Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Panther10
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations discussion

Post by Panther10 »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The classic bandai Godzilla vinyls are an anachronism. A thing of the past. A piece from a bygone part of history that will never again have the luster or exclusivity it used to. These days its all about high end collectables. X-Plus and SHMA have become the newest thing in the evolutionary chain, and every other company has to come to grips with that and learn to adapt or risk extinction.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Panther10 wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. The classic bandai Godzilla vinyls are an anachronism. A thing of the past. A piece from a bygone part of history that will never again have the luster or exclusivity it used to. These days its all about high end collectables. X-Plus and SHMA have become the newest thing in the evolutionary chain, and every other company has to come to grips with that and learn to adapt or risk extinction.
Not really they just aren't the be all end all of kaiju collecting they use to be. They still sell well and plenty of people still buy them it's just post golden age for vinyls.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Too bad BC kept reissuing that fucking G54.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Panther10 wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. The classic bandai Godzilla vinyls are an anachronism. A thing of the past. A piece from a bygone part of history that will never again have the luster or exclusivity it used to. These days its all about high end collectables. X-Plus and SHMA have become the newest thing in the evolutionary chain, and every other company has to come to grips with that and learn to adapt or risk extinction.
The difference is this. the figure Lines you just talked about often enough cost 10 Times the price of a BC Vinyl especially for X-Plus the bigger fans with the paychecks will do it but generally enough most people just want a representation of their favorite monster on their desk because let's face it most of us often just look at the figures and don't really mess with them.

Honestly though just because High End Collectables are much more prevalent nowadays doesn't mean the cheap stuff is going there is always going to be a group of people that don't want to spend over a $100 for a piece of plastic generally speaking.
Godzilla

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

True, look at the Ultra 500s, things are made because you can buy a cart load. Bandai should do Godzilla 500.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

ILL GREEN wrote:look at the Ultra 500s, things are made because you can buy a cart load. Bandai should do Godzilla 500.
Yes and no. Because they often also look like that: cheap. Not sculpt-wise, but in the color department.
Size DOES matter!

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Chris55 wrote:
Mechagigan wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:Rip bandai creations
Kinda tough to be critical of a line aimed at 4 year olds :)
Only poking around :P For a kid's line, it sure as hell kept me entertained.

Also, I'd kill for Godzilla 500s. Probably not enough Kaiju to warrant the idea, but still.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

rest in spaghetti, never forgetti

-your destroyah was cool tho-
:gigan:

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

GodzillaRangerPrime wrote:What happened?!
Someone finally pointed out that this thread is pointless and should be locked. Took a tombstone to do it though...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Chris55 wrote:
If this was a line aimed at 4 year olds, then why all the hubbub and stuff regarding the fandom's input?

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
If this was a line aimed at 4 year olds, then why all the hubbub and stuff regarding the fandom's input?
Well, it's not like that hubbub ever actually put anything into motion... X_X

I'll never forget you, Megalon...

I guess there's still a chance they'll be made, but I doubt it. That whole fiasco went on for a really long time, and the fact they've made nothing at all for Shin isn't a great sign. Besides, they made the bare minimum for G'14, and haven't made a non-"mainstream" monster since KC.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
Cuz there are fans that don't care and want to collect them anyway. It was a way of involving them.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: The Bandai Fusion series came out a while back, but i wasnt on this website at the time. So what are your guys thoughts on them? I have the G2000 and G1995, both are simple repaints.
Never mind, wrong thread my bad, i got confused so BAHHHH
Carried over to the right one :P

The Fusion series was pretty mixed... some looked really appealing, such as Rainbow Mothra or Gigan, while others just looked like bootlegs, like G'68 or '95. For relatively cheap repaints, they had a couple neat results, but most were just as simple as the idea itself.

It's really too bad they never released these two great looking '95s...

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/god ... 0429044129

http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2/ga ... G_8508.jpg

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Mechagigan wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: The Bandai Fusion series came out a while back, but i wasnt on this website at the time. So what are your guys thoughts on them? I have the G2000 and G1995, both are simple repaints.
Never mind, wrong thread my bad, i got confused so BAHHHH
Carried over to the right one :P

The Fusion series was pretty mixed... some looked really appealing, such as Rainbow Mothra or Gigan, while others just looked like bootlegs, like G'68 or '95. For relatively cheap repaints, they had a couple neat results, but most were just as simple as the idea itself.

It's really too bad they never released these two great looking '95s...

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/god ... 0429044129

http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2/ga ... G_8508.jpg
Thanks dude! Yeah i think Bandai needed quick few bucks to cash in on, especially with kids. It worked with me :)
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Honestly looking to get rid of my Fusion series figures. I believe I have all of them besides Burning Godzilla.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

^ yeah i can see why, im not going to sell them but i am considering painting the Fusion G2000 green and orange.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Castellan Zilla wrote:Honestly looking to get rid of my Fusion series figures. I believe I have all of them besides Burning Godzilla.
Donate them to good will. It's not like they're worth much. Just a sad attempt to copy the theater exclusives Japan puts out.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Godzillian wrote: Donate them to good will. It's not like they're worth much. Just a sad attempt to copy the theater exclusives Japan puts out.
Gigan and MechaGodzilla fetch high prices on Ebay. I currently have them listed as a set with 4 people watching the listing. So yea, don't tell me what to do with my figures, thanks. I know what I have and what I can get for them.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Godzillian wrote:
Castellan Zilla wrote:Honestly looking to get rid of my Fusion series figures. I believe I have all of them besides Burning Godzilla.
Donate them to good will. It's not like they're worth much. Just a sad attempt to copy the theater exclusives Japan puts out.
Just because you find them worthless doesnt mean other people do. Ive seen them go for high prices
Resized Image

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

...pretty sure he wasn't 100% sure of what they're worth, I doubt he was meaning to be rude.

But yeah, surprisingly they'RE actually worth something. Makes sense that it's only the prettier ones, though.