Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Post by Chris55 »

CyberZilla wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:
Yeah, fat chance on Bandai USA ever taking a chance on obscure characters ever again, after King Caesar failed miserably in terms of sales. Though I wouldn’t rule those characters out of being produced by the new Bandai Japan line.
Depends on who's in charge of the line and the current climate really. King Caesar had been approved in like 2011 by someone who had preceded my contact at the time and they forgot the person's name. Right now, things are dormant for that line but it'll most likely ramp up again in production next year for the Godzilla 2 line. G14 did really well. For some reason, THIS was a huge seller: http://www.tohokingdom.com/toys/godzill ... andai.html
The smash strike is one of the only Godzilla products I actually regret purchasing. I was on a G14 kick and wanted a figure, but after I got the "atomic vomit" and neca's g14 figures...
The "beam" of that Godzilla was really just their best guess. Legendary didn't have the look finalized when time came to start making the toys.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Well, uh, what did you guys think were the best figures of this line? What did you think were the worst?

Worst imo: Godzilla 1968, GMK Ghidorah

Best imo: King Caesar, G2K, MechaGodzilla 2

Indifferent: "First" Godzilla - a good sculpt in some areas, but horrendous in some. Sort of became the flagship figure for the line? I think if it were in black and white it would've been a lot better.
Last edited by Grunkle Sans on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:gigan:

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Worst: GMK Godzilla.

Best: probably King Caesar or rainbow Mothra for how much they improved over the Japanese counterparts.

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

Worst: Burning Godzilla, looks really ugly.

Best: Godzilla 2004, Looks great.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

Kinggoji1962 wrote:Worst: Burning Godzilla, looks really ugly.

Know what's funny? That one was the biggest seller
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Chris55 wrote:

Source? I wonder what the statistics were for each figure.
:gigan:

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

Grunkle Sans wrote:
Chris55 wrote:

Source? I wonder what the statistics were for each figure.
The source is a conversation I had with Bandai when I was at their office a couple of years back.

Little kids just really took to that design. Godzilla looks like a weird dinosaur and the color scheme was eye catching. So, it sold really well.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Grunkle Sans wrote:Well, uh, what did you guys think were the best figures of this line? What did you think were the worst?

I know I'm late on this but...

Best: King Caesar, Destoroyah, Rainbow Mothra, Showa Mechagodzilla, Godzilla 2014, Final Wars Gigan, Fusion series Rainbow Mothra

Worst: Godzilla 68, Hedorah, Showa Gigan, Burning Godzilla (mostly for the fact that I'm sick of seeing that figure) GMK Ghidorah, the rest of the Fusion series.

On that note: but does anyone at all know what happened to this line? After all the Godzilla 2014 hype died down, BC just dropped off the face of the Earth.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:
Grunkle Sans wrote:Well, uh, what did you guys think were the best figures of this line? What did you think were the worst?

Best: King Caesar, Destoroyah, Rainbow Mothra, Showa Mechagodzilla, Godzilla 2014, Final Wars Gigan, Fusion series Rainbow Mothra

Worst: Godzilla 68, Hedorah, Showa Gigan, Burning Godzilla (mostly for the fact that I'm sick of seeing that figure) GMK Ghidorah, the rest of the Fusion series.

On that note: but does anyone at all know what happened to this line? After all the Godzilla 2014 hype died down, BC just dropped off the face of the Earth.
It’s either in hibernation till Godzilla 2 or it’s dead. I prefer to be optimistic and presume the former.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

CyberZilla wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:

It’s either in hibernation till Godzilla 2 or it’s dead. I prefer to be optimistic and presume the former.

I hope to the flying spaghetti monster this line isn't dead. they were really starting to step up their game in recent years with their King Caesar, Show MG and Godzilla 2014 figures. Why stop when they were just starting to really get good? imo.
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:
CyberZilla wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:

I hope to the flying spaghetti monster this line isn't dead. they were really starting to step up their game in recent years with their King Caesar, Show MG and Godzilla 2014 figures. Why stop when they were just starting to really get good? imo.
King Caesar didn't sell I remember being told. Showa MG must have sold better since they did more than one version. G14 stuff did really well but as of now, the line is dormant. The last I heard, the line didn't have anyone running it and it was just sitting there. It all should change for Godzilla 2 though.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Hopefully better than those crap gimmicks toys. I do rather like the 6" G14 vinyl they did though.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Hopefully better than those crap gimmicks toys. I do rather like the 6" G14 vinyl they did though.
Atomic Vomit was kinda neat, the rest not so much.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

CyberZilla wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Hopefully better than those crap gimmicks toys. I do rather like the 6" G14 vinyl they did though.
I want gravity beam vomit Ghidorah...

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

@Chris55: So what you're saying is that the line is in hibernation until further notice? DAMN!!!

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

MM Raids Again wrote:
CyberZilla wrote:
I want gravity beam vomit Ghidorah...
I concur

Resized Image

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

Yeah, that stupid Smash Strike one was the big winner. The Atomic Breath one did pretty good. That one was interesting because they had no idea what the beam was going to look like. The effect was really just their best guess.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:@Chris55: So what you're saying is that the line is in hibernation until further notice? DAMN!!!
Might come OUT of hibernation in 2019/2020...

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

MandaSaurus wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:@Chris55: So what you're saying is that the line is in hibernation until further notice? DAMN!!!
Might come OUT of hibernation in 2019/2020...
For them to get the 2019 line out, they're gonna have to start getting things going in 2018. Last i heard, the license is just sitting there.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Well most toy lines for movies start a year in advance. So Bandai America starting things up in 2018 is all but assured I think.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"