Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Re: New wave of Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations figures?

Post by gatorzilla »

UnCanny Studios wrote:I'm still excited for this series to hit shelves. We can expect them next month - and by new information gathered at the Toy Fair, I'd expect them to be hitting stores in no more than three or four months!

I'll pe picking up the translucent/glitter MechaGodzilla and Gigan for sure, as well as the Tokyo Vinyl Mecha G. I'm sure I'll end up getting all of the translucents at some point, as well as the two Godzilla TVs.
By stores do you mean Toys R Us and comic shops or other stores too like Target, Walmart etc
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Jomei wrote:So wait... are they being released next month... or in three to four months?
They're being released next month, but Bandai's Godzilla toys have a history of delays reaching other places. Up until Wave 6, around here, we had to wait a year to get the newest wave.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Jomei wrote:
JVM wrote:
Jomei wrote:So wait... are they being released next month... or in three to four months?
They're being released next month, but Bandai's Godzilla toys have a history of delays reaching other places. Up until Wave 6, around here, we had to wait a year to get the newest wave.
Other places? So where will they be available right away, and where can we reasonably expect delays? :dizzy:
I don't really know. It seems to depend, even locally speaking. Out of the two Toys R Us stores we have here, the closer one was usually a year behind, and the other one, more out of the way seemed to have everything right after it came out. (Although they didn't seem to have MechaGodzilla ever, they did have Wave 5 first.)

I say give it two months - time for the stuff to arrive, time for the shelves to clear a little in case.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

kitik
Samurai

Post by kitik »

The current Spacegodzilla/Gigan wave is still filling shelves at most TRU's around here. That said, it seems like its been a really good-selling wave. I see new cases come in for it all the time.

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Mine stocked SpaceGodzilla recently. I didn't pick him but it's nice to have a SpaceGodzillla figure in the Toys R Us.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

My TRU has SpaceG, 04 Godzilla, GMK Godzilla, 04 Gigan, 12" Godzilla and 12" Gigan.

They had a 12" Kiryu, but I passed thinking It would be there for me to get next week. NOPE. -_-
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Mine is kinda lacking in Godzilla figures. Originally they had a lot, but now they just have FW Godzilla, Godzilla '54, and the huge Godzilla FW.

@ Zilla Yeah I said the same thing when they had Mechagodzilla '74. I regret not buying it >.<
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Love them or hate them, the BC figures are the best thing to happen to young Goji fans. I had Trendmastes when I was a pup and these are waaaaay more film accurate.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:^ Oh god yes! I was thrilled to see several people with Godzys in their cart when I was in TRU around Christmas time. I think a lot of parents (or grandparents) may see these toys on the shelf, feel a twinge of nostalgia, and pick them up on impulse for a kid that may not even be aware of the franchise. Why buy Billy a cliched rubber dinosaur when you can get him Godzilla?

If even one kid sits down and watches a G-film thanks to the BC toyline, or if a kid that's already enjoyed the films gets his fandom strengthened by playing with the big guy, then it's a triumph for the fan community.
Amen to that. Same thing could even be said for the IDW comics. Love or hate em they are helping to reguvenate the Godzilla franchise again.

Glad to see people buying Godzilla for their kids for christmas!

The TRU in Indianapolis always has a good supply of BC Godzilla figures and always sell out of the big ones

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

^Thank God for reasonable people.
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Post by UnCanny Studios »

Sorry guys, I meant three to four weeks, as in the release is still set for the first half of March.
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

zilla103192 wrote:My TRU has SpaceG, 04 Godzilla, GMK Godzilla, 04 Gigan, 12" Godzilla and 12" Gigan.

They had a 12" Kiryu, but I passed thinking It would be there for me to get next week. NOPE. -_-
There's still lots of Kiryus to find. Gigan's the rare one.

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

JVM wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:My TRU has SpaceG, 04 Godzilla, GMK Godzilla, 04 Gigan, 12" Godzilla and 12" Gigan.

There's still lots of Kiryus to find. Gigan's the rare one.
It really depends on where you look some places have A TON of Gigans actually and no Godzillas or Kiryus. Gigan is definatly not "rare" it's just that a lot of people most likely picked it up right away in that location. Most places still have Godzillas because there was at least two Godzillas released with each new wave so most people already have a Godzilla not to mention that the 12 inch Godzilla has been re-released once that I know of along with Kiryu. I've actually NEVER seen the 12 inch Kiryu anywhere I've seen a lot of Gigans just never picked one up I don't have the space for a 12 incher right now. So Kiryu can sometimes be the harder one to find but none of these are rare at all they're all mass produced toys.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Well, Gigan was only in two waves and Kiryu in three, so there are technically more Kiryus. I guess I just live in an unfortunate spot, because there are people who really just come into the stores on shipping dates here just to pick up the Gigans and re-sell them on eBay and Amazon marked up.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Im surprised no one asked them at Toy Fair if they plan on adding more monsters to their Godzilla line or what other plans they had in store.

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

My TRU has the Tokyo Vinyl. I picked up the MG on Tues

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

leunames wrote:My TRU has the Tokyo Vinyl. I picked up the MG on Tues
:shock:

Going to TRU tonight to check if we have them now.

thanks!!
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Toys R Us's website is listing the SD figures as Urban Vinyl figures.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp ... 54197&sr=1

wts

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

GreenAiden555 wrote:Apparently, the SD line is called the Tokyo Vinyl line.... Wonder why they decided to give it an actual name....

Oh well, here's to seeing what comes of it!

Hmmmm....

Missed the discussion the past few pages?

UnCanny Studios
G-Force Personnel

Post by UnCanny Studios »

The official release name is "Tokyo Vinyl", as is printed on the packaging. But I'm sure it'll receive several other muddled up names before the series gets going :lol: .
GLENN AMER doesn't battle, he just allows you to Lose.

http://skreeonk.com - The Kaiju Fan Network! Check out the KAIJU FAN MARKETPLACE! Still going strong! Buy, sell, and list with other kaiju fans for free! Buy stuff!