I got the Fusion '68 Godzilla yesterday. It's pretty nice, definitely worth the 10.99. Just nice to see him in an American store.
Fire Rodan appears to have had a delicious caramel filling.
Shadow wrote:
Jirass wrote:Willy Wonka & The Mechagodzilla Factory
'Take a seat, at his feet, and prepare for you annihilation. It's nothing to fear, jump with cheer, for his inner workings defy... explanation.'